• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

oooo.... :o that feels good... :P

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

• SRC Member
Pic of Lyretail Anthias,

its that a lyretail? it doesnt look like one to me. more like disbar to me

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 2 weeks later...

hi!

nice setup u've got there..

i've also just shifted my 10 gallon nano to a 24G nano cube..

didn't have the luxury of time to cycle the tank properly as my mom was making a big hoo haa for me to get my old nano out of my room.. some fengshui concerns blah..

anyways, just wondering if you found any protein skimmer that can fit into the nano?

been looking around but have yet to find any that can fit into the last compartment..

any suggestions?

:thanks:

• SRC Member
hi!

nice setup u've got there..

i've also just shifted my 10 gallon nano to a 24G nano cube..

didn't have the luxury of time to cycle the tank properly as my mom was making a big hoo haa for me to get my old nano out of my room.. some fengshui concerns blah..

anyways, just wondering if you found any protein skimmer that can fit into the nano?

been looking around but have yet to find any that can fit into the last compartment..

any suggestions?

:thanks:

Thinking of getting the Resun SK-05, check this thread, the pic is there cheap n can try http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65007

• SRC Member
Hi Scubajazz,

May I know what equipment do you have for you tank? I'm new to marine fish tank....

Thanks.

Hi Kenneth,

My tank is a nano cube 24G and I am using the standard pump that comes with it. The additional stuff is the Hydro Koralia wavemaker 1 n will be adding in the Resun SK-05 mini skimmer to it.

Sand Grade is 1

Tropic Marine Salt

Irwana Topup water

Will be revamping the filtering compartment soon, currently is

1st Compartment is the sponge

2nd is the media rings, charcoal n bio balls

3rd compartment is the return pump.

Will be changing to :

1st Compartment, put the media ring n then the charcoal and then the filter sponge ( will discard away the bio balls)

2nd Compartment put in the Resun SK-05 skimmer

3rd Compartment is the return pump.

Hi Guys, any comments on this setup or better suggestions.

Hi ScubaJazz,

I am also new to marine fish. Have the same 25g tank (no extra addition) and is in water cycling stage for 2 weeks now. I need to make a decision on what fish or corals to buy soon. Most of the books I read seem to advise not to buy too much live stock for such a small tank. You seem to be able to put a lot of stuff in your tank. Hope you can share some of your experience.

1) How long do you wait (after a new purchase) before you add additional fish or corals?

2) Do you have any bad experience (mistakes) so far? Hopefully I can learn from your mistake :)

3) I really like your lemon peel (how much you pay for it and where do you buy it?) Did your lemon peel give you any problems like attacking other fish or corels?

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

• SRC Member
Hi ScubaJazz,

I am also new to marine fish. Have the same 25g tank (no extra addition) and is in water cycling stage for 2 weeks now. I need to make a decision on what fish or corals to buy soon. Most of the books I read seem to advise not to buy too much live stock for such a small tank. You seem to be able to put a lot of stuff in your tank. Hope you can share some of your experience.

1) How long do you wait (after a new purchase) before you add additional fish or corals?

2) Do you have any bad experience (mistakes) so far? Hopefully I can learn from your mistake :)

3) I really like your lemon peel (how much you pay for it and where do you buy it?) Did your lemon peel give you any problems like attacking other fish or corels?

My 2 cent worth

Hi Bro

I have the JBJ Nano 24G and a hydro wave maker.

I put in 10KG of live rock for cycling and i add in my 1st live stock a week later, I am in my 2nd month and my fishes and corals looks good

I let one anemone to heaven when a rock fell and hit it when I am doing rescaping.

And my brain and cyrine and elegant and jewell will shrink to skeleton when I dose additive in the sump and the dispersion hit them, but after 5 hours they grew stronger.

I love this 24g easy and nice

Enjoy

• SRC Member
Hi Kenneth,

My tank is a nano cube 24G and I am using the standard pump that comes with it. The additional stuff is the Hydro Koralia wavemaker 1 n will be adding in the Resun SK-05 mini skimmer to it.

