T5 ATI lighting

Killerwhale

• SRC Member

Hi,

Recently, I bought 2 sets of ATI T5 lighting from Edmund. I can honestly tell you. The amount of intensity and brightness given out by this lights is super. I think if your tank is not that deep, say 30 inches in height, T5 will definitely serve the purposes in keeping most coral..even clam too. Not forgetting the power consumption by this T5 is much more efficient than MH. I think for long term, T5 should be the choice unless $$$ is not a concern at all.

I bought the T5 twin fix and the dimmable set from him. Service provided is excellence and honest too.

I'm putting good words here is not because I got the share of it. Just that, i felt that if the product deserve to be appraise. I will not hesitate to comments.

Cheers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hi,

Recently, I bought 2 sets of ATI T5 lighting from Edmund. I can honestly tell you. The amount of intensity and brightness given out by this lights is super. I think if your tank is not that deep, say 30 inches in height, T5 will definitely serve the purposes in keeping most coral..even clam too. Not forgetting the power consumption by this T5 is much more efficient than MH. I think for long term, T5 should be the choice unless $$$ is not a concern at all.

I bought the T5 twin fix and the dimmable set from him. Service provided is excellence and honest too.

I'm putting good words here is not because I got the share of it. Just that, i felt that if the product deserve to be appraise. I will not hesitate to comments.

Cheers

Can share some pics? :thanks:

• SRC Member

tes some pics pls so taht i can cpmpare it with mine, i am using T5 but isthe one that bought from AQUARAMA. the comment is not very good, so like to see how far is the different between the 2 sets, Btw, how much you pay for your T5?

:thanks:

i agree that the ati t5s are very good....my clams are enjoying the sun pro hitting on their mantles...

but main tank lighting using t5s and mhs are different issues, the pure look of the light rays from the mhs are something the t5 cant match, coz the sun is a point source of light, not a tube of light..hehe

but other than natural aspects, t5 is the modern way to go....move aside FLs and PLs....its time for T5 to pick a fight with MHs :D

• SRC Member
tes some pics pls so taht i can cpmpare it with mine, i am using T5 but isthe one that bought from AQUARAMA. the comment is not very good, so like to see how far is the different between the 2 sets, Btw, how much you pay for your T5?

The T5 from Aquarama is only true in its diameter, 5/8 inch, the wattage is nowhere comparable to the ATI T5, I am refering to the Niche T5 that is on sale at ADEC counter.

Niche T5 wattage

2ft - 20W

3ft - 30W

4ft - 40W

ATI T5 wattage

2ft - 24W

3ft - 39W

4ft - 54W

now you know why the performance of the Niche T5 set can never compare to ATI, the casing is nice though..

• SRC Member

The T5 from Aquarama is only true in its diameter, 5/8 inch, the wattage is nowhere comparable to the ATI T5, I am refering to the Niche T5 that is on sale at ADEC counter.

Niche T5 wattage

2ft - 20W

3ft - 30W

4ft - 40W

ATI T5 wattage

2ft - 24W

3ft - 39W

4ft - 54W

now you know why the performance of the Niche T5 set can never compare to ATI, the casing is nice though..

ATI is HO T5 (High Output T5) the other is just a normal T5... :)

• SRC Member

ATI is HO T5 (High Output T5) the other is just a normal T5... :)

So can i replace the tube to ATI T5 tube, or i need to change anything to fit it. Btw, what the cost of the ATI T5 3FT tube, can share? though of changing to MH, but the price is rather bit high for me, since T5 serve so well, might well give it a try, as long the price is affordable.

• SRC Member

So can i replace the tube to ATI T5 tube, or i need to change anything to fit it. Btw, what the cost of the ATI T5 3FT tube, can share? though of changing to MH, but the price is rather bit high for me, since T5 serve so well, might well give it a try, as long the price is affordable.

the diff lies in their ballast....

if u oredi got those normal T5 lights... u can use the existing light hood, but i think u would hav to change the ballast, as far as i noe, the best ballast is the osram quicktronic... shld cost ard 60~70 for 3ft... u can get them at a shop i think sinter at sim lim tower... :)

ATI T5 retrofits come with this special reflector and i heard that T5 should have m-shaped reflectors. Is it ok if I use normal reflectors instead? :erm:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif