• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

hi,

great setup. Seems Really tough work. I'm interested to know

- what's require in order to keep SH?

-Temp?

-Can mix with fish, anemone, zoa?

-Must it be a pair or can just start with 1?

-Change color means sick?

• SRC Member
hi,

great setup. Seems Really tough work. I'm interested to know

- what's require in order to keep SH?

-Temp?

-Can mix with fish, anemone, zoa?

-Must it be a pair or can just start with 1?

-Change color means sick?

1)sea horse tanks requires a chiller below 28 should be good enough

2)you can mix them with corals and stuff but as for fishes do not mix them with aggressive fishes as seahorses are slow and they will always lose out

3)you can always start off with 1 its alright but some feel a pair is nice

4)nope colour change doesnt mean its sick just adapting to the area also beware of scalps on the seahorse body :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

how to get tigertail start feeding? I tried frozen mysis but seem they don't like.

How u feed?

How frequent?

Where can get live mysis?

Where's lck110 located?

Is your SH tank still running?

• SRC Member
Hi,

how to get tigertail start feeding? I tried frozen mysis but seem they don't like.

How u feed?

How frequent?

Where's lck110 located?

tigertails should accept frozen mysis

just pop the frozen into the tank and the seahorses will eat it

:eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
Hi,

How u feed?

How frequent?

Where's lck110 located?

I bought two of my seahorses separately, the first one didn't eat frozen mysis at first, so I started by feeding it live brine shrimp. Once it got used to my hand, and recognise it as a source of food, I start feeding it frozen mysis and brine shrimp, and it will eat happily. When buying delicate feeders like that I always ask the shop owner to test feed before I buy.

Both my tigertails are so greedy now that they will spit water at me playfully when they want food. :lol:

Edit: They are a bit slow and stupid, always lose out to other fish when feeding, cos the flow in my tank is quite strong. I off all pumps these days when feeding the tank, they now have a fair chance to get the food.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
I bought two of my seahorses separately, the first one didn't eat frozen mysis at first, so I started by feeding it live brine shrimp. Once it got used to my hand, and recognise it as a source of food, I start feeding it frozen mysis and brine shrimp, and it will eat happily. When buying delicate feeders like that I always ask the shop owner to test feed before I buy.

Both my tigertails are so greedy now that they will spit water at me playfully when they want food. :lol:

haha bro ur seahorses so fun one uh

my like statue one leh :thanks::eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Mine is a chapalang mixed reef mah, a lot of aggressive tank mates and strong current, I guess the environment rubbed off on their personality.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Mine is a chapalang mixed reef mah, a lot of aggressive tank mates and strong current, I guess the environment rubbed off on their personality.

woa have difficulty woa how to feet haha pro sia you can make them go for the food in sure a tank

cool :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member
Hi peong,

So are you back in your seahorse keeping again ? Think many of the fellow here will miss your updates.. :)

Yes, but just a small scale as i will b moving hse next yr, so just use back some remaining equipments. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

beautiful horses u have bro! very nice tank setup too! can post full tank shot? :yeah:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

are the red ones au kuda? there are spino too issit? what specis u have there may ask? :wub:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!