Posted Images

• SRC Member
My tangs diet.

monday-pellet with garlic and seaweed

tuesday-spinach clipped on or red bamboo

Wednesday-frozen mysis cube

Try soaking the seaweed with galic guard, however, if they do not want it,

also cannot force. :)

Btw, the seaweed is those common one in super mkt, no need branded, heheee.

wow, good family discipline. Did you place any menu there so they will know what is the soup of the day?

so thursday to sunday, drink saltwater only?

what type of seaweed in shopping? any pic? is it that black seaweed usually used in slice fish soup in hawker center?

• SRC Member

Nah, I only parade the food around, see which one they choose ! :D

Actually, rest of the day, the cycle juz continue.

I nearly bought those sea weed for fish slice soup one, until I remember that there is

sand bits inside...and also came from a certain place, hehehehe...

The pics are attached. They look ex, but actually quite cheap,bought from the korean shop near simlim square. The shredded one, gd to mix with pellets, while the big one, splat it on the glass. :D

post-8-1191422677.jpg

• SRC Member
i bot same brand seaweed olso leh. but the tangs simply and just ignore the, will soaking the seaweed in garlic help to induce them to eat?

u can chop them up, and add with the garlic guard, and mix with pellets. after some time, decrease the amount of garlic, then, once they can eat unseason, clip one piece try.

If cannot, cook with maggie mee, damn nice. :D

• SRC Member
Nah, I only parade the food around, see which one they choose !  :D

Actually, rest of the day, the cycle juz continue.

I nearly bought those sea weed for fish slice soup one, until I remember that there is

sand bits inside...and also came from a certain place, hehehehe...

The pics are attached. They look ex, but actually quite cheap,bought from the korean shop near simlim square. The shredded one, gd to mix with pellets, while the big one, splat it on the glass.  :D

that means this is the normal snack seaweed? $1 per pkt?

cook with maggi mee and feed the tangs? good idea. afterward they shit maggi mee too. LOL. I noticed I feed my seahorse mysis and they shit mysis. They themselves sometimes almost mistaken thats mysis. I also sometimes mistaken, LOL.

How do you splat it on the glass? It seems that very difficult to maintain the seaweed in position after the tangs disturbed it. I just scare it will float to the filter.

• SRC Member

I use the magnet cleaner, but i find certain brand of seaweed scatter faster, polluting the water, so abit try and error.

Those normal snack seaweed is seasoned and has high salt content, not ideal, look for those with "toast" seaweed or roast.

Somebody should try the purple one? :)

Or kelp ?

• SRC Member

Is this seaweed ex in ntuc or not sold there. how do i know its toast or roast. there is no original with nothing? seems all japanese or koreans and no english

as i know there are lots of seaweed grade. I noticed i dont like alot of brands as smells bad. I only eat few brands. So this means the toast or roast has different taste too?

• SRC Member

How's about starving them a day and then offer only seaweeds to them next day?

PS: Ah-lim, I think feed less of that seaweed u take picture with... Have u take a bite and see whether is it tasty? If no choice than have to wash off the seasoning....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Thanks for all your concerns ... all three Blue Tangs died yesterday . Two of them looked blind to me as their eyes are clouded white in color. I noticed that one of the Yellow Tangs has the same disease.

Any advice on curing this problem.

It cannot be the water as I checked all the Nitrate , Nitrites , Ammonia and PH are at the lowest level. :cry2:

It is really sad to hear that... I shared the same sentiments as u did.. In ur case it is like sadx3... Take care pal... :(

• SRC Member
How's about starving them a day and then offer only seaweeds to them next day?

PS: Ah-lim, I think feed less of that seaweed u take picture with... Have u take a bite and see whether is it tasty? If no choice than have to wash off the seasoning....

yupz, tasteless one. Muz look at the ingredient listing loh. :)

Some ntuc do carry them, dig a bit. :)

Else, liang court basement alot, or those with japanese theme. :)

• SRC Member
all bros here

is it possible to add in more species of tank when there are already 3 species of different tank in my aquarium. currently 1 have yellow, blue and tomini.

cheers

it is ok to add more. at first they will quarrel and bully but after months or yrs, they will appreciate each other's existance.

• SRC Member
itz better to introduce the fishes at the same timing to avoid any casualties.........

thats why we have ER in hospital. LOL.

where is marine ER?

powder blue is very nice but they are very aggressive among tangs.

your yellow tang will definitely bully the new exact shape fish like sailfin tang. but after certain, they will be OK as yellow tang are in the medium aggressive among tangs. but some reefers' powder blue seems to create havoc even 1 year. And some after recognizing that they have no choice to share tank, they become OK with other fishes. I think fishes like human so after carry balls and sweet talk, they become OK. Even my clowns are big bullys, always try to become big boss whenever a new fish is introduced. The clowns dont care if the fish is bigger size and both will bully the new fish together.

• SRC Member
perform ER at home lor hehe.

read that can actually put the new tang inside a seperate container in the main tank. after a while of u see me i see you. they might get along... any comments on this?

I think they will be the same. I ever jailed my clowns for each time few weeks but later the same after released. I had jailed them 3 times and still cant able to see their own mistakes.

ER at home? U have extra blood bank and oxygen? and all the tools? LOL

Hi brutters! I just bought a yellow belly blue tang from Irwana today. Not really sure if it will grow white spots like xmas tree again not... **Hearsay it will be more hardy compared to the norm BT.

I have also went to AquaMarin specially to get the '###### Dr Bassleer's Biofish pellet food to prevent the whitespots. I need experts advice/special instructions pls!!!

Hope I could suceed my BT tis time.

• SRC Member
Hi brutters! I just bought a yellow belly blue tang from Irwana today. Not really sure if it will grow white spots like xmas tree again not... **Hearsay it will be more hardy compared to the norm BT.

I have also went to AquaMarin specially to get the '###### Dr Bassleer's Biofish pellet food to prevent the whitespots. I need experts advice/special instructions pls!!!

Hope I could suceed my BT tis time.

dont tell me that you stay in jurong. had round whole singapore just for one fish, LOL. Same as me. LOL. Nowadays I wont do that anymore. If you didnt round whole island, you should get this experience.

:evil: