keeping sandbed clean

• SRC Member

I agree with Bro zipp86. Didn't know about this issue until I read it from an article, that sand sifting stars actually consumes the micro-organisms that reside in the sandbed. I have attached the link, do take a look. :pinch: Moreover, after a few months, you will start to observe that the sand sifting star is getting skinnier, as if it is starving. (This happens to the sand sifting stars in my tank). IMHO, better to leave them in the sea where they can find plenty of micro-organisms in the sea bed.

Sand Sifting Stars

• SRC Member

i used to have 2 sandshifter star. one was attacked by my blue legged hermit so died after sometime. the other one is still doing fine crawling around. it has been with me for almost 6 months now. dont know whether my sand is "dead" but all my livestocks are doing fine at least for now. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hi do we need to feed the black sea cucumber with liquid food? i got a tank with no fish and LR for the moment,only sand. Can i start putting one in the tank ?

thanks.

Do not get cucumber, once dead, it will release toxic that will wipe out the entire livestocks of your tank. A time bomb waiting to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

How does it look like, think of getting one, mine is quite dirty. I bought a yellow diamond goby which is not doing anything. Mine is like this one

I have 1 orange diamond goby and its eating the sand and cleaning it like a vacuum cleaner and its very interesting to see it scooping up a mouth full of sand and spitting clean sand out of its gills

Superb fish

post-7342-1206192355.jpg