Want to setup a 2F reef tank, need HELPS!!!! TQ

• SRC Member

bro oceanloverm I cant give any commen over the skimmer here.. in a forum is better not to say 1 brand better than others... dun wan to start a fight yu know :fear:

abt FR tats lot of brand in the market... in the olden days Skimz FR is one of the choice.. but now I cant find any in LFS :evil: I can show yu Resun FR looks like.. anyway all FR works the same..

post-6-1178814072.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bro oceanloverm where yu stay?? west east?? if yu are at the east side.. yu can go Ubi industrial to look for ur pvc pipes and elbows.. yu name it they have it :eyebrow: if I'm not wrong tats a shop name "DIY" something like tat(cant really remember the name).. I saw it at woodland cause way point shopping center at basement...

come to chiller.. bro if yu getting a 2nd hand better ask the owner to service it be4 selling it to yu.. abt the problem yu ask.. try press and hold the 'set' on the chiller.. hold untill yu see the temp display trun 'CA' than press '+' or '-' the temp display will than show yu number.. like 01, 02, 03.... set the number to 01.. press and hold the 'set' on the chiller again hold it abt 15sec than let go.. the chiller temp display should be ok by than.. hope yu understand wat I try to say :ph34r:

wat I did when I having my 2ft is tat.. I use a 3000L pump connect to chiller and the out put of chiller goes back to main tank.. on the CL650 yu can see 'in' and 'out' beside the connection of the chiller.. 'in' mean connect to pump and 'out' goes to main tank.. hope yu get wat I mean :angel:

another pic of FR yu can see :peace:

post-6-1178823551.jpg

• SRC Member

Many Thanks to Bro sonicfrank for all the precious information :peace::bow: If i connect one pump to both skimmer and chiller, then will it work good? Or preferable a single for skimmer so i can diy my pump to needlewheel pump? :P

• SRC Member

diy to needlewheel..not really effective one...

ur skimmer should run with one pump..and u must see if urs is con or countercurrent.

not recommended to do so...

cos let''s break up and look at the situation here...

if return is 3000.

skimmer is running at 3000l/hr flowrate..u must check if u are overpowering it...

then at the output after skimming, flowrate will be depleted to 2700l/hr considering the pipe to skimmer and out...

then to ur chiller running along the connection, u will reach it at 1500 to 2000l/hr.

it might reach it underrated in the end.

and one more thing is during maintainence..if u off ur skimmer pump(return), ur chiller will stop working and that means the whole system will be broken down and stop working.

and the next part is connection...how are u going to connect them..u can use a pipe tightener but there goes ur effort and a clap for that when u are doing maintainence... :lol: u will understand if u try it out...

something wrong with chiller = to something wrong with skimmer.

u wanna risk it ? hahaha..

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

• SRC Member

Aiyai Capten RX_GAN :pirate: Fire 3 Pumps! :P Now i have few questions to ask,

(1) For my weipro skimmer model 2012, using which pump will give it the best performance? How many litre per hour?

(2) During cycling, do i need to on the chiller and the light??? Or just keep the water at the average temp of 28'c will do and no lighting? Don't want to waste electricity, save $$$ :yeah:

(3) One very stupid question, does anyone have a sump tank which is bigger than their main tank?? :fear: Where can i find a LFS or glass or acylic shops to help me build a sump?

(4) I heard from a reefer said that if i use a pump and the output of the chiller goes directly to the main tank, it's not good is it? Please advice.

Many thanks :)

• SRC Member

anyone? :huh:

• SRC Member

:lol: okay...first question is abt the skimmer..

around 2200l/hr for that skimmer is enough. :D

for sump...it can be bigger becos depends on wat filtration u wan.

if biological, most of them will have a bigger sump which is combination of a refugium.

also with FR, skimmer filter medium...u can definitely build a bigger sump. not a prob at all.

for sump, if u wan ready-made, u can get from here. just look for those decomming..

i think thairun bro is selling away some sump, u can ask him. :lol:

sump making is very easy de.freshwater shop also can made for u. u jsut need to check for

the quotations.

:lol:

chiller returns to main tank not good ? hahaha...how come ? unless the chiller is leaking chemicals to the main tank, but i doubt so. chiller to main tank is the most efficient way to fire ur chiller.

becos it's the last output to main tank. there is no direct heat load to the water returning so chilling will be faster.

the theory is very simple, u can try putting ice in ur sump and putting ice in ur main tank.

which way will lower the temperature faster ? if u are afraid of this and that, get a better chiller then. get Italy titanium brands instead of china brands.

links:

• SRC Member

Another question, if the input of the chiller is from the sump tank and the output to the main tank, so that's mean i don't need a pump inside the sump tank which connect to the main tank? :huh:

• SRC Member

....the input is from the sump...if no pump then how ur chiller get the input.

chiller cannot suck the water on it's own one. so u need to pump to ur chiller.