Sand Grade is 1

Tropic Marine Salt

Irwana Topup water

Will be revamping the filtering compartment soon, currently is

1st Compartment is the sponge

2nd is the media rings, charcoal n bio balls

3rd compartment is the return pump.

Will be changing to :

1st Compartment, put the media ring n then the charcoal and then the filter sponge ( will discard away the bio balls)

2nd Compartment put in the Resun SK-05 skimmer

3rd Compartment is the return pump.

Hi Guys, any comments on this setup or better suggestions.

Hi bro I like to skimmer too but can it fit in the second compartment?

I have this idea of eleminate the nitrate and we can for go changing water and additive can be replenish by dosing.

I though of running seachem denitrate in a FR with flow of 100LPH and try to eleminate nitrate.

I dont know if it will work, I will mod the FR with 1/4" hose wo advoid mod the Nano cube hood.

I though of changing the stock PL to LED of 240Lumen per LED.

Still toying with these two ideas.

Any bro to help and contribute.

Will be leaving for my overseas trip this month end and will try to star wok and a thread to show the progress when I return in January.

Please advise

thank you

enjoy

Sorry bro for Hijacking your thread.

• SRC Member
Hi ScubaJazz,

I should say you add in fishes and Live Rocks(LR) first.Corals you wait for about two weeks after you add in fishes.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Hi ScubaJazz,

Hi whitefish,

I do it in the following steps for my setup,

1. FIll the tank with my self mix salt water (using Tropic Marine Salt, mix it to 1.024)

2. After 1 week plus I add in the Grade 1 sand n let it run for another week. I also add super bacteria starter in the filter comparment where the bio rings n bio balls are.

3. Add in the life rocks (around 10kg) and add in more super bacteria starter, this time in main compartment and also add in some addictives courtesy from my colleagues.

4. I let it run for 3 weeks (total run in time is close to 2 mths), then I add in the fish, the first fish is the six line wrasse to clear any unwanted pest in the rock n also 2 firegoby

5. After another week, start looking for coral n other fish to add in.

In total I have lost 4 fire goby and 1 purple goby, they just disapper in my tank, must have been food to the crab, though I have managed to catch n kill 3 of them, there is still a red crab n 2 other small hairy one). The six line wrasse also disappear after 1 mth.

For the lemonpeel I got it from Irwana at Pasir Ris, can say cheaper than any other place. It is quite well behave, do not disturb the any coral (so far) n also do not chase the othe fish except when come to feeding time it will dash around and even circle around the food when it doesn't want to eat anymore.

Hope this self style setup info will be of help to u. Will be adding a mini skimmer soon, will update here to see whether is it of any use. Currently doing around 25% water change every 2 weeks.

Good Luck n hv fun

• SRC Member
Hi bro I like to skimmer too but can it fit in the second compartment?

I have this idea of eleminate the nitrate and we can for go changing water and additive can be replenish by dosing.

I though of running seachem denitrate in a FR with flow of 100LPH and try to eleminate nitrate.

I dont know if it will work, I will mod the FR with 1/4" hose wo advoid mod the Nano cube hood.

I though of changing the stock PL to LED of 240Lumen per LED.

Still toying with these two ideas.

Any bro to help and contribute.

Will be leaving for my overseas trip this month end and will try to star wok and a thread to show the progress when I return in January.

Please advise

thank you

enjoy

Sorry bro for Hijacking your thread.

Though really dun understand what u mean, but do feedback after ur experiment. No problem on hijack, it is better this way share info how to make it better.

• SRC Member
Hi ScubaJazz,

Hi White,

Forget to answer ur 2nd question, do not stir the sand too much, I did it once n it kill my beloved mandarin fish. Cleaner shrimp is a must for me, I have seen them work hard n help my lemonpeel n other fish to overcome the itch problem when I introduce a new fish which later develop itch the next day. Lucky for me, I feed them with brine shrimp soaked in garlic guard and omega-one pellets (with garlic) which also help to boost the immune system to fight the itch.

My advice, do a research on the fish n coral u want to add in the tank, what is their behaviour n maintenance level like and compatiablity with others.

For a tank like ours with no chillers, we r limited to coral like mushroom, zoas, star polyp, frogspawn n hammerhead. Others will be a gamble.