My 2 feet tank

Sinn

• SRC Member

I think it's not advisable to have non-waterproof electronics next to a tank. Might get splashed during a waterchange. :blink:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

There will be a problem of salt spray too. Metals corrode very badly near my tank. The dry salt powder gets all over the place. Screws that never touch the water will be rusty in a few months time.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

yup... salt spray and the high salt content in the vapour will cause the metal parts to rust.. eg, my MH steel wires, also rust like mad.. was worried that it might drop..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Hmmm.... looks like you have to lie down on the floor to enjoy your tank huh?

;)

AT

now that u mentioned abt height of viewing.. wat is the best height for viewing the tank? when standing up or have to bend a bit like AT's tank.. coz the total height of my tank (inclusive of cabinet) from the floor is abt slightly over 4ft and to enjoy it fully, i need to get a chair to sit down but the height is optimal for cleaning though.. coz me thinking of getting the stand to be like 2.5ft height with the height of the tank at 3ft... wat u guys think? AT, what is the total height of your tank inclusive of the stand??

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Are you as tall as me Kel?

I can't remember the exact height of my tank... but yes, being tall (1.81m) I have to stoop slightly to see all the way back (unless I lift up the lid).

It's a very subjective matter... coz we are all of different heights... being tall helps because you can see more... but if we all sit on chairs or stools in front of our tanks... we all see the same view. How do you then define what is the best height?

I feel that whatever position you feel most comfortable looking at your tank for more than 20 mins is considered ideal. If your back or legs feel cramped.... then... well.... :rolleyes: get a higher/lower stand, higher/lower stool.