Rhomboid Swapper!!!

bryanong

Hi all, this incident happened recently on the 25th Jan last fri on lck. I knew that there's a Hawaii shipment with Rhomboid wrasse coming in and I purposely took leave in order to get the best that I can find. So I reached there before the shipment arrived and finally found the best from the group of 2 male Rhomboid. I told the boss that since the shipment had just arrived and it is still under climaziation and I decided to collect it the next day. I had netted it and put it in a basket and told the boss before leaving. But when I went to collect the next day, I realised that it had been swapped by another reefer (Pra**_Lover), you should know who you are cos the boss told me. How I realised that it had been swapped is that I noticed that the Rhomboid that I had reserved the lower fin (dun know what's the name for it) is 1 long and short.

I feel that I had wasted my time waiting and selecting and now it had been swapped, then what's the point of reserving? I feel that all reefer should have some ethics and it will happen to any of us with this kind of people around and the feeling of being cheated is hard to bear. I hope the guy would not do it again.

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

• SRC Member

chill bro. there's more than life to a pair of wrasses! this has happened to me throughout my years of reef keeping.

i can understand how pissed you are sine u took leave to select. how sure are you before accusing. during shipment days, most bosses dun know what they are saying except for prices!

• SRC Member
Hi all, this incident happened recently on the 25th Jan last fri on lck. I knew that there's a Hawaii shipment with Rhomboid wrasse coming in and I purposely took leave in order to get the best that I can find. So I reached there before the shipment arrived and finally found the best from the group of 2 male Rhomboid. I told the boss that since the shipment had just arrived and it is still under climaziation and I decided to collect it the next day. I had netted it and put it in a basket and told the boss before leaving. But when I went to collect the next day, I realised that it had been swapped by another reefer (Pra**_Lover), you should know who you are cos the boss told me. How I realised that it had been swapped is that I noticed that the Rhomboid that I had reserved the lower fin (dun know what's the name for it) is 1 long and short.

I feel that I had wasted my time waiting and selecting and now it had been swapped, then what's the point of reserving? I feel that all reefer should have some ethics and it will happen to any of us with this kind of people around and the feeling of being cheated is hard to bear. I hope the guy would not do it again.

bro,only you take leave har?i also chiong after work.then i get two male romboid n you say got only two male over there,i think you must be blind cos i brought two romboid from steven that day.even how many pieces of romboid steven has also you cannot count then now you say i change.you better explain in this tread i tell you.the two i brought is male one not female ok so you better not say i take one male one female ok.

Hi, maybe im being a nosey poker, but do allow me to share my $0.02

1) Kudos to you, take leave to chiong shipment! I can feel your passion and dedication to the hobby, and that i personally salute you for that.

2) On a separate note, IMHO, if i have taken the time to chiong shipment, i would have taken the fish/coral/whatever back. Leaving it there, is no guarantee that the next time you come back, it'll still be there... What if it died? Then you going to sue the shop owner for allowing it to die? Unless that shop owner is your relative or real good friend. Just curious... did you pay a deposit??

3) Even if you did pay a deposit, its the Shop Owner would should put the reserved stock away from public view, or even put a reserved tag. Whoever that swop the fish, is NOT at fault, coz he/she doesn't know that it's reserved for you. And btw, he's running a business, the first one to arrive and pay for it, is his... What if you don't go back for it? It's an open market lor...

4) The funny thing is, you mentioned the shop owner told you QUOTE "I realised that it had been swapped by another reefer (Pra**_Lover), you should know who you are cos the boss told me" UNQUOTE, that itself, is a flawed accusation. If you told the boss to reserve, and he still let another buyer swopped it and even told you about it... Shouldn't you tell the shop owner off???

5) If i were you, i would have gone after the shop owner and not the person who "allegedly" swop the fish. I would even blame myself for not taking the fish back!

Just to add, i'm no friend to any one mentioned in this instance, just thought i share my thoughts...

