wilfran

Dear Reefer

I've brought 3 shrimp a few day ago....

they seem to be missing , is it possible that

it been eaten by my strawberry grama... the rest of my

fish is tank. Can any one advice.

tks

• SRC Member

:( Sad to say that ur cleaners are most likely to be died.it's becos that cleaner shrimps dun usually hide when compare to other shrimps.

for ppl who have try them, cleaners are very daring and if they have already acclimate to ur tank, they will clean ur hand when u place ur hand in the tank.

fire shrimps, peppermint are more likely to be cave dwellers. cleaners will venture out around the tank.

the only time they will be hiding is during molting and that's during nighttime.

did u acclimate properly ? did the shrimp landed properly when u add them ?

did u do properly dipping procedure ?

they are very sensitive to water parameter and is that anything wrong with ur parameters ?

less likely is that they are eaten.

good luck then. :evil:

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I have a problem as well. i just bought 3 cleaner shrimp today and realise 2 are moving around the live rock and 1 was at the bottom of a live rock and i try to move it but it has no reaction. Iss it dead? Does not seem so cos the colour still fresh. Help please!

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and also to this hobby. I had bought 2 cleaner shrimps in 2 days. However the one that I bought yesterday was missing and could not be found. When I placed it in the tank yesterday, it was hiding under 1 of my rocks and was also seen eating. But today could not find in at the spot or anywhere around the tank. I have a crab inside but dunno wat kind it is, will it eat my shrimp?? Please advise... :cry:

• SRC Member
Hi there,

I am new to the forum and also to this hobby. I had bought 2 cleaner shrimps in 2 days. However the one that I bought yesterday was missing and could not be found. When I placed it in the tank yesterday, it was hiding under 1 of my rocks and was also seen eating. But today could not find in at the spot or anywhere around the tank. I have a crab inside but dunno wat kind it is, will it eat my shrimp?? Please advise... :cry:

It depends what crab and size. why dont you surf the internet to find out. You thought we all gods here?

Hi there,

cleaner shrimps don't usually hide for long period, but if you have a big tank with lots of LR, then its hard to tell. Hope you will find it soon.

It depends what crab and size. why dont you surf the internet to find out. You thought we all gods here?

Well, I am just asking and hope that people who know anything about it can explain. Not expecting people who dunno to reply in a sarcastic manner. As I have said, I am new and need advise. Thus, if u think u cant provide then dun need to clock post just to push any of the newvies off.....

• SRC Member

Well, I am just asking and hope that people who know anything about it can explain. Not expecting people who dunno to reply in a sarcastic manner. As I have said, I am new and need advise. Thus, if u think u cant provide then dun need to clock post just to push any of the newvies off.....

not giving you sarcasm but you should not treat us like gods, as though knowing everything. You should check the forums here as every 2-3 weeks same questions and same answers. You should know that before asking questions, you should do your part to check it first. You can check professional sites for informations as thats the best advise. We know you are newbie but newbie also must search what they want first instead of spoon feed. As a matter of fact, your informations are not enough. what shrimps? See above post, people already said maybe molting but you only one day, starts to call for help. You should find details on your own crab, nobody knows what crab/size you having as we are not gods. If you see properly, not much ppl answers you. Why? same question same answers and worse, didnt check before asking.

• SRC Member
reeftask is a top breed lawyer.  :D  this is why the way he write and language used is different from us mere mortals  :rolleyes: better dun offend him, in case he spank your butt  :yeah:

then mopiko will get all the sale, LOL.

just fedup with ppl who dont check and expect others to check for them.

If they have real questions, we are glad to help. I think others will immediately pop-in too with tremendous advices. Well, at least we are glad to help while others wont at all. We cant blame those didnt advice, because they had given up due to many reasons.

hows your new fish? whats your target next? Did rub mopiko before putting in the tank? I used to rub them with tiger balms, LOL.

• SRC Member

funny part is all eating like pig and swimming around. just tat some white spots appear only during night time.

there's mentioned of using UV light to treat water. how effective is it? read that using UV will kill those good bacteria as well. any ideas?

• SRC Member
funny part is all eating like pig and swimming around. just tat some white spots appear only during night time.

there's mentioned of using UV light to treat water. how effective is it? read that using UV will kill those good bacteria as well. any ideas?

UV will kill everything that is in its path. I dont know how effective it is. Some reefers say non effective while some say good. I personally didnt use it. I use hypo and copper in quarantine tank. I just wont put any Tangs without quarantine up 2 months. Bad history taught me to do so. Becareful when you have UV. After UV killed those things, ammonia will go up slightly but if you have good stable tank, it should be OK.

You should be glad they eat like pigs. This means they will strive. if they dont eat, we all will be stressed. Usually white spots will dissappear and reappear not within a day but weeks. You didnt post a pic. This case needs pic to verify.

• SRC Member

not giving you sarcasm but you should not treat us like gods, as though knowing everything. You should check the forums here as every 2-3 weeks same questions and same answers. You should know that before asking questions, you should do your part to check it first. You can check professional sites for informations as thats the best advise. We know you are newbie but newbie also must search what they want first instead of spoon feed. As a matter of fact, your informations are not enough. what shrimps? See above post, people already said maybe molting but you only one day, starts to call for help. You should find details on your own crab, nobody knows what crab/size you having as we are not gods. If you see properly, not much ppl answers you. Why? same question same answers and worse, didnt check before asking.

You can shut up your mouth if you don't like to answer.

Yeah peace peace. If you do not like the topic or feels that thread starter is trying to piggy back on you then you can just ignore the thread. If they do not get the answer from the experienced reefers, they will LL and find the solutions themselves.

Once again just like Bro RockyBoy said, we are a family of reefers. :P

Wilson

• SRC Member

Thank you for both Tomowilson and Rockyboy. Peace is good for everyone. Just cannot tahan some guys who came in rudely at me while he never advise ppl and also advise wrongly. It seems like another guy who had a bad day and find a person to release his stress on. But I refused to be that guy to be pounded after trying hard to login here every night just to give advices.

Peace guys :thanks:

• SRC Member

You speaking of yourself? Seems you cannot control yourself, why ask someone else to do it?

Its my hand which is writing here. Not like you uses your butt to write and speak.

I use my butt to shit, do you use your mouth to? :lol::lol::lol:

Rudeness? who can be better than you? mei jia jiao

• SRC Member

I use my butt to shit, do you use your mouth to? :lol::lol::lol:

Rudeness? who can be better than you? mei jia jiao

After 2 reefers asked to keep peace, and you were inactive, now come back to an outdated history? Seems you are one who has no family at all to teach you anything. Pity on you. You spelling of "too" is wrong too. No money to go to school? Just sell your butt lor.