Ok, I am a lazy reefer!!!

Achilles Tang

I guess its time for me to do some maintenance of my tunze streams.... they are functioning at 50% coz the intakes are half covered by coralline algae in my FOWLR tank!

Pardon the bad photo... i am using a very cheap camera! And just realised the camera date is wrong also! It's just taken today!

The amazing thing is that i have not changed water in years plus not dosing or using my CR at all! ;)

Also I don't use a skimmer and I only grow chaetos in the tank itself as a food source and a biological filter! :D

post-1-1201272115.jpg

Coralline algae just loves plastic. I got sick and tired of taking out my Streams and scraping them/soaking them in acid that I kinda left it like this for a quite a few months.... I wanna see how much the coralline algae can plate out like plate corals.... haha!

Wah nice man

Can give me some to seed my tank haha :evil:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

wah cau.. i want also dun hv.. but that is way too much liao.. hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

wah cau.. i want also dun hv.. but that is way too much liao.. hahaha

The coralline algae actually diverts the water flow downwards now as you can see that the plating coralline algae has grown over and downwards over the nozzle! :pinch:

Hahaha! Thanks! But I consider coralline algae a pest. I have used a lot of effort to scrap them out of my black background and walls until I gave up. Thankfully, they now only encrust my LR and Tunze Streams.

And frankly, I've not done anything to my water parameters to keep it optimal. It's actually shamefully quite 'dusty'! :D

'

• SRC Member

actually it looks nice to me. dun scape it off lah. :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

AT ... u've got ur very own tunze rock ...

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

• SRC Member
Coralline algae just loves plastic. I got sick and tired of taking out my Streams and scraping them/soaking them in acid that I kinda left it like this for a quite a few months.... I wanna see how much the coralline algae can plate out like plate corals.... haha!

Wah i got a whole lot of coralline taking over y internal filter.Purple plating monti............ :whistle

girlone.png

Wow... even after so much neglect, you still manages to amaze us with just simple pix of your coralines encrusted tunze. :bow::bow::bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Wow... even after so much neglect, you still manages to amaze us with just simple pix of your coralines encrusted tunze. :bow::bow::bow:

Awesome? Wait till you see my Hammerhead shark in my FOWLR tank.... JUST KIDDING!! :D

Nah.... please!! Nothing awesome here.... I still think the most awesome thing to ever happen in my reef tank is to see two yellow humilis corals spawn simultaneously in my tank with clouds of ahem... you know.... life-giving white liquid. :paiseh:

post-1-1201718865.jpg

• SRC Member
Awesome? Wait till you see my Hammerhead shark in my FOWLR tank.... JUST KIDDING!! :D

Nah.... please!! Nothing awesome here.... I still think the most awesome thing to ever happen in my reef tank is to see two yellow humilis corals spawn simultaneously in my tank with clouds of ahem... you know.... life-giving white liquid. :paiseh:

humulisLG.jpg

Wow!!! To me that's the right way to reef: - taking time and letting nature takes it course. :eyebrow: Many a times, we see enthusiasts throwing in $$$ for a quick solution only to de-comm after a short period. :unsure:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Wow!!! To me that's the right way to reef: - taking time and letting nature takes it course. :eyebrow: Many a times, we see enthusiasts throwing in $$$ for a quick solution only to de-comm after a short period. :unsure:

Yeah, its an ABSOLUTE shame how some reefers can get overly ambitious in their quest to get the best stuff and end up decommisioning their tank after only a short while. Worse still, their drive caused them to be become nasty, greedy and become someone they shouldn't have to be.... its just a hobby after all. So sad. Seen so many cases... their passions have been vanquished. Burnt out? :rolleyes: