Would like to try scuba diving

souphamster

• SRC Member
I am keen to join scuba diving.. do ppl go alone to join diving ? Abit shy.. any kahkis here want to go diving with newbie like me?

i would like to

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

enjoy ur first breath underwater.. it is pretty amazing that u can actually breathe underwater.. kekeke

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I also want...Student got offer???

I can breathe without air underwater for 4min max now

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
I also want...Student got offer???

I can breathe without air underwater for 4min max now

i can breathe underwater for more than 60 mins... hahaha...

student? depend on which tertiery u from? i know NUS, NTU, UniSIM have their own dive club

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

i am still looking for a school to go diving.. any package u guys know which u can recommend? which island can i choose for my virgin trip? anyone pls?

Hi souphamster,

You can check out this dive center, http://www.ocean-ambassador.com :-). Which island to choose for your virgin trip? I would say Pulau Tioman...as you get more experiences, you can visit other more exotic sites.

-Lily

well its just basic open water you're looking for?

basic open can be done in SG, at Pulau hantu. but vis may get shitty, like 3 m? but still, i took it cos its cheaper, more convienient.and its really just a basic qualification. and after that the Advanced open water then can spend more and take in Msia. or i think you can look for trips that do both basic and advanced kinda at the same time.hahahhaha dont know if thats possible.

www.scubashot.com.sg

• SRC Member

me... i went alone for my 1st dive trip.

no frens no khakis.. but made lotsa divers frens there.

no worries abt not having any frens there bro.

IMO, Pulau dayang is by far still the best site ..

great place to dive.

but the diving packages are all so expensive now.

i learnt during the lowest peak period.

i oni paid $350 for everything.

hahaha..

• SRC Member

that rate is hard to come by now.. hahaha... now still hv to pay fuel surcharge!!!...

hantu ah? the viz if u get 3m, u are very lucky... at times, i cant even see my legs.

• SRC Member
that rate is hard to come by now.. hahaha... now still hv to pay fuel surcharge!!!...

hantu ah? the viz if u get 3m, u are very lucky... at times, i cant even see my legs.

just went hantu last sunday.

Bad vis... No fishes. lotsa duno what creatures.. cant see them but sting me all over.

cuz i wearing shorty... :pinch: Lose a dive torch there summore. so anyone who finds it.. and its looks brand new and have a 'DAN" written on it..

its mine.. haha...

onli see lotsa sea urchins and soft corals.. huge leather, cup corals, Sea fan.. and bloody hell SEA WEEDS... looks like a forest there.

went to pulau semakaw too..

dive @ a wreck sumwhere off there.

beautiful sun corals there.. but vis is still bad..and current was rough...

spend only 10mins there and have to give the thumbs up sign.

:pirate: couldn't find any treasures thou... :P

:eyebrow:

• SRC Member
just went hantu last sunday.

Bad vis... No fishes. lotsa duno what creatures.. cant see them but sting me all over.

cuz i wearing shorty... :pinch: Lose a dive torch there summore. so anyone who finds it.. and its looks brand new and have a 'DAN" written on it..

its mine.. haha...

:eyebrow:

DAN? Diver Alert Network? hahaha

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
yo.. anyone interested in learning diving can drop me a pm. i do free lance and i'm currently still schooling in nus.. so students definitely get discount from me. haha

got a couple of frens interested to take open water.

how do you charge under PADI certification?

• 1 month later...
do we need to know how to swim first before can apply for diving? my swimming means able to swim like 50 or 100m in the swimming pool.

not really lei...im not very fit but im an OK diver... just have to be alert , join a reputable dive centre, get proper training , and remember your BWARF training ... me thinks if you dont ace the class and pool lessons, no reputable dive centre will take you out to sea to do OW anyway :D Happy diving!