My First Marine Tank 24G

scubajazz

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

This has been missing in my tank for almost 1 mth, has only seen it twice n I think his partner a small shrimp is gone.

As I am typing this, I am awaiting to capture my cleaner shrimp to spawn again, it will be its fifth time, just saw it spawn a bit earlier on twice. Hopefiully can capture that moment. ;)

post-7342-1203002922.jpg

• SRC Member
This has been missing in my tank for almost 1 mth, has only seen it twice n I think his partner a small shrimp is gone.

As I am typing this, I am awaiting to capture my cleaner shrimp to spawn again, it will be its fifth time, just saw it spawn a bit earlier on twice. Hopefiully can capture that moment. ;)

Bro scubajazz.. success to capture the cleaner shrimp spawn ? :):peace:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

The cleaner shrimp spawn again, but too bad it was doing under the rock this time, but caught some pic of it

First PIC is the shrimp with all the frys ready to come out

Second PIC shows all the fish camping around near the shrimp waiting for the frys to come out

Third PIC shows them eating those fews that come out first

Fourth PIC shows the final push of frys, those white dots r them n the fish go crazy eating them

post-7342-1204735882.jpg

post-7342-1204735952.jpg

post-7342-1204736030.jpg

post-7342-1204736102.jpg

• SRC Member

Another purchase, same time as the above one, a mandarin, one of my fav and I think this is a male one.

It was quite shy until last week, that Iit start to swim around in the open n flare up quite often n pose for me, took a lot of shots of it

The first pic is the best shot of all

post-7342-1204737684.jpg

post-7342-1204737743.jpg

post-7342-1204738002.jpg

post-7342-1204738106.jpg

post-7342-1204738251.jpg

• SRC Member
bro scubajazz . your pair cleaner shrimp spawn again ? :ooh: Congratulation :peace:

your fishes so lucky can always have the free live babies my-sis shrimps eat.. :D

CHEEERS !!

Yup, n I think in another 2 week the other one will spawn again. It is like every 2 to 3 week one time, 1 after the other one

• SRC Member

hi bro scubajazz, congrats haha.. my dad's cleaner shrimps also always spawn, den become free food.. haha.. i think i'm gonna try letting them spawn in the refugium, mini project, who knows, next time baby cleaner shrimps for sale! :lol:

its a yellow watchman goby.. very nice specimen u got ther, bright blue dots, and nice dragonet.. :)

• SRC Member
hi bro scubajazz, congrats haha.. my dad's cleaner shrimps also always spawn, den become free food.. haha.. i think i'm gonna try letting them spawn in the refugium, mini project, who knows, next time baby cleaner shrimps for sale! :lol:

its a yellow watchman goby.. very nice specimen u got ther, bright blue dots, and nice dragonet.. :)

Thks snowman,if ur project on rearing the cleaner shrimp is successful let me know I wanna try to.

• SRC Member
A new addition which I purchase a week b4 Chinese New Year, very shy fish, suppose to be like a sand goby but it is lazy always hidding comes out once a while.

By the way anyone know what is this species called?

yellow watchman goby

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.