My Nano tank...Pls give your comment

B3nny

hiiii.........all...introducing my tank

Size is 75cm x 30cm x 35cm (all glasses)

DSC00131.jpg

I use Bio active live aragonite sand from Nature ocean

DSC00128.jpg

I use sander's hang on skimmer

DSC00151.jpg

Lightings T5 2x24watts HO from Solite lamp

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

I dont have sump. Just canister filter EHEIM 2217. In canister i use rowaphos, and rowa carbon

DSC00141.jpg

And hydor corallia 1 for wave maker

DSC00143.jpg

• SRC Member

hiz! welcome to src! :lol:

very nice rock scaping.

but i, however, seriously think u should consider using a sump rather than just a 2217. do a upgrade on ur skimmer will be good as well. i see nitrate as a problem in the later stage.

add more lighting instead. i prefer 4x 24W for ur configuration.

chiller? no? add one if u don't run 1.

with insufficient of lightings and relatively higher temperature range will eventually wasting off ur nice corals.

add 1 or 2 more wave makers too!

happy reefing! :rolleyes:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

hiz! welcome to src! :lol:

very nice rock scaping.

but i, however, seriously think u should consider using a sump rather than just a 2217. do a upgrade on ur skimmer will be good as well. i see nitrate as a problem in the later stage.

add more lighting instead. i prefer 4x 24W for ur configuration.

chiller? no? add one if u don't run 1.

with insufficient of lightings and relatively higher temperature range will eventually wasting off ur nice corals.

add 1 or 2 more wave makers too!

happy reefing! :rolleyes:

Hi Law....THX for your comment

I dont use chiller because the tank is in my bed room, soo...i think the air conditioner is enough to stable the temperature in 25 to 27 degree.

I have 1 fixture again, but the space can't to put it. hahaha......... :lol:

1 more wave maker is good idea, i just want to install that, maybe hydor korallia 1 too.

• SRC Member

Hi Law....THX for your comment

I dont use chiller because the tank is in my bed room, soo...i think the air conditioner is enough to stable the temperature in 25 to 27 degree.

I have 1 fixture again, but the space can't to put it. hahaha......... :lol:

1 more wave maker is good idea, i just want to install that, maybe hydor korallia 1 too.

for the lightings, u can search for quad set. this will allow u to have some space to play with.

add one more wavemaker will be cool. why don't consider koralia nano instead? they can save u some space as well. you might want to consider the afforadable ocean pulse alternating wave features with acclera pumps as well.

my starting tank is a 2 feet too, all i can say is, you will really want to upgrade as days go by and honestly, 2 feet got not much room to play with.

either way, happy reefing! :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

wah after water clear u started adding in corals thats very very fast.. now ur no3 is very high too.

hi Xersion...

I think thats no problem, because Lps not too sensitive like Sps :D

The real is i didn't strong enough keep my self to buying coral. hahahaha....

Some new fish is just adding too..

1 pair black and white ocelaris

1 yellow tang

1 blue tang (dori)

1 mandarin dragonet

1 yellow gobies

1 geometric hawkfish

1 dragon pipe face

1 ghost pipe fish

All of fish is small size (about 1-2 inch) excepy yellow and dragon pipe. yellow is 2.5 inch and pipe fish is 8cm long. Is it bioload??

• SRC Member

Not bad for beginners keep it up.Like ur frogspawn though.Care to upgrade ur skimmer???I guess urs will be softy and LPS onli tank rite???

girlone.png

Nice set-up, thanks for sharing. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Some new fish is just adding too..

1 pair black and white ocelaris

1 yellow tang

1 blue tang (dori)

1 mandarin dragonet

1 yellow gobies

1 geometric hawkfish

1 dragon pipe face

1 ghost pipe fish

All of fish is small size (about 1-2 inch) excepy yellow and dragon pipe. yellow is 2.5 inch and pipe fish is 8cm long. Is it bioload??

your tank is very new, its rather a mistake to buy a dragonet. they are hard to get to feed on prepared food other than live ones. they eat mostly pods and pods population in ur tank is not as high yet. and even if you can frequently provide it with live brine shrimp, it will still be problem as BS is not as nutritious even for vitamined. in the long run, it will surely get skinnier and skinnier and then waste off. other than that, live food also means more bound to infections too so be cautious about it.

and pipe fish is not suitable for reef tank, but i can be wrong.

did u add all the fish together in without qt? bioload will shoot up, ur system volume is small so becareful with it. add some biobacter to aid flitrations.

and lastly, be patience on the adding fish. as ick can be a problem wiping out some of the fish when add too much fish as one go. but i hope that only happen to me! :(

take note on ur NO3, it can harm ur beautiful and expensive corals too!

my advise for u is, do more water changes.

and im very looking forwary to ur new FTS with swimmers!

cheers mate!

:peace:

• SRC Member

Yup it's slime algae.

girlone.png