Trade Carpet Anemone

cci[RR]us

Hi,

I have a greenish carpet anemone with the size slightly larger than an expanded adult palm, to exchange for hairy mushrooms or leather corals. My clowns are already fooling in some of my hairy mushrooms so I guess I could get more of them or get some leather corals, and swap out the anemone for a breath of fresh air.

Interesting parties please reply here, thanks!

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

I received some replies about buying my carpet anemone. Right now I'm in a dilemma. I see my clowns enjoying the anemone and I'm not sure if that is a good idea...

post-15-1194613548.jpg

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

Another pic.

Just a word of caution, this carpet is "fierce". It sucked my hand a couple of times when I arrange my LRs. Best part, it left tiny dots on my hands after that... :(

Whoever is interested pls be reminded that you need good lighting and water conditions, although I couldn't give it what it needs. :erm:

Ok, if you guys are keen to buy from me, please state your offer here. I'm more inclined to sell / trade my anemone to a good owner than one who can offer a high price but has a bad tank.

Share the URLs of your tank threads would be a good idea. I really really wanna give it a good home. :angel:

post-15-1194613913.jpg

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

wow! another sincere reefer!

bro, better give it up. I had given one to a friend few yrs ago. A shock to us that after a few days, this anemone stung his yellow tang and tried to suck in although the yellow tang is too big for its mouth. It stayed at the mouth for several hrs trying to suck up the tang. We tried to pull it out but the anemone has such powerful suction. After trying by force, the yellow tang was out but still cant survive after that sting. The next day he immediately got rid of it. Only clownfish is professional to handle toxic corals. your clowns are first fooling the mushroom and not this anemone because they are still acclimating to it. Clowns need few days to have those anemone slime to coat at their body before they can proceed hosting it. Clownfish likes the most fearsome host to protect themself.

I see a majano anemone which is a pest beside your carpet. Get rid of it.

Yeah, I can't have other fishes in my tiny 2 feet tank with this anemone around. :(

Oh, that's a majano anemone? Freak man... I'm gonna kill it! Thanks for the advice!

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

Hi,

my advise when killing the majano is,to take care of the Carpet when killing the pest anemone.. coz if u were to use the Joe's juice to kill the pest, do be careful with the residue of the juice.. make sure it dun come into contact with the carpet or u might lose both of them...

was looking for a more intense green carpet to put at the opposite corner of my tank, to prevent fighting between my purple carpet and the new entrant.. nevertheless, it is a healthy piece..

thanks Izzat.. yes.. this is a short tenacle type.. but not the coloration that me looking for...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

getting rid of majano need no juice. Just dig out and throw. Just make sure all the leftovers by the majano are cleaned.

Bro, if you really want a nice host for your clowns, try anemone but they will stroll around as though the tank is a garden. You can use torch, bubble,..... to be the host too.

The LRs that are infested with the majano do not have corals or any good stuff. I just removed these LRs, put them in a pail, and inject hot vinegar with a syringe. I put them back after washing them thoroughly.

I feel kinda guilty for killing the majano though... :(

I'm still looking for good owners who can give the best care for my carpet anemone. Anymore interested parties?

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

Dont feel guilty. These majano should feel guilty themselves, LOL.

7 yrs ago I killed a bunch. The LFS still told me he sells them. But since I take the LR in big quanttity, he dont mind. I just peel them off the LR, no regrowth like aipstasia.

Any more marine aquarist keen to trade / buy my carpet anemone?

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

wow! another sincere reefer!

bro, better give it up. I had given one to a friend few yrs ago. A shock to us that after a few days, this anemone stung his yellow tang and tried to suck in although the yellow tang is too big for its mouth. It stayed at the mouth for several hrs trying to suck up the tang. We tried to pull it out but the anemone has such powerful suction. After trying by force, the yellow tang was out but still cant survive after that sting. The next day he immediately got rid of it. Only clownfish is professional to handle toxic corals. your clowns are first fooling the mushroom and not this anemone because they are still acclimating to it. Clowns need few days to have those anemone slime to coat at their body before they can proceed hosting it. Clownfish likes the most fearsome host to protect themself.

I see a majano anemone which is a pest beside your carpet. Get rid of it.

FYI anemones are not corals, they belong to same family as the jellyfish ;)

Heh, yep! And (hairy) mushrooms are also not corals too. That's why I have quite (an outbreak) of mushrooms in my tank. You don't see that happening if those are corals. :P

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member

You got me, LOL.

Just a joke with you, mean no harm, bro. :eyeblur:

I dont really care if its not coral la. As long as description that can be understand and message delivered is considered Job Done. I am not writing an essay for examination.

PPL always say colgate but it is a brand of tooth paste. Same as Listerine, discman,... so who cares about it. Everyone had done this even a small kid.

Lets say we tell our friends that we buy a coral but ended up mushrooms, anemone,... will your friend say,"Hey! why didnt you buy any corals?" If yes, and keep doing this, all the friends will say "BS guy" LOL.

This site described it is coral anemone. Maybe you go ahead tell him off? LOL

http://www.subaqua.ch/phi253e.htm

• SRC Member

BTW the "toxic corals" doesnt means anemone. It also means torch, elegance,..... Dont tell me that clowns dont host these corals or they are not corals?

You win first so I give you some task to do?

OK, I win now. Give me all your anthias, LOL.

Thats why its FYI ;)

Toxic corals? corals with nemotocyst are more toxic(i believe its stinging LOL) or palytoa with toxin thats strong enough to kill a person if take in large quantity?

Actually all corals have their own biological weapons to deal with their environment even for the simple looking leather coral ;)

• SRC Member

Bubble coral is far more toxic than hammers.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Thats why its FYI ;)

Toxic corals? corals with nemotocyst are more toxic(i believe its stinging LOL) or palytoa with toxin thats strong enough to kill a person if take in large quantity?

Actually all corals have their own biological weapons to deal with their environment even for the simple looking leather coral ;)

so that means I have no anthias for free. :(