FOC true percula's egg

Javier

• SRC Member

anyone wan to keep the true percula's egg and try to bread them?

the parents are those high grade true percula...

*Note* only giving to reefers tat are responsible meaning those that are knowlegdable to breading....

PIC of the parents and egg...

nemoegg.jpg

Just being curious here, hope you don't mind... :P

If the eggs are separated from their parents, can they hatch? I watched some documentaries and I noticed that the parents would regularly fan the eggs, and do other strange stuff to the eggs. Without the real parents, are "experienced" humans up to the job of breeding them?

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

the fanning is to keep fungus growing on the eggs, a tank with good wave action will help "fan" the eggs too, but i agree with cirrius that giving the fry away after 10 days would be better than giving the eggs. feed them with roti-feast!! :yeah:

but i agree with javier that giving the fry away after 10 days would be better than giving the eggs.

I thought he is just giving the eggs and not the fries? :blink:

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

look closely again.. haha

Look at the pics? I'm not experienced so I can't tell from the pics whether they are just eggs or fries.

I can only "look at the words" as he said "eggs" in post #1, line 1 and 4. :pinch:

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

although i have succeeded once,transporting the eggs to another person hse and making it hatch

but

if u take away e egg from their parents,which other fish can do e job of removing e eggs tht turn white? (even if u achieve getting e wave to fan e eggs which is quite hard..)

how can u ask responsible pple to keep when u dun even cherish e hard work eggs laid by ur nemos????????? u must knw tht e parents nemo would rather eat their own eggs than let other fish eat them.. :cry2::off: .

no offences... :ph34r:

us,Sep 3 2007, 11:23 PM]

Look at the pics? I'm not experienced so I can't tell from the pics whether they are just eggs or fries.

I can only "look at the words" as he said "eggs" in post #1, line 1 and 4. :pinch:

fries can swim liaoz mahz..

eggs is stuck to rock one mahz..

notice e pic.. e mother fish is either in e process of hatchin e eggs

else 1 day after e hatch

look at her belly so big..

e mama nemo is very well conditioned in order to lay eggs

haha actually i dunno how to breed.... anyway eggs reserved... parents and clam will be pass to the reefer and will be taken back when they hatch...

Wow, so it's FOC eggs and clam ah? :shock: Steady lah!

So these are eggs not fries? I'm confused... :blink:

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

btw bro amby

although i have succeeded once,transporting the eggs to another person hse and making it hatch

but

if u take away e egg from their parents,which other fish can do e job of removing e eggs tht turn white? (even if u achieve getting e wave to fan e eggs which is quite hard..)

how can u ask responsible pple to keep when u dun even cherish e hard work eggs laid by ur nemos????????? u must knw tht e parents nemo would rather eat their own eggs than let other fish eat them.. .

no offences...

i pass the parents and clam to that reefer and he also have a seperate tank...

i think this should be fine right?

the clam will be lend to the reefer... but must return lah... its confirm the eggs coz the nemos will fan the eggs once in a while...

Cool. Hopefully the owner can get the eggs hatched, develop them into fries and grow into baby clownfishes (true percs are not nemos :P)... so we can buy! :)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

i pass the parents and clam to that reefer and he also have a seperate tank...

i think this should be fine right?

Just thinking aloud...

On the way home, there wouldn't be any parent true percs fanning the eggs. Would the eggs still be "alive / fresh" when they reach the new tank? :o

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

erm..

i 4get to tell u e parents nemo especially e mama is super aggressive during hatchin eggs

keep ur fingers cross e clam mantle dun contract too much by 7days later..

who is this experience reefer tht u give e eggs to tht i might have chance to knw upon?

i rest assured u ur nemo will want to find another place to hatch again

they like smooth surface to hatch on coral

like hammers n clams and e on e tank glass

as long as e spot in nt in e limelight of e tank n e current suits

normally they will hatch..if continuously conditioned feeding and lighting on same timing

wanted to find more reefer who gt keep rotifers spare

sorrie have disappoint those tht have ask me have rotifers a nt...

:cry:

haaha...

u knw y?

cus usually e 1st 2-3 birth eggs of e nemo is still quite weak..

they also work like human nid tonics for their baby

but more than half e chances of surviver is quite high..

i must admit rotifers is expensive quite to e lack of producer...

luckilly they dun nid to feed on rots for very long b4 changing their diet.. else i go broke also..