The secret to easy tank maintenance…

Water temp does plays a part in coraline growth too. Too hot a temp (maybe between 29-31 degC will impedes coraline growth.

That's is what I observed in my own tank set up as I've got two tank, one with chiller (coraline growing ok) while the other is without and coraline is almost near zero growth and instead got green algae growing.

One can disagree if they think otherwise :lol:

Water temp does plays a part in coraline growth too. Too hot a temp (maybe between 29-31 degC will impedes coraline growth.

That's is what I observed in my own tank set up as I've got two tank, one with chiller (coraline growing ok) while the other is without and coraline is almost near zero growth and instead got green algae growing.

One can disagree if they think otherwise :lol:

agree with this reefer.

lighting and water quality plays very important role.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Sponsor
Has been using the Top Up water on my 3ft tank for almost 2-3 mths. NO coralline algae and some of my rocks start to turn green..... What happen??? :o:huh:

Hi Chaniz,

Thanks for your feedback on the use of TOP-up. Would like to assist you further with this product and how to use to to maximize the potential and of course to grow the coralline algae in your tank.

Do contact me for a discussion on the usage of TOP-UP for your tank.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have PM you my contact: ;)

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

I never measure Magnesium.

Is Magnesium that important?? :o

Like duh.Phosphate???Nitrate???

girlone.png
To reitirate NICELY what angelfishlover said.....Magnesium ,Po4,no3 is crucial in the upkeep of corals/fishkeeping .. It will be great if you constantly keep a close eye on these parameter

Ya if not no coralline.Sorry about the rude post.

girlone.png
To reitirate NICELY what angelfishlover said.....Magnesium ,Po4,no3 is crucial in the upkeep of corals/fishkeeping .. It will be great if you constantly keep a close eye on these parameter

;)

Agree. Just trying to help here that PO4 is very crucial IMO for limiting Coralline algae growth. Once you have low PO4 and Mg,Ca,Kh at the right level, there isn't any reason why coralline will not grow. :P Hope this helps

<quote from randy's article>

If allowed to rise above natural levels, phosphate can cause two undesirable results. One is inhibition of calcification. That is, it can reduce the rate at which corals and coralline algae can build calcium carbonate skeletons, potentially stunting their growth.

Use po4 remover.It helps.Fiunally go myself po4 remover so i saw coralline spreading.

girlone.png

Because fish are slightly more tolerant of not tip top water condition as long as they are fully acclimitize to it.... I see... I guess you should test no3 & Po4,.... As i suspect these values are high in your tank due to the constant feeding required by tangs and you have 15 of them... gosh!! thats a lot of tangs.....lol

I'm having 30+ fishes (1/2 of them are Tangs) in my 3ft. All in perfect condition (Healthy & Fat). ;)

Just that LPS cannot make it. :o

Maybe as what was told: Mg, Po4, No3. :huh:

But why fishes all OK?? :blink:

OMG!!!!!!! :o:o .30 fishes in a 3ft tank???Now i noe the problem.LPS cannot make it firstly,ur po4 is super high by the look of ur LS.What skimmer you using???State down the equipments you are using plz.Fishes all are tolerant of high nutrients.

girlone.png

Just measure my PO4.

Guess what? ......>2.0!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Getting the Fluidizer with PO4 absorber. Hope it works.

And I can start LPS again.

BTW the Top-Up water can really maintain my KH, PH, CA, MG.....(no such additive require after using "Top-Up") :eyebrow:

Just measure my PO4.

Guess what? ......>2.0!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Getting the Fluidizer with PO4 absorber. Hope it works.

And I can start LPS again.

BTW the Top-Up water can really maintain my KH, PH, CA, MG.....(no such additive require after using "Top-Up") :eyebrow:

Hi Chainz,

30 fishes should be ok but to have half of them tangs, i think you will also need to change water regularly to keep LPS healthy since we do not know your Nitrate level. PO4 is limiting growth but having too much nitrate will stress certain corals that are sensitive. So, do read up which are the LPS you can keep if no regular water change is perform to export Nitrate. Once Nitrate hit certain level, most LPS will be too stress to remain healthy except nuisances one

a quick question, how much should we top up?

meaning, how much per gallon? thinking of making an auto top up device, so that we do not overdose..

• 5 months later...

hi...

may i ask if there is any risk of overdosing this?

im using fan to cool my tank of 35L... thus evaporation was very high... it is fine to top up using this everyday? im topping quite alot to match with my high evaporation... can anyone help me with this question?

thks...

hi...

may i ask if there is any risk of overdosing this?

im using fan to cool my tank of 35L... thus evaporation was very high... it is fine to top up using this everyday? im topping quite alot to match with my high evaporation... can anyone help me with this question?

thks...

You can measure the values with the test kit and check it out with the values you hope to achieve :)

You can measure the values with the test kit and check it out with the values you hope to achieve :)

ic... but i dun have all the test kits for those addictives... would be quite costly if i hav to get the test kits juz to check the parameters... mine is juz a fowlr...

therefore... i jus wan2 know if there is any problem of overdosing... if there is then i probably need to dilute the solution further with distilled water...

It seems to be that Iwarna has given us a very convenient solution. One thing to note top-up is used for maintenance and replenishing chemical levels as it is being used up. If your tank parameters is already messed up, you can't expect Top-up to correct it. Say for example, in my experience I've found that coraline does well if you keep MG levels at 1200-1400, however if your MG is only at 800-900, there's no way top-up will help in anyway to raise it significantly to 1200.

However if you already have a healthy tank with parameters all in check, then top-up will be a convenient solution to keep levels up.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

It seems to be that Iwarna has given us a very convenient solution. One thing to note top-up is used for maintenance and replenishing chemical levels as it is being used up. If your tank parameters is already messed up, you can't expect Top-up to correct it. Say for example, in my experience I've found that coraline does well if you keep MG levels at 1200-1400, however if your MG is only at 800-900, there's no way top-up will help in anyway to raise it significantly to 1200.

However if you already have a healthy tank with parameters all in check, then top-up will be a convenient solution to keep levels up.

i did a test on pH after dosing for abt 3 wks... use up abt 3 L plus... was very shocked... my pH hit the max of 8.8 on my colour chart... r this addictives supposed to lead to surge in pH in event of overdose?