Diving in Phuket

TntR2

Hi..

My friends and i would be going for a short getaway in phuket this coming May.. we have planned a day of scuba diving during the trip and i hope some bros here can provide some assistance..

Would it be advisable to book the scuba trip online? any established and good operators to recommend? or it would b better to sign up for the trips when we arrive?

All advise would be appreciated!

Thanks!

:D

• SRC Member

u can sign up trips with any singapore scuba shops..

u juz need to pay and wait for the day to come..

everything is taken care of for u..

either than tt...

u can book a budget tkt to phuket..

then go there look for scuba shop there..

rental of equipments and stuff there..

accomodations and food u take care of urself..

one is easy way out myb expensive abit

another is ur own way might be cheaper if u have done ur home work well..

haha..

hmm... i guess i might have not been too clear in my first post... :cry:

anyway.. my friends and i have already booked our flights to Phuket le.. and we are planning to have a day of diving there..

therefore now trying to do some homework to find a cheap and good dive operator there.. so any bros here is a regular at Phuket who knows of any good/cheap dive operators located in that city? and do we need to book the trip online or just do a walk-in?

Thanks!

The prices in phucket more or less the same across the board. if you are only diving for 1 day, i assume its only in phucket area and not similans? try south siam divers. I went with them a few times and they are professional and comfortable, however their boats may be a bit crowded. The cheapest i know is a dive outfit call similanprodive (the owners are thai and if u know how to bargain can bring down the prices like 10-20%). Have fun. you can pm me if you want more infor.

i am going to phuket for diving ard may.

Are uqualified to dive? Or still learning?

Most of my friends are novice divers.. dived about once or twice and we are at least open water divers.. some are advanced..

So will u be booking your diving trip when u arrive? or are you booking online?

Cheers :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Phuket has PLENTY of dive operators there. The prices are quite competitive there and prices are normally listed so not likely to kena chop like carrot.

So yah, u can just walk in there. They have this jetty place like Mersing where all the operators gather. Like in Sg, some of the operators group together to save costs. So sometimes you find that it doesn't matter so much which particular op you book with. you still end up on the same mini bus and go on the same boat. hahaha

Well, there are several dive sites near phuket itself. There are various pho this and pho that islands. Shark Point is a fav for ppl who wanna see sharks. Last time I went there, all the other pairs of divers got to see shark except me :( Next trip to phuket try again bah.

• SRC Member
Phuket has PLENTY of dive operators there. The prices are quite competitive there and prices are normally listed so not likely to kena chop like carrot.

So yah, u can just walk in there. They have this jetty place like Mersing where all the operators gather. Like in Sg, some of the operators group together to save costs. So sometimes you find that it doesn't matter so much which particular op you book with. you still end up on the same mini bus and go on the same boat. hahaha

Well, there are several dive sites near phuket itself. There are various pho this and pho that islands. Shark Point is a fav for ppl who wanna see sharks. Last time I went there, all the other pairs of divers got to see shark except me :( Next trip to phuket try again bah.

hahaha.. i did not see leopard shark at shark's point too.. but saw it at Phi Phi Don instead... :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.