Buyer and Seller Etiquette.

burnerj

• SRC Member

Hi guys.

Being as a seller and buyer on pasar malan i always sell thing responsiblely. I would like to have comments on the below incident and advise me what should i do.

I was selling my haeli 6550 and beckeet skimmer as some of u guys know.

Mr GAN77 contacted my around 1 month ago and request to deal on that day. This pump was previously bought from peong and he told me to go over his place to test the pump before i buy it. So as a responsible seller i SMS him to ask him to come over to my place and test the pump but he decline to come over as he dunno how to come over to my place (I did give him directions in how to come over from Yio chu kang to hougang).

Seeing that he wish to deal around 6.30 to 7pm, i drove home immediatly after work and tested out the pump (Since he dun wan to test, i did a test to prove it's working then take to sell). Still i drove him to Yio Chu Kang MRT station as i was little early and he did not have enough cash with him.

On our journey there, he did as reasons why do i change pump. I replied as use too much electricity as it needs 200 watts to drive it thus i changed to a aquabee 6000 which only requires 100watts.

3 weeks later which is now, he called me last night and told me that a seller came to his place to buy the haeli 6550 but then discover the ceremic shaft was broken, his tone of conversing thru the phone was very hosilte. Who know this 3 weeks what he did to the pump. Now he demands me a refund. which i think is bu** sh*t.

Summary, as a seller i did ask him to come over to test the but he decline. As a buyer, he did not notice me within 24hrs or even few days after sales telling me that it is not working.

Please give me ur comments

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

• SRC Member

I'd say let him bitch.. its not gonna affect you in anyway. Even retailers mostly give 7 days 1 to 1 exchange and thats for new equipments. There after is back to the distributor for repairs. 3 weeks is too much.

If he wants then come explain.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Hi guys.

Being as a seller and buyer on pasar malan i always sell thing responsiblely. I would like to have comments on the below incident and advise me what should i do.

I was selling my haeli 6550 and beckeet skimmer as some of u guys know.

Mr GAN77 contacted my around 1 month ago and request to deal on that day. This pump was previously bought from peong and he told me to go over his place to test the pump before i buy it. So as a responsible seller i SMS him to ask him to come over to my place and test the pump but he decline to come over as he dunno how to come over to my place (I did give him directions in how to come over from Yio chu kang to hougang).

Seeing that he wish to deal around 6.30 to 7pm, i drove home immediatly after work and tested out the pump (Since he dun wan to test, i did a test to prove it's working then take to sell). Still i drove him to Yio Chu Kang MRT station as i was little early and he did not have enough cash with him.

On our journey there, he did as reasons why do i change pump. I replied as use too much electricity as it needs 200 watts to drive it thus i changed to a aquabee 6000 which only requires 100watts.

3 weeks later which is now, he called me last night and told me that a seller came to his place to buy the haeli 6550 but then discover the ceremic shaft was broken, his tone of conversing thru the phone was very hosilte. Who know this 3 weeks what he did to the pump. Now he demands me a refund. which i think is bu** sh*t.

Summary, as a seller i did ask him to come over to test the but he decline. As a buyer, he did not notice me within 24hrs or even few days after sales telling me that it is not working.

Please give me ur comments

How can it not be working after 3 weeks. definitely it's his duty to test the pump or feedback to you immediately on this issue within 1 or 2 days.Ignore him

Dear all,

Please see picture to prove my innocence...

A pic prove a thousand words. Based on thrust, I didn't go to his place for checking...

If you are a buyer, would you be angry to get something like this...and now, blame me for not checking..

Be gentleman lah....Be a responsible and reasonable person...Don anyhow ruin people's reputation, careful be sue.

He's really out to con people... knowing that the shaft is cracked...

Dishonest seller...

Hailea_6550pump.doc

But you should have tested and check the pump once you got it...

As the Wattage is too big, hence, I didn't go and check, as I have already bought another Pump for my freshwater, hence, till the night before, a buyer came and ask me to try run, then i discovered that the pump is not working, dismantle it, and found that the shaft is cracked lor.. then blamed my luck to run into such conner...

