red light traffic offence..

bwilly

wah liu.. got a registered letter from TP..

half sian, $200..

Tat day, suppose was late to go dim sum buffet..

kaoz.. can't recall I dash thru red light. Some more

with my parents, I should be veri safe.

anyone wrote letter or not..?

Anyone know the expiry of the demerit points..?

Piero n Spider can testisfy, I only dash thru one red light

the whole time we go for the north outing.. or was it two.. :(

:(:(:(

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bro,

All I can say is pure bad luck...

Just to share with you, I was caught speeding at Mandai Rd two Sundays ago... And I was caught through ROAD BLOCK (aka Malaysia highway style)... Who would have ever thought that Singapore have this type of catching speedster... I thought only through those cameras or Mobile squad that they catch apeeding vehicle... :angry::angry::angry:

hmm.. I find it X, n the deduction of pts.. 12..!

wah liu.. u know when the expiration of the pts..?

I never get caught for anything leh. usually signal,

n dun cut ppl lane. *sigh..

life so unfair.. wahaha.. opps..sob..sob.. :(

no money for any more stuffs tis month like dat..

• SRC Member

Demerit points last for 2 yrs, then it goes back to normal. Dun think writing in will help much (especially if the vehicle license plates were caught on camera :o ), but no harm trying.

Aiyah ... if U get caught breaking the rules in Singapore (any rules), just pay up loh. Take it as a lesson learnt well, which will NEVER be repeated by the "offender" (tho its an EXPENSIVE lesson 2 learn!).

Besides, if U dare 2 do it, dare 2 bear the consequences ... ;)

Peace :peace:

• SRC Member

A few years back, beating the red light camera used to B 6 demerit points, but now its increased to 12 oredi (think its the same 4 speeding rite?).

Most times they dun "entertain" anybody's pleas 4 "innocence" ... ;) but who knows, U might B lucky.

Or it might just make U more fed-up ... try but then get turned down (get yr blood boiling & heart rate faster 4 nothing).

Just my opinion thats all ...

how about speeding? :lol: their photo quality gd or not?

My mum doesnt drive anymore..thinking of using her pts ...if I ever need it.....keke............(joking)

urh beating the red light = 12 points. points will last for two years I think, because your 24 point tenure is valid for two years anyway.

as for speeding, it really depends. anything above 40km/h and you may get a direct revoke by the CJ as you'll definitely need to appear in court.

unless of course you've got a valid reason. like one Toyota Club Singapore member who had to fly through ECP to get home to get her daughter to the hospital. it was during the SARs high key period somemore. so yah. *by the way, the person still kenna points, but much less and a lesser fine to pay. but still kenna.*

unless you've got PROVE that you were rushing because your wife was pregnant/terrorist was chasing you or something. then again, even if you do write a letter in, chances of TP just chucking the letter aside is. very. the. high.

anyways. I'm sorry to hear that you kenna. I remember the last time I almost kenna. but the car infront of me got pulled over instead. and I was trying to overtake it somemore. :P lived with constant fear that I may get a letter in two weeks but I didn't. *phew*

• SRC Member
how about speeding? :lol: their photo quality gd or not?

My mum doesnt drive anymore..thinking of using her pts ...if I ever need it.....keke............(joking)

heard from reliable sources that day time also cannot see if caught on camera, due to the glare from the windscreen ( makes sense actually)

why dont u try first for all of us to find out? :D

• SRC Member
A few years back, beating the red light camera used to B 6 demerit points, but now its increased to 12 oredi (think its the same 4 speeding rite?).

if i remember correctly its

exceed,

<20 4 demerit point $130

>20 <30 6 demerit points $150

>30 <40 8 demerit points $170

>40 <50 12 demerit points $200

>50 <60 18 demerit points Court

>60 24 demerit points (Gantung!) Court

heard from reliable sources that day time also cannot see if caught on camera, due to the glare from the windscreen ( makes sense actually)

why dont u try first for all of us to find out? :D

:blink: You are horrible.....I still probation driver leh....3 more months to go!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

:blink: You are horrible.....I still probation driver leh....3 more months to go!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

haha.. P plate.. I thought your triggerqueen one..

hehe..

do u drive in to JB..?

Traffic over at JB was more terrible. 2lane roads can squeeze out

3 cars, some more sometimes, pop out another 2 bikes, side by side...

wahaha..! Its a good "training" ground to season driving.

I used to be a JB cheongster 6mths back.

Used to go in like every alternate days, eat seafood, buy HL milk..

etc..etc.. till the Jihad n Gulf War, wife dun allow me to go in liao..

I dunno these days within 2mths I always go see (3-4times) doc, given some

painkiller..dunno am I dying or wat.. the last one was last week.

let me chuck out all the receipt of doc. n see how it goes.. :)

ya, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.. eh..

how come its actinic blue..

basket.. on a closer look, looks like MH under 20KK... hmm..

oh, I saw my first tomato that pass away.. n tat poor damsel.. suck..

