Clowns and Anemones Only

Nitro

• SRC Member
srry guys,

need some help on my anemone.....

wat is the brown color stuff on the sands? i had it on my rocks too.

any ways to remove it?

thks.

Hi guys,

lemme share my experience with diatoms and cyano... I read in RC (Reef Central) that some guys actually adopts this theory whereby there'll be total darkness for 2-4 days in a month for their tank. This actually get rids of unwanted diatoms and cyano. I've tried that in surely in 1 day the cyano in my tank disappeared.

Of coz it also depends on ur feeding regime... u guys can try it if u want, but results do varies :lol:

here's the link to no lights for 3 days method from RC B)

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

The three BTAs look really happy. Nice to see the bubble tips on them. They dont look like theyve moved around much too. Looking good.

I must admit, however, the one small BTA on the left looks a bit retarded, lol. Never quite seen one like that!

The greenish based fluffy mushrooms look like Rhodactis (possibly indosinensis) while the bigger ones are (Amplexidiscus sp.).

The latter has been known to ingest clowns that try to host in them. Only something i have read, havent had enough money to try it myself.

The other clowns look like theyve been bullied out of the picture :P

• SRC Member

Exiled > It's really Elephant ears, maybe when they puff up, I 'll take some pic again. The other clowns are now hosting the 2 crispa. This two days, the big maroon keep disturbing the crispa, sweeping them here and there.

Hi guys,

lemme share my experience with diatoms and cyano... I read in RC (Reef Central) that some guys actually adopts this theory whereby there'll be total darkness for 2-4 days in a month for their tank. This actually get rids of unwanted diatoms and cyano. I've tried that in surely in 1 day the cyano in my tank disappeared.

Of coz it also depends on ur feeding regime... u guys can try it if u want, but results do varies :lol:

here's the link to no lights for 3 days method from RC B)

Hi

I'm not gonna try that. Caused my H. magnifica to move around SO much the last time the light bulb blew and couldnt change it for 18hours. Bleached and stung corals, not good.

• SRC Member

Ha, I dun test water perimeters, am a very lazy hobbiest but I do frequent water chg and cleaning of tank to make sure all are ok.

Nano 9002 is $190. Considered good for a skimmer of it's size.

• SRC Member

Exiled > both crispa still surviving but are positioned in such a way that make photo taking difficult. Will try to post once I got an update.

This week, juz did a partial water change again, so far all doing good. Except for one anemone that looks like melt away but not really cuz it still puffs up and now thinking back... it might be splitting but I've throw it away as I'm really not sure if it's splitting or melting away.