Up to you guys to believe, whether I can be trusted or his words...

Please play a fairness to this game.

Thanks

Can I caused this cracked on the shaft in within appr. 3 weeks??

How long can a shaft take to cracked to form that certain length appear in the pic.

He and I are not enemies, why would I harm him just for merely $30 ...

$30 to see a person's character...

Still dare to post thread, saying Buyer and Seller's ettique...

Please play Faireness in all games.. Be a gentleman....

I'd say let him bitch.. its not gonna affect you in anyway. Even retailers mostly give 7 days 1 to 1 exchange and thats for new equipments. There after is back to the distributor for repairs. 3 weeks is too much.

If he wants then come explain.

dear Bro,

Please understand the whole scenario before you speak your wise words... Don't stir troubles...please view pic for more detail.

Thanks

• SRC Member
Dear all,

Please see picture to prove my innocence...

A pic prove a thousand words. Based on thrust, I didn't go to his place for checking...

If you are a buyer, would you be angry to get something like this...and now, blame me for not checking..

Be gentleman lah....Be a responsible and reasonable person...Don anyhow ruin people's reputation, careful be sue.

He's really out to con people... knowing that the shaft is cracked...

Dishonest seller...

U can ask around pple who bought things from me, either i give them FOC things or i dun charge them as what i quote. As i always say i'm not out to do business.

AT, please give me your comments on good sold for such long time then now report it's spoil. Moreover he kept calling during the day and disturb my rest and did not ask me in a very courtesy manner.

U say be gentleman and be responsible also resonable person... try buying things lets not say supermart or shopping center, lets try market... would pple refund u a thing that u bought for 1 month and claims that its spooilt... :ph34r:

I as a responsible seller did ask u to come over to test the pump but u decline, lets not say "base on trust" whenever u are buying things even friends we have to do test before commiting. Also i did power up the unit before shutting packing the return pump.

Being a Responsible i told u that the wattage was too high to sustain and bought a aquabee 6000 and told u what are thr parts that i've used and not used in the pump package.

Being reasonable i reach the destination too early as promised in the deal and i drove to ur work place @ motorola and gave u a ride to the nearest MRT station for you to withdraw money for mearly $30 bucks.

U should be a responsible buyer to test immediatly or within 24hrs after u receive the goods.Be Gentleman not to demand for refund in a discourteous manner. Be reasonable that and ask around ur buying and selling etiquette.

I can defintely refund u your $30 bucks (not worth my SMS and phone calls) but your attitude must made to be known to fellow reefers and let them be aware of such reefers does exist in our forum and be extremly careful.

--Tank--

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

U can ask around pple who bought things from me, either i give them FOC things or i dun charge them as what i quote. As i always say i'm not out to do business.

AT, please give me your comments on good sold for such long time then now report it's spoil. Moreover he kept calling during the day and disturb my rest and did not ask me in a very courtesy manner.

U say be gentleman and be responsible also resonable person... try buying things lets not say supermart or shopping center, lets try market... would pple refund u a thing that u bought for 1 month and claims that its spooilt... :ph34r:

I as a responsible seller did ask u to come over to test the pump but u decline, lets not say "base on trust" whenever u are buying things even friends we have to do test before commiting. Also i did power up the unit before shutting packing the return pump.

Being a Responsible i told u that the wattage was too high to sustain and bought a aquabee 6000 and told u what are thr parts that i've used and not used in the pump package.

Being reasonable i reach the destination too early as promised in the deal and i drove to ur work place @ motorola and gave u a ride to the nearest MRT station for you to withdraw money for mearly $30 bucks.

U should be a responsible buyer to test immediatly or within 24hrs after u receive the goods.Be Gentleman not to demand for refund in a discourteous manner. Be reasonable that and ask around ur buying and selling etiquette.

