My 24G Nano Tank

scubajazz

• SRC Member

Oh yeah, one more thing to add, for those loose joints, you need to use white tape(use for plumbing) and wrap around it like what I did in the pic I have attached to secure it. So just tap it for all joints except the collection cup parts.

Cheers

Hi Scubajazz,

Is your skimmer working?

I just bought one fr AM but it seem faulty...

The parts are loosely joint. When I switch it on, there

isn't any tornado like those pics in HUSKYPOWER95 or TUNICATE.....

Water just oozing out from the top of the skimmer cover....

Another thing...how deep the skimmer can submerge in the water?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My LemonPeel, very healthy & active in the tank, feeding on pellets & brine shrimp

what kinda brine shrimp u get huh? those frozen ones or those you can buy one pack $2.50 from the 328? they also sell brine shrimp eggs for $8 one small film/negative size bottle... hell loadsa eggs lor...

• SRC Member

I use the frozen one in cube form, 1 pack is $2 can last a long while cause I try to make my fish feed on pellets.

Just try some live brine shrimp(sea monkey I think) my lemon peel dun like it, it just bite and spit it out.

what kinda brine shrimp u get huh? those frozen ones or those you can buy one pack $2.50 from the 328? they also sell brine shrimp eggs for $8 one small film/negative size bottle... hell loadsa eggs lor...

[/quote

hey scubajazz... cube one ok ok... thanx bro... i thot fresh they mite b more interested... yes... juz realize they are sea monkey - stupidly bot sea monkey for frd as xmas present... should hav gotten that bottle instead... :pinch:

I use the frozen one in cube form, 1 pack is $2 can last a long while cause I try to make my fish feed on pellets.

Just try some live brine shrimp(sea monkey I think) my lemon peel dun like it, it just bite and spit it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Update on the skimmer with some shots I taken

The skimmer is place in the 2nd compartment, I need to empty the collection every 2 day sometimes 1 day. The end result usually is Chinese Tea (Xiang Pian Color which is light brown) n sometimes like lipton Tea (darker brown),

post-7342-1201714679.jpg

post-7342-1201714700.jpg

post-7342-1201714717.jpg

Seen it b4 but not suitable for my JBJ nano tank.

hi scubajazz, i went to buy the nano skimmer today. jus to check with u, where did u buy the white tape that you used to secure the joints? And i cant figure out how to put it into the middle compartment. Did u remove the L shape connector for water outlet?

• SRC Member
hi scubajazz, i went to buy the nano skimmer today. jus to check with u, where did u buy the white tape that you used to secure the joints? And i cant figure out how to put it into the middle compartment. Did u remove the L shape connector for water outlet?

Hi Magical,

The white tape can be purchased from any hardware store or those neighbourhood shop selling cheap household items. It is those meant for plumbing use, very easy to get one.

From the Pic which I attached again, the rounded part on the right which is not connected, dun use it, then the L-shape connector turn it to almost point back and it will shorten the width which will enable the skimmer to be place in the 2nd compartment nicely. Take note the L-shape connector for the water to come out, u will need to have a small sponge covering it so as to minimise micro air bubble.

This is some info on how I place mine :-

I clear the stuff in my second compartment, only the skimmer is there. I put the bio ring first then the charcoal, then the black sponge (come with the nano) and then 2 layer of filter wool in the first compartment. Between the 2nd compartment and the 3rd compartment, there is a gap where the water flow to the 3rd I insert a small piece of filter wool there and throw another piece of filter wool in the 3rd compartment (this is minmise the micro air bubble flowing back to the main tank) Initially u will still see lot of micro air bubble but after running it for a few hours it will disappear (for my case)

Point to note, play with skimmer in the main tank first, so that u can adjust the level it need to place in the tank to see it skimming, remember the position n then place it in the compartment and adjust it to the level for it to work, cause putting it in the compartment is a bit tricky as it fits just nicely.

Hope it can help you

post-7342-1201830874.jpg

Thanx a lot for helping out Scubajazz! Will try it out once i have the time. Btw, i measured the width of the 2nd compartment, its abt 6 inch.

So do u use the original pump that comes with it? And u placed it exactly where it shd be w/o any alterations is it?

And when u say point blank, i presume u turn the part with the sponge to face the front of the tank or back of the tank is it?

So sorry if i a bit blur... Will surely appreciate your help tons when i manage to get this to work. Can treat u Kopi also... :)

• SRC Member
Thanx a lot for helping out Scubajazz! Will try it out once i have the time. Btw, i measured the width of the 2nd compartment, its abt 6 inch.

So do u use the original pump that comes with it? And u placed it exactly where it shd be w/o any alterations is it?

And when u say point blank, i presume u turn the part with the sponge to face the front of the tank or back of the tank is it?

So sorry if i a bit blur... Will surely appreciate your help tons when i manage to get this to work. Can treat u Kopi also... :)

Yeap I use back the original pump w/o any alterations for that part.

When I mentioned to turn the L-shape "point back" means from the PIC, u turn the thing almost 180 degrees to shorten the length, by doing so the outlet part will be almost pointing the main tube of the skimmer.

Hope this explanation can help. Cheers

Yeap I use back the original pump w/o any alterations for that part.

When I mentioned to turn the L-shape "point back" means from the PIC, u turn the thing almost 180 degrees to shorten the length, by doing so the outlet part will be almost pointing the main tube of the skimmer.

Hope this explanation can help. Cheers

oh ok, thanx for the effort scubajazz...

btw, is this skimmer very sensitive to water levels so far? As in, if u forgot to top up water for a day, will it fail to skim well?

• SRC Member
oh ok, thanx for the effort scubajazz...

btw, is this skimmer very sensitive to water levels so far? As in, if u forgot to top up water for a day, will it fail to skim well?

Yes is sensitive to water level but so far have not encounter it not skimming well. I top up water every 2 to 3 days

• 2 months later...
Anyone got any suggestion what corals I can put in to beautify my tank, I do not have a chiller, currently temperature is around 28 degrees n when when light is on, is around 29 to 30 degrees.

Anyone tried this Sapphire Nanoskimmer NC12 or NC24 b4, it is said to be suitable for nanocube tank in their compartment. Looking for one to put in my 24G tank, or any other better choice.

For Livestock, what fish to add, can add 1 flame angel, also thinking of a Purple Tang (red sea one), thinking of a clown fish too or those blue color damsel with the yellow tail.

Sorry ask so much at 1 go.

Maybe for corals you can add bubble coral they're easy to care for... They dun really require much but still water quality must be kept at the most pristine level. And for the skimmer i have not much idea about those skimmers you mentioned as i dun use skimmers although most aquarist consider that as the most important tool. But i currently use the Modular skimmer under the brand of Nano too. It removes surface scums as i can see you use it too. For livestock fish under my opinion you can keep 1or2 tangs. Recommended to be like small tangs but its such a shame that i didn't follow the rules of reef keeping i keep a whopping Vlamingi but fortunately its a juvenile and a medium sized blue tang. This is usually not advisable but greed clouded my mind hehe.. So you might just want to add a purple tang.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Nice tank.

I like yr red zoo and hammer.

How's yr hammer coping w/o chiller?

I'm interested to put brain / hammer, dun know whether they can tahan w/o chiller. <_<

The red zoo, mushroom n yuma is doing fine. The hammer was in pristine condition n has branch to 7 head from head but it sadly dies off 1 mth ago due to my neglience cause I did not hv time to take care of it, like my forthnighly water change cause I hv a newborn to take care of.