Sorry if i offended you or anyone else.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
Hi, maybe im being a nosey poker, but do allow me to share my $0.02

1) Kudos to you, take leave to chiong shipment! I can feel your passion and dedication to the hobby, and that i personally salute you for that.

2) On a separate note, IMHO, if i have taken the time to chiong shipment, i would have taken the fish/coral/whatever back. Leaving it there, is no guarantee that the next time you come back, it'll still be there... What if it died? Then you going to sue the shop owner for allowing it to die? Unless that shop owner is your relative or real good friend. Just curious... did you pay a deposit??

3) Even if you did pay a deposit, its the Shop Owner would should put the reserved stock away from public view, or even put a reserved tag. Whoever that swop the fish, is NOT at fault, coz he/she doesn't know that it's reserved for you. And btw, he's running a business, the first one to arrive and pay for it, is his... What if you don't go back for it? It's an open market lor...

4) The funny thing is, you mentioned the shop owner told you QUOTE "I realised that it had been swapped by another reefer (Pra**_Lover), you should know who you are cos the boss told me" UNQUOTE, that itself, is a flawed accusation. If you told the boss to reserve, and he still let another buyer swopped it and even told you about it... Shouldn't you tell the shop owner off???

5) If i were you, i would have gone after the shop owner and not the person who "allegedly" swop the fish. I would even blame myself for not taking the fish back!

Just to add, i'm no friend to any one mentioned in this instance, just thought i share my thoughts...

Sorry if i offended you or anyone else.

I totally agree with you.

If you want the fish and reserve it as long as it is still at the shop, then u better pray hard that the fish is still there. If not, then take it home.

If its taken by another reefer, its not the fault of the other reefer but by either the owner, or you yourself for trusting the owner of the shop to reserve it for you.

but i seriously think that you should not have come online and flame others for your mistake. Its quite immature and silly for you to do such things. Come on, its just a fish. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
I totally agree with you.

If you want the fish and reserve it as long as it is still at the shop, then u better pray hard that the fish is still there. If not, then take it home.

If its taken by another reefer, its not the fault of the other reefer but by either the owner, or you yourself for trusting the owner of the shop to reserve it for you.

but i seriously think that you should not have come online and flame others for your mistake. Its quite immature and silly for you to do such things. Come on, its just a fish. :rolleyes:

bro prata lover, chill man. :peace:

THKS BRO.BUT YOU KNOW THIS TYPE OF THINGS VERY SENSITIVE

yup it is. that's why i refrain from posting unnecessarily unless it permits. btw i noe u r a nice guy, so do other reefers who knows u. Reef on... ;)

Actually i dunno both of them, i just felt that in this instance, reservation means nothing, unless there's some special relationship with the boss.

It's unlike dinner table reservation.

I'm a regular at a particular bar, have a regular table... but even then, i may not get it all the time, coz there's always others more 'regular' than me. So if i don't get my table... do i go jump at that customer who's sitting at 'my' table??? Think about it.

Now that i look back, maybe i'm just being extra by posting my comments... but i hope both of them will just chill off... it's just a fish... Not like it's some rare species.

Shake hands and be friends...

My personal belief ah... when you have 1 new friend, you get 1 less enemy.

Cheers

wilson

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Since you say you bought 2 male rhomboid, is 1 of them has a lower fin longer than the other? There's only 2 male rhomboid in the shipment, as the 3rd male you mention has a tail that's round. Din you see there's 1 rhomboid in the basket? I wanted to pay a deposit for the fish but the boss say no need, that's why I trust him.