I can defintely refund u your $30 bucks (not worth my SMS and phone calls) but your attitude must made to be known to fellow reefers and let them be aware of such reefers does exist in our forum and be extremly careful.

Dear Bro,

Its true that my tone of attitude was rude, this i dare to confess, Be it a first or second hand, or lets be that goods bought for that long period, is consider as not your fault, but can you please kindly explain the crack found on the CERAMIC SHAFT.. Don say that you do not know the existence of the crack??

If you are a buyer like me, would you expect to speak in a refine and courtesy manner?? Please put yourself in other shoes's.

Thank you.

If AT or all forumeers think I posses a bad attitude, please ban me from this forum..

Please speak in fairness.

• SRC Member
Dear Bro,

Its true that my tone of attitude was rude, this i dare to confess, Be it a first or second hand, or lets be that goods bought for that long period, is consider as not your fault, but can you please kindly explain the crack found on the CERAMIC SHAFT.. Don say that you do not know the existence of the crack??

If you are a buyer like me, would you expect to speak in a refine and courtesy manner?? Please put yourself in other shoes's.

Thank you.

If AT or all forumeers think I posses a bad attitude, please ban me from this forum..

Please speak in fairness.

YES, i did not know any crack in shaft. Also i did not tear the pump apart since i bought over from fellow reefer. I am not a pump geek and to me to test that it is running it is performing.

And yes i did receive my goods from fellow reefer in a bad state. If you see my post in members tank and spec, i bought a tank set from fellow reefer and found a crack in the overflow but i did call up the reefer and talk to him nicely as i did not know if he knows abt the crack or could it be bue to transportation. But still the seller offer to seal up the crack with the tank maker but i finds it uncomfortable thus ask the tank maker to construct me a new tank.

I dun go into a shop yelling and scream at shop owner due to a spoil equipment cos even the shop owner didn't know as they are only distributer not MANUFACTURER.

PS: i'm not here to flame u but to ask if fellow reefer will reponse to this incident and yes i'm directing at ur attitude.

--Tank--

--Equipments--

--Pumps--

1) For sure... My attitude is bad or even rotten....This you can comment..

But for sure, I did not hold back my temper as I was fuming hot regards to the cracks found.

So you cannot blame me for bursting directly at you.

My apologises.

2) Be it that you are not a pump Geek, you would also or rather understand the situation that I was in..Moreover, please edit your sentence saying that I called you the whole day?? I called you twice only in the evening ard 7 plus , and a sms only. Please don't say that I disturb your sleepness. How would I know that you are sleeping?

For disturbing your sleepness, my apologies to you too...

So don't anyhow post a thread saying this and that in the first place...Its not relevant to the topic. You can said that my Etiquette is bad, and not rather mislead others that the pump issue.

Thank you.

• SRC Member

Ok thats enough bros....We all are Bros...PEACE....there was a bit of unhappiness on Both sides Which Made the matter worst. I would say Its a bit late for refund though i know Gan's only intention was to get his hard earned Money back...

But trust comes a long way. Its a Clear FACT that One should know if his product is working well before buying it.

Same POLICY IN CASH AND CONVERTERS. no refund for second Hand goods. And you should always test Before buying. Don't Judge the book by its cover.

I would Wish that These Cases Should Be talked through tea time between the 2 individuals.

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

Both seller and buyer are also right, seller may honestly not know or aware that the shaft is cracked IF it is cracked in the first place and the crack may have taken place in the buyer's hand and he is NOT aware of it. In a scenario like this BOTH parties honestly believed that they are right and they are in their own minds, this leads to misuderstanding. I have witnessed this type of incidents on many occasions, trust me feelings can go out of control if not handled properly.

I can only suggest that both give each other the benefit of doubt and forget about the episode.

If I am asked to arbitrate, I can only put it to the buyer's fault, ie he should have check before buying, if he does not then he only got himself to blame and have to accept the eventual outcome and should not be hostile or ask for a refund. I find myself in situations like the buyer many times and be a gentleman and bit the bullet and accept the loss.