I miss u all.. my first marine fishes..

ee.. tat's my grandma.. at the tunnel wavin at me.. gosh..

mine.. mine.. I thought I saw Al Capone.. too.. tis is starting feel a really nice

place..

darn. kind of cold too.. n sleepy.. (*wat else when u topless, n with air-con onz, look at the time pls..!)

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

All I can say is pure bad luck...

Just to share with you, I was caught speeding at Mandai Rd two Sundays ago... And I was caught through ROAD BLOCK (aka Malaysia highway style)... Who would have ever thought that Singapore have this type of catching speedster... I thought only through those cameras or Mobile squad that they catch apeeding vehicle... :angry::angry::angry:

Nur what time were you there? cuz normally road block set up only very late at nite rite? and normally only certain places will always have road blocks one. and when there is road block, always got pple jaga some distance behind to catch speeding and drunk pple but mainly to catch pple who see the road block and U-turn and siam.

Nur what time were you there? cuz normally road block set up only very late at nite rite? and normally only certain places will always have road blocks one. and when there is road block, always got pple jaga some distance behind to catch speeding and drunk pple but mainly to catch pple who see the road block and U-turn and siam.

my hse behind got one long stretch of road, me fren used to go

there to test his century sprint.. on his S15.

of course he scout ard.. first..

but tat was clamp down, after repeat bikers cheong there.

I test sat on his car b4.. almost vomit when he do some driftin.. n

in front a big trunk.. last time I ask him "show me the power..!"

• SRC Member

I always follow this logic: speed but only as fast (pref slightly slower) as the fastest car near you. so if got TP he will kena not you. and I"m damn impatient, always cut pple one, I really hate pple who drive damn slowly on the 3rd lane.

bwilly: I think if you write in, you have 2 choices: plead innocence, or plead 2nd chance. I know parking offence can have 2nd chance, but I think red light quite serious offence, not sure if they'll give, but no diff what, might as well try, no harm trying.

I always follow this logic: speed but only as fast (pref slightly slower) as the fastest car near you. so if got TP he will kena not you. and I"m damn impatient, always cut pple one, I really hate pple who drive damn slowly on the 3rd lane.

bwilly: I think if you write in, you have 2 choices: plead innocence, or plead 2nd chance. I know parking offence can have 2nd chance, but I think red light quite serious offence, not sure if they'll give, but no diff what, might as well try, no harm trying.

I have tried on illegal parking successfully.

to says the truth, I was really stopping at the MRT to go pang sai.

I saw polis car there, but then buay tahan, bo bian..

Come out din see anything on my car, oki..

2weeks later receive notice. Of course I write in n argue that

I noted the police car, but it was an emergency case lah.

For now I will have to keep to center lane when I drive down

the TPE.. 3rd lane got to keep 110km/hr not to be a road hog.

eh.. tat's 20km/hr off the limit.

HI Bro,

You won't believe the time... 9.30 am on Sunday morning... Was on my way for tuition.... I have been riding for 16 yrs.... and this is the first time I was caught for speeding... :(

• SRC Member

Nur: my goodness!! wah lau, that's quite suay!! must be the police backside itchy that day nothing to do. let me guess, it was your huge bike you were riding rite?

bwilly: yah man, on expressway, even if you're speeding, always take centre lane, I"ve this feeling that TP have a 3rd lane speeder mindset, only look at 3rd lane.

Nur: my goodness!! wah lau, that's quite suay!! must be the police backside itchy that day nothing to do. let me guess, it was your huge bike you were riding rite?

bwilly: yah man, on expressway, even if you're speeding, always take centre lane, I"ve this feeling that TP have a 3rd lane speeder mindset, only look at 3rd lane.

Definitely... I have been using that road on every SUnday for two years and never had a single road block...

how abt center lane overtaking the 3rd lane..

wahaha.. then that's a story.

• SRC Member

$200 and 12 points... boy that's a lot

I used to speed 140-150 km/h in KL North-South highway. Never got summon.

One day I was travelling at 80km/h and I was summon for speeding. Road limit was 70km/h. RM$100. :(

In June holidays, I travelled to Terrenganu. Spend entire week before returning back to Singapore. Speeding as usual. No speedtrap no summon. :D

The other day, after reading the news about Singaporean cars got stop after Causeway immigration because they never pay their fine. So many of them.

I decided to log on to the Malaysian website to check whether I got any summons.

Surprised! I got 2 summons for speeding in June. Total RM$220. :(

How am I supposed to know if there are summons if they don't notify me. No wonder so many Singaporeans got caught the other day.

Malaysian police have installed more than 50 speed cameras on their highways.

So next time you're speeding... smile. At least you appear photogenic.

how abt center lane overtaking the 3rd lane..

wahaha.. then that's a story.

that is a very common occurance. I swear I go faster than many 3rd lane drivers by driving at the middle lane at 90km/h. bloody road hoggers.

but I also road hog before lah. so its karma I suppose. deliberately slowed down this mitsubishi galant just because he was high beaming me. I admit, I was a real b@$t@rd. so don't flame me.

but yeah apart from that incident, no more. or at least none that I'm aware of. (=