• SRC Member
Since you say you bought 2 male rhomboid, is 1 of them has a lower fin longer than the other? There's only 2 male rhomboid in the shipment, as the 3rd male you mention has a tail that's round. Din you see there's 1 rhomboid in the basket? I wanted to pay a deposit for the fish but the boss say no need, that's why I trust him.

i know i took the two that is not in the basket.n steven is there when i took the fish ok.now are you going to return me my name?or you still want to flame me?you want to explain yourself?from wat i see you writing,you still want to say that i change your fish issit?you want you call me n we talk face to face better ok.

i know i took the two that is not in the basket.n steven is there when i took the fish ok.now are you going to return me my name?or you still want to flame me?you want to explain yourself?from wat i see you writing,you still want to say that i change your fish issit?you want you call me n we talk face to face better ok.

Ok, since you said you did not do it, swear to God and I will take back my words.

• SRC Member
Ok, since you said you did not do it, swear to God and I will take back my words.

you ask me to swear to god har?hahaha.you very childish you know that.if i was to kill someone n the police caught me n i go to court,the judge tell me if you swear to god that you did not do it n i will let you go.you say i will swear or not?dont be childish lah ok.be a man.i say i didnt take means i didnt take ok.you want you accept n return me my name or you can call me n we meet up n talk face to face ok.but i hope you call me so we can meet up face to face.thats it this is the last that i will reply n you see wat you want to do about this!

No sides taken on but from what I see in this thread, I feel that you are being very childish hurling abuse over a fish and announcing to everyone then you took leave for the fish and crying over something that you have chosen initially and regretted then pushing the blame on the other party saying he swapped your fish. Who doesn’t take leave or spare their own time to chiong for shipment and hoping to get their fav fish.

You and him paid for your own fishes and you guys are equal.

Everything you said has to be substantiated with fact and evidence. You should not be complaining here and accusing others when you DID NOT even see it with your own eyes but why don’t you ask yourself instead are you sure this isn’t the fish you chosen in the first place! Put yourself in his shoe and imagine how it feels like being framed and accused. Bet you are capable of doing this to others but not getting the accusation yourself, you are lucky.

And a person with knowledge and thinking would not believe that steven LCK110 can actually tell you the other person swapped the fish and invite trouble for himself?LCK110 is a reputable LFS and the boss will nv do such a thing to lose you as a customer over this fish. He has better things to do.

You can now even ask prata lover to swear you are a very difficult and childish person iniatiating this.

Bro prata lover, pls do not entertain this person anymore. We all know you and you have been around in this hobby sometime already.

He has only himself to blame.

I believe you will not do such a thing as if you did you do not have to go through all this pain explaining and being so worked up.

Let him be and he should feel embarrassed for starting this.

One word of advice, you guys should settle this amicably and personally.

• SRC Member
No sides taken on but from what I see in this thread, I feel that you are being very childish hurling abuse over a fish and announcing to everyone then you took leave for the fish and crying over something that you have chosen initially and regretted then pushing the blame on the other party saying he swapped your fish. Who doesn’t take leave or spare their own time to chiong for shipment and hoping to get their fav fish.

You and him paid for your own fishes and you guys are equal.

Everything you said has to be substantiated with fact and evidence. You should not be complaining here and accusing others when you DID NOT even see it with your own eyes but why don’t you ask yourself instead are you sure this isn’t the fish you chosen in the first place! Put yourself in his shoe and imagine how it feels like being framed and accused. Bet you are capable of doing this to others but not getting the accusation yourself, you are lucky.

And a person with knowledge and thinking would not believe that steven LCK110 can actually tell you the other person swapped the fish and invite trouble for himself?LCK110 is a reputable LFS and the boss will nv do such a thing to lose you as a customer over this fish. He has better things to do.

You can now even ask prata lover to swear you are a very difficult and childish person iniatiating this.

Bro prata lover, pls do not entertain this person anymore. We all know you and you have been around in this hobby sometime already.

He has only himself to blame.

I believe you will not do such a thing as if you did you do not have to go through all this pain explaining and being so worked up.

Let him be and he should feel embarrassed for starting this.

One word of advice, you guys should settle this amicably and personally.

thks bro. :thanks: