The secret to easy tank maintenance…

• Sponsor

TOP-UP

- TOP –UP, a pre-mixed calculated formula of Calcium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, magnesium and special in-house blend ingredients helps to cultivate the growth of coralline algae and colour up corals.

- TOP-UP uses RO/DI water as a source of replacement for evaporated water and contains no nitrates, phosphate, chlorine and other unwanted impurities and chemicals.

post-55-1185261354.jpg

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• Sponsor

Directions of use

- With ease of maintenance and replenishment, TOP-up can be use as a frequent replacement of evaporated water by manually pouring into filter tank or through an auto top-up device.

- Do not pour directly into main tank with live-stocks.

- The formulated percentage of components in the TOP-UP is to replace evaporated water based on evaporation rate of average 0.8 to1.2 litres per week.

post-55-1185261494.jpg

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• Sponsor

Advantages of TOP- UP

- Ease of use (simply shake and pour into filter tank or use with a auto top-up device)

- Encourage coralline algae growth

- No phosphate, chlorine, nitrate or unwanted impurities and chemicals

- Replace the use of TAP water for replacement of evaporated water

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I believe it is up for retailing... what's the selling price? :thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Directions of use

- With ease of maintenance and replenishment, TOP-up can be use as a frequent replacement of evaporated water by manually pouring into filter tank or through an auto top-up device.

- Do not pour directly into main tank with live-stocks.

Why cannot pour direct into main tank?

Is there a difference between pouring into filter tank first?

• Sponsor

5-Litre bottle $12 per bottle.

Aim of this product is to make adding of additives simple and affordable!

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• Sponsor

Why cannot pour direct into main tank?

Is there a difference between pouring into filter tank first?

Process of mixing TOP-UP

Pre-heated Tap water -->

DI tank (pure distilled water)-->

Mixing Tub (with stirring pump runing 24 hours) -->

Filtered 80% of DI mixed solution above base of Mixing Tub -->

Storage Tub (Ready to be bottled - also running with pump for stirring)

With a total of 48 hours running time for the mixture, we have taken steps to ensure that there is no undissolved residue which might be harmful to direct contact with corals. However as Calcium Hydroxide tends to settle and sinks in still water (due to higher density), we encourage to shake well before pouring. Adding indrectly to main tank through a sump is just an extra precaution (esp if you leave the bottle unuse for a period of time).

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

does it work ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Do I still need to top-up my Kh, Ca, Trace Element? :o

Your 'Top-Up' has the required amount of Kh, Ca and Trace Element in it already right? So I do not need to spend extra for other additives..........

Do I still need to feed my LPS? :D:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sponsor
does it work ?

Have set up a 8 by 3 by 3 feet tank at our farm. best way to see result as we are using 95% dead rocks (we boiled the rocks to cook the crabs!) and only 5% coralline algae rocks. This tank will be based on top up and water changing to maintain it's water parameters.

Of cos... still need to feed the corals

As of this reply , the tank is only one month old and coralline algae will take 2-3 months to fill the big tank (esp when mostly are dead rocks)

Shall wait and see... :look:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Do I still need to top-up my Kh, Ca, Trace Element? :o

Your 'Top-Up' has the required amount of Kh, Ca and Trace Element in it already right? So I do not need to spend extra for other additives..........

Do I still need to feed my LPS? :D:P

Why my question not answered????

:o:o:o

• Sponsor

Very sorry, missed the line. "Of cos... still need to feed the corals" :bow:

Then how about additives? Do I still need to add Ca, Kh, Trace Element? :o

:thanks:

Top Up consist of Calcium, KH, Magnesium, and some trace elements - All these additives are consumables and exhausive in the tank environment. A consistent 'refueling' is required to sustain the coralline algae and corals. We have tested and TOP-UP is sufficient as additives supplements needed for full coralline algae growth.

For specific corals requirements, some corals are more demanding than others (eg SPS) and hence a higher level of adding is required - best to conduct with testing to understand your specific tank needs (every tank requirement is different based on your livestocks)

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

do u need a extra pump in the top up tank to circulate the water?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• 2 months later...

Uhmm maybe ur po4 is super high that's why.Control po4.

girlone.png

Chaniz- There are many factors that retard Coralline algae growth namely Lights of too yellowish nature and Unstable Water Parameters

What Top-UP from iwarna does is that it gives a boost to CA,KH MG,Sr therefore ASSISTING in the growth of coralline It is not a miracle solution or a magical recipe for coralline algae...

I believe now what you need to do is to get some test kits to measure your tank parameters and make sure they are in check only when it is stable will coralline algae grows...

Now onto Lights, You need lights of a blueish nature >10,000K onwards...

Summary of what you need is to Get your water parameters in check as evidently some is off therefore the lack of coralline algae and perhaps Actinic MIGHT HElP

Reef on bro!! : )

Please note i am in no way related to iwarna or have any business interest in it... I am clearifying Chaniz Query