However the seller can also give him full refund if he feels generous although he has no obligation to do so.

Dear all,

And to the fellow Bro...I admit it was my mistake that I trusted him in the first place. If Bro Buneri (Jason) is not happy about the whole incident. Then its my fault. But to all, Seller and buyers, you should know that the products that you are interested to either purchase or for sale, please do let the buyer / seller to know the condition of the materials. Also, Seller, please do a check before you put out for sales.. This is a very bad incident happened in just Yr 2008. Just my luck... to have trusted some sort of seller...

Lets forget about all this unhappiness... BTW, I have and shall not be in Marine for the rest of the days...in to come..

Marine is not my main Hobbies.... As it belongs to the World of Riches to play the game...Me out liao...

Cya...Happy Year 2008..To all fellow...Reefers...

• SRC Member

Trust = Know the person Better...So anyone Going for the word "Trust" have to watch out and its at your OWN RISK AND COST.

case closed. No more opinions

HAPPY NEW YEAR....AHEAD....we learn from mistakes

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
Dear all,

And to the fellow Bro...I admit it was my mistake that I trusted him in the first place. If Bro Buneri (Jason) is not happy about the whole incident. Then its my fault. But to all, Seller and buyers, you should know that the products that you are interested to either purchase or for sale, please do let the buyer / seller to know the condition of the materials. Also, Seller, please do a check before you put out for sales.. This is a very bad incident happened in just Yr 2008. Just my luck... to have trusted some sort of seller...

Lets forget about all this unhappiness... BTW, I have and shall not be in Marine for the rest of the days...in to come..

Marine is not my main Hobbies.... As it belongs to the World of Riches to play the game...Me out liao...

Cya...Happy Year 2008..To all fellow...Reefers...

It's none of my business whether u are still in marines or world of riches, to me it's a hobby and maintaining a hobby doesn't comes cheap.

if you wan your $30 back, I'll refund u. I bet it's tough earning that $30 back... I dun need that money also. The process i went thru is definatly more than $30 bucks (ie. replying your SMSs on the product, rushing back home to get the pump for u. Also driving u to the MRT station).

I hope that this is the only time i encounter such sore and bitter buyer. :bow:

--Tank--

--Equipments--

--Pumps--

• SRC Member
2) Be it that you are not a pump Geek, you would also or rather understand the situation that I was in..Moreover, please edit your sentence saying that I called you the whole day?? I called you twice only in the evening ard 7 plus , and a sms only. Please don't say that I disturb your sleepness. How would I know that you are sleeping?

GAN, come on... how would u react when someone woke u up from sleep then once u are awake, RANTING and UNPLEASENT tone kept rumbling into ur ears... i just felt annoyed. I know u didn't know i'm sleeping as u dun have a webcam at my bedroom, but u called thrice repeatedly and all rang till the phone was cut dead... I return your call when i read the SMS and u was there @ the other end blabbering nonsense.

Not only u are unetiquette... but also crude. This $30 bucks... i say again i trf back to u... otherwise my CNY also not lucky....

--Tank--

--Equipments--

--Pumps--

• SRC Member

Don't go around misusing the word 'trust'.. bull sh*t I say.. as a buyer and seller, I do not trust or expect anyone to trust me unless we know each other well. As a buyer, you were given a chance. I did not say the seller is not in the wrong either. He might have given you a broken product but it might not be knowingly. You as a buyer was given a chance. You rejected. Then you still waited 3 weeks before escalating the case. How do we know if you ever dropped or when opening up the pump, accidentally break the shaft? I'm sure it can be done as I have broken some pump shaft while dismantling a pump.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

My personnal views on this incident. Have bought quite a nos of items in buy&sell forum. Before you venture into 2nd hand goods, you must be prepare that it is always a risk involve in relabaility. It may not fail in few days time but down the road you cannot tell. If you can't accept this condition and buy due to the attractive price, you are decieving yourselves.

