Blue Tangs

• SRC Member

Same size as my PBT, both are slightly smaller than my YT.

BT around 4"

YT around 4"

PBT and PT around 3.5"

I think the BT is quite bigger so they are not aiming him. YT is bigger so bully smaller PT which is same shape. PBT maybe knows how to carry so gang up also, LOL.

Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dont tell me that you stay in jurong. had round whole singapore just for one fish, LOL. Same as me. LOL. Nowadays I wont do that anymore. If you didnt round whole island, you should get this experience.

:evil:

No la bro, i stay pasir ris... everytime got tempted by the BTs. Finally walked out of fear and decided to give it another try!!!

**Atempts made to keep BTs: FAILURE : SUCCESS

5 : 0

• SRC Member

No la bro, i stay pasir ris... everytime got tempted by the BTs. Finally walked out of fear and decided to give it another try!!!

**Atempts made to keep BTs: FAILURE : SUCCESS

5 : 0

I remembered when I first try to quarantine, I had lost 40-50 times on YT and 10-20 times on BT, 5-10 times PBT in 3 yrs. My supplier also when he see me, he will straightaway say: "Mr. YT. There is some at the back" Everybody says YT is more easier for newbies but I find BT is easier with all chemicals. Nowadays ta least I dont have to waste so much money/effort after knowing the tricks. I just very kiasu, kiasi always double time on quarantine period.

• SRC Member

went aqua marine at bot a sailfin tang :huh: cannot resist temptation. now inside the tank with my blue, YT and tomini. the blue and tom left the sailfin alone. but the YT been chasing and challenging the sailfin here and there....

hope the saga will end peacefully....

• SRC Member
went aqua marine at bot a sailfin tang :huh: cannot resist temptation. now inside the tank with my blue, YT and tomini. the blue and tom left the sailfin alone. but the YT been chasing and challenging the sailfin here and there....

Hope both of them spawn.

• SRC Member
went aqua marine at bot a sailfin tang  :huh: cannot resist temptation. now inside the tank with my blue, YT and tomini. the blue and tom left the sailfin alone. but the YT been chasing and challenging the sailfin here and there....

Add sand ? i put in rocks though.

Me too. Bought one more there the week before, lol, 2 sailfin from different origin. Me actually got 2 sailfin inside, chasing one another, but peaceful le. Guess its not their nature to be over-aggressive. [finger cross]

Qn for you reeftask,

I had a small quarantine tank, was told not to add sand, imagine the problem I had when i add my warsse. It became stress and reduce to feed due to the absence of sand... haiz...

• SRC Member

the yellow tang was still chasing the sailfin like mad at 1am this morning still i lights off and everyone went to sleep :D

today seems much better though, yellow tang didnt chase as much but on a off will go pester sailfin. so far so good keep finger cross. heard the next 2 weeks will be crucial as in wheather they will get along B)

• SRC Member
the yellow tang was still chasing the sailfin like mad at 1am this morning still i lights off and everyone went to sleep :D

today seems much better though, yellow tang didnt chase as much but on a off will go pester sailfin. so far so good keep finger cross. heard the next 2 weeks will be crucial as in wheather they will get along B)

bring the tv to the tank and switch on the adult video so they can spawn, LOL

• SRC Member

Me too. Bought one more there the week before, lol, 2 sailfin from different origin. Me actually got 2 sailfin inside, chasing one another, but peaceful le. Guess its not their nature to be over-aggressive. [finger cross]

Qn for you reeftask,

I had a small quarantine tank, was told not to add sand, imagine the problem I had when i add my warsse. It became stress and reduce to feed due to the absence of sand... haiz...

It is advised not to place sand in a quarantine tank. You will have too much work to clean up. If you dont clean, when the sand goes up with detritus, ammonia surges. Moreover a small quarantine is very unstable. All fishes will be abit stressed if something is not in natural. They dont feed not because of no sand, may due to lots of reasons. No mate, water condition, still new, food not recognzed, scared of you,.... Is the wrasse added to the tang? Maybe the tang is stressed of this wrasse. Wrasse are aggressive.

• SRC Member

It is advised not to place sand in a quarantine tank. You will have too much work to clean up. If you dont clean, when the sand goes up with detritus, ammonia surges. Moreover a small quarantine is very unstable. All fishes will be abit stressed if something is not in natural. They dont feed not because of no sand, may due to lots of reasons. No mate, water condition, still new, food not recognzed, scared of you,.... Is the wrasse added to the tang? Maybe the tang is stressed of this wrasse. Wrasse are aggressive.

quarantee tank 1 ft. Okay lah, not that small. :P

Not all wrasse aggressive though, though such as coris ,cleaner and carpenter wrasse are quite peaceful. It happen a while back, until when i release the wrasse in my main tank, then its start feeding, tested the quarantine tank water parameter, okay though.

Understand abt the dentrius part, probably juz an isolate case bah, the tangs doing fine. Now quarantine a goby inside, very hungry all the time.

Guess most pple will juz do partial water change to maintence their water condition for the quarantine tank. I added in a skimmer though, and , of course live rocks, 1 piece as I dun think i be using copper. :)

• SRC Member
i read that soaking the food with galic helps not sure how effective it really is. another possibily is tangs are active swimmers, not egnuff space to swim they get stres out olso :(

All livings things trapped in a room will get stressed. After certain time, they will get used to it and in the mind, cursing you, LOL.

Garlics will help antibody against bacteria infection but not 100%. At least it helps abit. Better kiasu.

• SRC Member

quarantee tank 1 ft. Okay lah, not that small. :P

Not all wrasse aggressive though, though such as coris ,cleaner and carpenter wrasse are quite peaceful. It happen a while back, until when i release the wrasse in my main tank, then its start feeding, tested the quarantine tank water parameter, okay though.

Understand abt the dentrius part, probably juz an isolate case bah, the tangs doing fine. Now quarantine a goby inside, very hungry all the time.

Guess most pple will juz do partial water change to maintence their water condition for the quarantine tank. I added in a skimmer though, and , of course live rocks, 1 piece as I dun think i be using copper. :)

1ft X 0.5ft X 0.5ft? LOL. Joking la. Usually that 2ft X 1ft X 1ft tank which has 50litres water is just nice to house 2 tangs and 1 shrimp. No need change water for 2 months eventhough you add copper and others slowly to max. I ever done that with bare tank and no LR, only with a hang-on filter.

• SRC Member

Idea, haha. Thanks for the advice. :)

Finally got my purple tang yesterday. :D

No more tangs ! Full !

Btw, Anyone has any experience with clown tang?

I tried and failed, difficult to get it to feed. [even though that time, he is the biggest inside...]

Hi , how your BT after eating the Dr Bassleer's Biofish pellet food ? does it help ? mine also got some white spot .

Hi, My BT refused to eat at first. I have been adding bit by bit of the Dr Bassleer's Biofish pellet food and was comsumed immediately... Till date, i still hav some white spots coming out... I can only add in slowly/weekly as advised...

Anyway. as long as it continues to eat w/o stress, i believe it will overcome the white spots **Pray hard** :bow:

• SRC Member

Hi, My BT refused to eat at first. I have been adding bit by bit of the Dr Bassleer's Biofish pellet food and was comsumed immediately... Till date, i still hav some white spots coming out... I can only add in slowly/weekly as advised...

Anyway. as long as it continues to eat w/o stress, i believe it will overcome the white spots **Pray hard** :bow:

Fish food dont kill white spot. Only better grade food will keep the fish healthier.