Help with tang's ich...

• SRC Member

I used to own a clown tang, blue tang and now a powder blue...unfortunately and sadly...all died on me...damn sad when each one of them died...

Now not more tang in my tang, waiting to see what i can do to better solve the prob...

no nitrate in my tank only phosphate right now...

all died of ich... damn sian...

anyone can tell me how they keep their PTB tang alive ? and also clown tang alive ?

i got a cleaner shrimp..thinking of getting somemore to clean up the tang next time..

what's a good remedy for ich ? i try freshwater dip with methyl blue but still no use.. still die in the end after i place it into quarantee tank...

SIAN... :eyeblur: HELP.

I am thinking of ozonizer...does it make a significant effort and effect to the survival rate of the tangs ?

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

Dear Reefers

PB Tangs need plenty of space and are easiy susceptible to stress. Good water perimeters is a given. Otherwise their body resistance will drop due to stress and break out with all kinds of white spots and diseases.

Personally I have tried all of these and they seem to work for me.

1) Garlic - smash it up and mix it with normal diet. The fish will eat them if there is a feeding frenzy. On its own, fish seem to reject it.

2) Ozonize your water at least 2 to 4 hours daily.

3) Provide friendly tankmates (e.g. wrasse, clowns, cleaner shrimps etc)

4) Provide plenty of room to swim and rocks to hide

5) Vary the fish diet

6) Don't disturb the water unless you have to

7) Constant perimters (light, temp, water pH, feeding time etc seem to help)

Good luck :idea:

I have 6 tangs in my 4ft tank with corals and live rocks. I am into tang only for past 4 years. All I do whenever I see their body started break out of ich, was just to add oxy-cure and water change. Not too much water chage if you have corals, they will go into shock. This method always works for me and hope it works for you also. :D

Dun give up bro...keep trying! I also learn it the hard way...almost all my tangs got ich last time...some died on me but some others made it thru n when I look at them so healthy now, really feel that all the hardwork is worth it! :)

So far wat really works for me is a combi of hypo n myxazin...I'll hypo them in my qt for a few weeks n dose the myxazin until the ich r completely gone...do note that u have to off ur skimmer n UV thru out the treatment...if u follow strictly the 12 hrs half dose treatment as instructed, myxazin really works wonders! :D

Hope this helps...

• SRC Member

the secret is feed them garlic. disease will always be in the tank. the only way out then, is to increase the fishes' health and immunity

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
hello there,

i was juz lucky i guess to have achilles,chevron,yellow kole eye,PBT,YT,PT,sohal tt are doing vry well till today. :lol:

:peace:

:blink::blink::blink: Bro Storm Tropper, you can keep so many tangs just for lucky ? Your water condition must be superr :yeah: ...please help bro RX GAN .. :peace:;)

I might not have years and years of experience... but IMO one of the reasons Tangs get ich is due to stress... perhaps try not to create more stress by catching/trapping them... put them in an entirely new environment... dip them... soak them... add this and that... :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hahaha...thanks for all the help la...i think was too busy handling with the tank setup thats why the tangs died...

now having two other tangs...both doing very well and active. :lol:

think those previous tangs died due to lack of care. think that when i was playing with the water and system, caused some unnecessary stress in them. :lol:

thanks for all the help. :lol: much appreciated.

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

• SRC Member

:blink::blink::blink: Bro Storm Tropper, you can keep so many tangs just for lucky ? Your water condition must be superr :yeah: ...please help bro RX GAN .. :peace:;)

Hey Bro Lum!

long time never hear frm u man, how is ur beautiful reef tank?

still tok kong as ever? :bow: sori lah never reply u back coz outstation lah this 2 days.

No lah Bro Lum i don know anything abt marine enviroment and water parameter i new hand lah juz plain lucky. Bro lum how can i help rx, he already reached expert level i am nobody here still learning don know this n that wait say wrong kena hantam paiseh leh. :whistle

do no leh juz lucky all the tangs first time buy no ich n all survived.

Never mind lah Bro Lum we juz do wat ever we can to help ppl who alredy pm us in the past n maybe in the future to seek for help n we help them ok

last time u asked me abt the naso so far vry pui pui already. :lol:

ok bro lum got to go catch u some other time. :peace:

• SRC Member

Hey Bro Lum!

long time never hear frm u man, how is ur beautiful reef tank?

still tok kong as ever? :bow: sori lah never reply u back coz outstation lah this 2 days.

No lah Bro Lum i don know anything abt marine enviroment and water parameter i new hand lah juz plain lucky. Bro lum how can i help rx, he already reached expert level i am nobody here still learning don know this n that wait say wrong kena hantam paiseh leh. :whistle

do no leh juz lucky all the tangs first time buy no ich n all survived.

Never mind lah Bro Lum we juz do wat ever we can to help ppl who alredy pm us in the past n maybe in the future to seek for help n we help them ok

last time u asked me abt the naso so far vry pui pui already. :lol:

ok bro lum got to go catch u some other time. :peace:

WOW..bro Tropper..you very humble ler :P ,anyway great to hear that your naso now PUI PUI liao B):peace:

Ok..good to meet at jln kayu whack prata there :yeah: pm me bro.. :P:thanks:

Happy reefing... :peace: Cheers

• SRC Member
I used to own a clown tang, blue tang and now a powder blue...unfortunately and sadly...all died on me...damn sad when each one of them died...

Now not more tang in my tang, waiting to see what i can do to better solve the prob...

no nitrate in my tank only phosphate right now...

all died of ich... damn sian...

anyone can tell me how they keep their PTB tang alive ? and also clown tang alive ?

i got a cleaner shrimp..thinking of getting somemore to clean up the tang next time..

what's a good remedy for ich ? i try freshwater dip with methyl blue but still no use.. still die in the end after i place it into quarantee tank...

SIAN... :eyeblur: HELP.

I am thinking of ozonizer...does it make a significant effort and effect to the survival rate of the tangs ?

I had the same problem too with PBT, they succumb to ich after a few days. The secret is to QT them with copper, not just any copper, but seachem cupramine at .3 to .5 ppm measured with a red sea or sera cu test kit.

There is a lot of speculation that there are bacteria in the stomach of tangs and the copper will kill the bacteria in the tangs and the tang itself. I find that seachem cupramine is gentle to most fishes even at .5ppm

I have used this product at .3 ppm with success with most fishes, even dwarf angel.

I have a PBT which I have QT'ed in copper for one month and he is in my 3 ft display tank now ich free and I beleive my tank's parameters is less than pristine. My N03 is aro 100ppm.

HTH