My Seahorse Paradise

peong

• SRC Member

Hi Allan, how's your progress now, long time didn't see your update... :rolleyes:

not much changes in my tank, so nothing much to update. now i'm reading about self sufficient or support tank. Then i will plan to build a tank. all is still under study n research.. Maybe we can share some knowledge??

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

not much changes in my tank, so nothing much to update. now i'm reading about self sufficient or support tank. Then i will plan to build a tank. all is still under study n research.. Maybe we can share some knowledge??

yes, i'm dreaming of that too, let me know if u find some article. :ThanxSmiley:

• SRC Member

Just to sharing with u guys my future rockscaping might be for the new seahorse tank at my new house, the length of this rockscaping is 34" and height is 23". So, probably going to have a 4ft partition tank with 2.5ft height. Well, still thinking of how to make the whole set... :idea:

post-3149-088150000 1287552388_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Well, my current setup will very soon need to decom or sell as I'm selling my 4room now, most probably I can keep them for another 3 months... By then I can get my new key from HDB, so, where to house my horses a my problem now... :whistle

• SRC Supporter

Well, my current setup will very soon need to decom or sell as I'm selling my 4room now, most probably I can keep them for another 3 months... By then I can get my new key from HDB, so, where to house my horses a my problem now... :whistle

You can also consider housing it with one of your friend here you know ? Or some of the LFS here does offer such services of housing your LS as well .

• SRC Member

You can also consider housing it with one of your friend here you know ? Or some of the LFS here does offer such services of housing your LS as well .

Yes, I know we have many nice reefers in SRC always willing to give an helpping hand, but :paiseh: to trouble them, and SH is not easy to keep, so, is better to take own responsible.

• SRC Supporter

Yes, I know we have many nice reefers in SRC always willing to give an helpping hand, but :paiseh: to trouble them, and SH is not easy to keep, so, is better to take own responsible.

+1 Agreed, keeping a sucessful Seahorse tank need alot of hardwork , research and patient . :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

My pods in the tank is getting lesser and lesser... :poster_oops::blush:

• SRC Member

My pods in the tank is getting lesser and lesser... :poster_oops::blush:

Just found that a lot went into my sump tank... :upsidedown: I think due to the flow in the refugium and no lighting at the sump that's why... :rolleyes: Hmmm... found that not using filter wool even better, in order to let the pods grow and flow thru the whole system.

• SRC Member

From what I know Kelloggi is very similar to Kuda. The only visible difference is their coronet. Kelloggi has high with 5 short spines while Kuda has low rounded coronet. The other visible difference which is difficult to confirm is to count their tail rings. Kelloggi has average 40 to 38 in Kuda.

Not sure if this info helps.

Cheers

JC

• SRC Member

From what I know Kelloggi is very similar to Kuda. The only visible difference is their coronet. Kelloggi has high with 5 short spines while Kuda has low rounded coronet. The other visible difference which is difficult to confirm is to count their tail rings. Kelloggi has average 40 to 38 in Kuda.

Not sure if this info helps.

Cheers

JC

Yes, I saw some of the pic on web, indeed, some are like kuda, but some are totally different looking, some are like what I have too... hmmm... still need more research then. :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...
  • SRC Member

As been a long long period of times never touch with this post, and herewith my new small scale of the seahorse "upside down crystal tank" on top of my exiting low profile 3ft soft corals tank, picture share with you my "still hot" DIYed cabinet also. Hopefully this new idea of setup can inspire you to make something similar as you want to achieve more different reefing in one system. Cheer!

IMG_20151007_084830.jpg

IMG_20151007_094350.jpg

IMG_20151003_135625.jpg

Edited by peong