My bubble not blooming

souphamster

mine too.. hahaa, juz bought yesterday.. works well for the day. but in d morning, its under the rock and shrink. muz i throw it away bfore it toxicated my tank?

Dun throw!!!!!!!!Is the location a high flow???Is ur tank new???If ur tank is new,i think that is the major factor.It should be blooming minutes after u intro and the day after.Water parameters from both of u plz.

Sorry to say this but your bubble is dying sooner or later. Check all parameters like sg,kh, calcium Ph etc. But too late cos even if you got the parameters to the acceptable level, your bubble will be to weak to survive. I hope lesson learnt. You need too fully cycle your tank. Its okay for beginners at this stage but it will be good to learn and realise the mistakes early.

Happy reefing :whistle

Sorry to say this but your bubble is dying sooner or later. Check all parameters like sg,kh, calcium Ph etc. But too late cos even if you got the parameters to the acceptable level, your bubble will be to weak to survive. I hope lesson learnt. You need too fully cycle your tank. Its okay for beginners at this stage but it will be good to learn and realise the mistakes early.

That's what happen to three of my old bubbles.They shrink and die. :( Thk goodness the brown one i got bloom very big and it bacame my clownfish host.

i suggest not to jump into a conclusion that fast. why not get souphamster to post a Full Tank Shot plus a close up of the bubble. Since there is no water parameters given, nothing is certain yet, it could be the position that is the problem, it could be due to high flow..alot of factors can contribute to why the bubble is not blooming.

hahaha..u guys got me.. boo hoo hoo.. i kena mark liao, bt guess wat? i got myself another tank when u guys advice me on it. i go get salt water from LCK personally, n filter for 1 week without adding lifestock. only LR. woah, i learnt a lot from u guys. but too bad for my bubble. boohoo. mayb fully cycle like u guys said. btw, lesson learnt. :D

i thought we are talking about the threadstarter, souphamster?... :eyeblur:

hi guys, sorry for delay.

My tank is about 9mths old.. already cycled long ago. The nitrate/ammonia etc are all 0. I have nt test the sg,kh, calcium Ph etc yet. Must i die die to buy these kits..very very ex.

What puzzle me is all my other corals are okie.. all blooming big and good.. only this bubble coral.. placement of the coral is low on the sand bed. water flow is not strong. Should i wait and see or buy all the test kits? *pocket burn*

PH,KH,Calcium testing is a must. Last time I had the same idea as you. The rest of the corals are healthy so I didn't bother testing my parameters. Then slowly all my corals open smaller and smaller each day. The rest is history. Then I read through these forum and the US www.reefkeeping.com. Every expert says that we must test the water every week especially Ph,Kh and Calcium. If you wanna save money, just buy one API Kh test for now. I'm sure your Kh is the problem.

hi guys, sorry for delay.

My tank is about 9mths old.. already cycled long ago. The nitrate/ammonia etc are all 0. I have nt test the sg,kh, calcium Ph etc yet. Must i die die to buy these kits..very very ex.

What puzzle me is all my other corals are okie.. all blooming big and good.. only this bubble coral.. placement of the coral is low on the sand bed. water flow is not strong. Should i wait and see or buy all the test kits? *pocket burn*

PH,KH,Calcium testing is a must. Last time I had the same idea as you. The rest of the corals are healthy so I didn't bother testing my parameters. Then slowly all my corals open smaller and smaller each day. The rest is history. Then I read through these forum and the US www.reefkeeping.com. Every expert says that we must test the water every week especially Ph,Kh and Calcium. If you wanna save money, just buy one API Kh test for now. I'm sure your Kh is the problem.

Can i know y is it tt its d kh problem ?

Kh and calcium must be perfectly balanced and are essential for corals and fishes skeletal growth. Lacking in any of these will result in poor eating habits and the corals will stop growing. When it is not feeding well and not growing it will not bloom. Kh drops easily (in fact within days) than any other parameters like calcium, Ph and so on. That's why I think its a Kh problem.

I don't think target feeding will solve the problem. Bubble is not like a prata where u can target food into its mouth. Have u bought those tests kits yet? If you haven't test for Ph, Kh and calcium then I'm not sure if your bubble ever gonna bloom. Simply ask yourself: does your water have enough calcium? Is the Ph 8.0 or lower? Is alkalinity between 8-11 dKh? If it's 3 or 4 then it's a worry.

The fact is these livestocks live and breathe in the water. If you don't test the water how do you know it's good for them?

Do not get API test kit cause they will tell the fake readings.MyKH and ca all high but ph is low dunno y.Anyway ur bubble won't accept any food when it is still shrinking in the day.Tried a lot of times wif my past bubbles.Now my new brown one very happy wif the clownfishes swimming up and down on top of it.

Sorry bro. How do u know API give fake reading? I thought its the best test kits in the market?

Do not get API test kit cause they will tell the fake readings.MyKH and ca all high but ph is low dunno y.Anyway ur bubble won't accept any food when it is still shrinking in the day.Tried a lot of times wif my past bubbles.Now my new brown one very happy wif the clownfishes swimming up and down on top of it.

Sorry bro. How do u know API give fake reading? I thought its the best test kits in the market?

First thing my reef tank DKH is high about 16 and how can the ph be 7.8.And i dun wan to add anymore buffers before all things starts to stress.

Bubbles dun like high organics.Elegance love po4 but bubbles won't.Bubbles can tolerate high nitrate.

May I know u used API to test your Kh or Ph OR both?

First thing my reef tank DKH is high about 16 and how can the ph be 7.8.And i dun wan to add anymore buffers before all things starts to stress.

Bubbles dun like high organics.Elegance love po4 but bubbles won't.Bubbles can tolerate high nitrate.

Bro if u think API Tests Kits give fake reading, then you have to give very concrete details and examples to proof your claim. I'm sure a lot of other reefers out there are using them and curious to know more. To me it's the best compared to many like SERA and Salifert cos it's so easy to use and definitely more accurate.