In 2nd hand market you can't expect seller to give any sort of warranty except on the sopt testing. Some nice seller may give a short warranty time like 3 days for you to test it out at your place.

If the seller wants to be through with his sales he can do the following

1) Dismantle the item that is for sale for visual inspection

2) Assemble back and test it out if possible (if not possible to test probably let the buyer test it out himself in the next 3 days)

3) Get the seller to sign an acceptance form for the transactions. (This really helps as mutually they have agreed to this sales by testing and visual inspections)

Most seller maynot go to this extent as it is a hassle. But the acceptance form is good as later there's nothing much to argue with.

:rolleyes:

• SRC Member
My personnal views on this incident. Have bought quite a nos of items in buy&sell forum. Before you venture into 2nd hand goods, you must be prepare that it is always a risk involve in relabaility. It may not fail in few days time but down the road you cannot tell. If you can't accept this condition and buy due to the attractive price, you are decieving yourselves.

In 2nd hand market you can't expect seller to give any sort of warranty except on the sopt testing. Some nice seller may give a short warranty time like 3 days for you to test it out at your place.

If the seller wants to be through with his sales he can do the following

1) Dismantle the item that is for sale for visual inspection

2) Assemble back and test it out if possible (if not possible to test probably let the buyer test it out himself in the next 3 days)

3) Get the seller to sign an acceptance form for the transactions. (This really helps as mutually they have agreed to this sales by testing and visual inspections)

Most seller maynot go to this extent as it is a hassle. But the acceptance form is good as later there's nothing much to argue with.

:rolleyes:

Good.. Thats why when I sell such equipments, I offer to get the buyer to come up to my house to test. I do not want buyers to "trust" me and then bite me in the back few days or worst few weeks later.

And yes.. second hand goods are always a risk.

Dear all,

As this is my mistake, as to trust anyone... even to the extent of taking equipment back and then pay cash...I simply trust people too easily...

Dear Bro, if you think thats non of your responsible to refund me the cash, please stop bombaring me all sorts of "Shit""

In the first place, I didn't ask you for refund.. (Did I asked you for REFUND) its you who asked me for my account number and now you are bombaring me...Then in the first place, don't tell me that you do a refund and now playing MR GOOD GUY. and now talking another way ...Wow..simply good people also you, bad people also you...Stop your ACt..Liao.

I've already Aplologises in the forum.

What else do u expect me to say...Should I apologise in the newspaper saying that I bought a Spoilt unit and still apologise to the buyer.HAHA...Simply Funny!!!! I didn't mentioned that you are rich... i didn't mean anything...Why is everyone so sensitive as to bomb me??

The worst case, is that I take it as contributing $30 to charity Organisation.. and forget about all this issue.

I Come in PEACE And Shall Leave in PEACE.

Everyone commit mistakes, please don't add salt inti pple's wounds...

Please do make a full stop till now.

Dear Mod ... please remove this thread...Its getting out of Hand..

Good.. Thats why when I sell such equipments, I offer to get the buyer to come up to my house to test. I do not want buyers to "trust" me and then bite me in the back few days or worst few weeks later.

And yes.. second hand goods are always a risk.

Dear Bro,

I do know the risks are always there...But would you expect to get some stuff like that , WITH SHAFT CRACKED??? And he can mentioned that he used only two mths?? U believe?

1) For sure... My attitude is bad or even rotten....This you can comment..

But for sure, I did not hold back my temper as I was fuming hot regards to the cracks found.

So you cannot blame me for bursting directly at you.

My apologises.

So don't anyhow post a thread saying this and that in the first place...Its not relevant to the topic. You can said that my Etiquette is bad, and not rather mislead others that the pump issue.

Thank you.

Thanks BRO for standing up for me...

I can declare that I'm a poor chap... with not enough Capital to play marine. Thats why $30 is alot to me...

So what if you are giving FOC THINGS... Its non of my business..

Try to be honest in selling and be honest in yourself... U can deceive other, but do remember you cannot deceive yourself.