A question to ponder

Achilles Tang

What am I talking about? You of course, the investor! ;)

Think twice before putting your (time &) money into something se x-up & attractive like 'fast returns' timeshare companies versus slow but bonafide returns from banks or financial houses.

I can't understand the concept of new companies announcing its worldwide affiliations with other established companies when one can't even judge its linkages or the value in it. It's understandable when a bank advertises itself being recognized worldwide - when everyone has already been doing business with it for years!

What price Genuinity regarding Management when it is continunally being caughtout on fraudulent underhanded behaviour and scandals after scandals throughtout its short history? Blatant shamelessness in re-telling its lies until its convinced in its truth?

I'm talking about people who cause the downfall of companies like Enron, AIB, Barings, CAO... or am I not? B)

Anyway, back to 'timeshare' companies... I've been bitten once, wasted a few hours of my life but now I walk away with some valuable insight.

Giving away prizes does not make it an attractive prospect! :sick:

Don't get caught up on its own hyped-up euphoria on how fantastic its products are or high its share prices are when its worth nothing less than its paper value. Absolutely disgraceful on the local trading scene to put up a big notice saying otherwise when everyone knows better.

It's akin to some managers taking a look inside a competitor's premises and dismissing the twice full number of GENUINE customers seen inside and extolling the half-number seen in its own lobby. :rolleyes: Do they think that people don't have eyes to see for themselves?

Take a cue from many ex-investors in the know who after having learnt its true nature have already dropped their interests, after its initial hype & failure in promising to deliver on in its sales pitch? I guess such people aim to go after the new customers of other established companies (a strategy not unfamiliar to their startup phases - absolutely proven!).

Too many corporate disrepute these days... what is this world coming too? Sigh! I guess competition can be ugly... absolutely!

Anyway... don't worry, I've not been taken in or cheated. I'm just venting of course... I'm quite free these days to speculate on things that absolutely amuse me. :P

Nowadays there are so many time-sharing, MLM and Investment companies that promises excellent resort package,good health products and good investment returns, which our people are making them even richer!!

Let me share my thoughts:

Time Sharing Company - If they are so good, why big tour agency aren't buyin their packages and in turn rent it to their customers!!!!

MLM - Selling vitamins, health products.. If they are so good,why aren't big pharmacies and hospitals selling their products!! Looks like doctors going to lose their job soon..

Investment Companies - If their returns is so good, why aren't banks investing in them.. and why aren't they approaching the bank.. Instead getting all those naive people to invest in them!!!

Think about it....Just my thoughts...

Went to one before, claimed that you will received a wonderful gift after the talk with or without purchase. In the end, its a cheap watch that's provided by some other company. Worst is that during the talk, they will use all ways (even hard handed tactics) to get you committed to them. Anyway, they are just not my cup of tea :sick:.

• SRC Member

wait, im damn curious now. its kinda serious when one insinuates these kind of stuff.

can anyone list down, in absolute terms, what have been hinted or implied so far?

1. members list abused (i got this from another thread)

2. likely origin of p0rn spam (mmm...mmm....)

3. what else?

wait, im damn curious now. its kinda serious when one insinuates these kind of stuff.

can anyone list down, in absolute terms, what have been hinted or implied so far?

3. what else?

Hi tayhonglee, if your question is directed at me, please note that I have left in the care of some samaritans. As to my earlier post before yours, I just stated my experience with a certain MLM company, not implying anything. So please cut me some slag, am i not entitle to share in this forum? If so, I shall not log in next time.

Hi tayhonglee, if your question is directed at me, please note that I have left in the care of some samaritans. As to my earlier post before yours, I just stated my experience with a certain MLM company, not implying anything. So please cut me some slag, am i not entitle to share in this forum? If so, I shall not log in next time.

aiya, he was referring to something else lah. chill bro. :peace:

• SRC Member

woah sis, im not teasing you or anything. actually, my post has absolutely teeheehee nothing to do with what you posted (although i do agree that mlms and time shares deserve to have their collective nuts set on fire). im just saying that AT has given a lot of titillating stuff lately, and i just want to list them down.

anyway, back to the topic.

3. clones of members that create dissent and unhappiness (think golfau and his buddies) --->i just thought of this as i was typing, is i smart or are i smarts :whistle

• 2 weeks later...