:D

links:

• SRC Member
:D I know that lar bro, my question is if my chiller can bring my water from the sump to the main tank, then does i need to install another pump just to bring the water from sump to main? Thanks :)

• SRC Member

A stoper? don't know what is that, any pic? Thanks :P But If use this method ( pump to chiller to main tank ), i need to choose very strong pump right? Will it affect the effectiveness of the chiller? Like instead of using 1/2hour to cool down the water to 26'c, it used 1hour to cool it down after using a strong pump, will this happen? :huh::huh::huh:

• SRC Member

if yu using CL650 a 3000L pump is gd enough.. if CL280 using 2000-2500L is gd.. yu can use a stronger pump but not under power pump.. if yu use a stronger pump yu still can use a stoper to control the water back to main tank if yu think the water is to fast.. but if yu use a under power pump yu cant do anything wif it.. abt the pic tonight I take some pic of my.. eatting snake :P hahaha :whistle

• SRC Member

Hehehehe, Thanks Bro Sonicfrank :D I bought a CL650 chiller from a bro in this forum, but haven't test it yet because don't have pipes :pinch: Any advice which brand of pump is better? I mean in term of electricity saving pump :P

Since i have a chiller, it is advisable that i use a MH light instead of T5HO? If i use Mh light, 70watts or 150watts for a 2ft tank? Do i still need blue T5HO if i have a MH? :eyeblur:

Hehehehe, Thanks Bro Sonicfrank :D I bought a CL650 chiller from a bro in this forum, but haven't test it yet because don't have pipes :pinch: Any advice which brand of pump is better? I mean in term of electricity saving pump :P

Since i have a chiller, it is advisable that i use a MH light instead of T5HO? If i use Mh light, 70watts or 150watts for a 2ft tank? Do i still need blue T5HO if i have a MH? :eyeblur:

go for 150 watt MH. :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

ofcoz a MH is better but come to electricity T5 is much more better.. so is up to yu.. yes yu still need moon light(blue light) for MH.. now a days most pple will go for MH tat come wif 2 T5.. a 2ft 75W 14000k is gd enough.. there a pic yu can look at.. user posted image

AquaBee pump yu can go for.. the watt for 3000L only 40w.. but is exp lor :evil:

• SRC Member

Wa.... How much you buy the lighting set with MH 75watts with T5HO? Can pm me please and also the price for aquabee 3000L/H 40watts's price also :) Thanks.

Still have TONS of question to ask but will ask one by one,

If i use a chiller and i set the temp at cool down to 25 and starts kicking at 27'c, a different of 2'c will have a lot of impact to the creature and coral inside the tank? I mean will a sudden drop of 2'c hurt any of the coral and fishes? Is 25'c acceptable in marine? :huh:

• SRC Member

25degree is great but the only problem is that 2 degrees diff. is too great.

some fishes may not handle the change. even ur corals also will be affected. normally ppl will

program it to kick in when there is 1degree diff.

links:

• SRC Member

How about 1.5'c different? Because i'm thinking of my tank is just 2feet and a 2feet or 2.5feet sump tank, and a lot of pumps and lights use inside the tank, will heat the water pretty fast ( just assuming ).

• SRC Member

most of the reefer I know we keep at 26degree.. some fish I know like angels they use to be at 26degree.. so be safe 26 will do..

During cycling no need to on the chiller.. I dunno abt others reefers but I dont..

juz on ur lighting abt 6hrs for T5 5hrs for MH.. some pple on their lighting for 24hrs during cycling :o During cycling no LS is the the tank but only LR.. after 6weeks of cycling on ur chiller to chill down the temp.. than add LS in tis way will not affect so much..

abt the MH I find tat most of the LFS only have 150w.. is hard to find 75w now.. if yu can get a 75w but the buld nx time yu wan to change oso hard to find.. so be safe get a 150w better ba..

the stoper I talking abt is in circle red.. happy reefing :lol:

post-6-1179378536.jpg

• SRC Member

Something like a ball valve? :huh: Thanks for the photo bro, really appreciate your helps :bow: During cycling no need to on chiller, Aiyai Sir :pirate: But lighting must be on during cycling? Is it necessary? :eyeblur:

:off: Just got my free ticket to Aquarama 2007 :yeah: Hope that i can learn something from there also and get some equipments there :P

• SRC Member

Is T5HO lighting set with 11000k tubes enough for sps??? Need fast reply! :thanks::bow:

• SRC Member
Is T5HO lighting set with 11000k tubes enough for sps??? Need fast reply! 

no..

where yu get the free ticket to Aquarama 2007 I wan too.. :lol:

when cycling ur tank yu have LR in.. on the LR there are algaes.. so tis algae needs lighting to grow.. if the algae start dying off its toxic ur tank..

• SRC Member

:off: The free aquarama ticket is from Tetra Office :D which u need to sms them and wait for their reply (please refer to Kopi-Tiam's sector - free aquarama tix), but i think the ticket is out of stock liao, but still can try :) Good Luck :D

11000K light tube no enough for sps? Then how many k is suitable for sps? If my T5HO are 11000k, can keep lps and softies liao right? :look: