WEEKLY UPDATE - 28TH JAN TO 3RD FEB 08

• SRC Member

A lot of wrasses spotted at ML.Dun ask me what species but i saw clown,dragon and some others which i dunno.

girlone.png

Went GO today... still got quite a fair bit of Gems there... but no CNY mega sale :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Aquamarin Katong got shockingly beautiful SPS shipment... just arrived a couple of hours ago... spotted Yellow Tenuis :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

GO got any nice mushrooms?? or shipment havent come yet? anybody knows when's the new shipment? :rolleyes:

ML got filamentous and carpenter wrasse.. (not sure of spelling) :paiseh: lots of yellow wrasse and some small gobies..

the coloration of those wrasse quite nice..

• SRC Member
Went GO today... still got quite a fair bit of Gems there... but no CNY mega sale :(

GO forever put sale one....

Hardly go there these days... Too ex liao. I used to go there quite frequently last time till I realised other place's coral also the same.

Anything at Pasir Ris side?

GO got any nice mushrooms?? or shipment havent come yet? anybody knows when's the new shipment? :rolleyes:

Got some red, purple mushrooms... quite nice. I heard shipment coming in less than 48 hours :ph34r:

Hardly go there these days... Too ex liao. I used to go there quite frequently last time till I realised other place's coral also the same.

Its not their fault. A lot of reefers have very deep pockets and are willing to pay those kind of amazing prices. I was once quoted 160 for a green prata, after discount. :whistle I guess the rest of us will just have to wait for the cheapo shipments at the farmways :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

thanks bro jervis, usually how much they sell their mushrooms? i saw their pics of new shipments, got red with purple dots mushrooms.. nice.. anybody can PM me their price range??

• SRC Member

Well their LPS is not that ex what.I saw some sell lagi worse.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Well their LPS is not that ex what.I saw some sell lagi worse.

I spent at least 1K there over the last one year so probably know their pricing pretty well. Just that recently seems to be more ex.

I just bought 3 lobos from Cavan road, less than $100. 2 red (10 inches and the other rounded 5 inches) , 1 orange 5 inches Attached below. The 10 inch one in feeding mode, when it close back its tectacles, will be as intense as the rounded piece.

If I went there confirm $200 and above.

Where do u usually shop?

I probably been to most shops over the last couple of years of reefing. This is ranked as top unless U are comparing it to one of the shops in the west....

post-214-1201824183.jpg

I spent at least 1K there over the last one year so probably know their pricing pretty well. Just that recently seems to be more ex.

I just bought 3 lobos from Cavan road, less than $100. 2 red (10 inches and the other rounded 5 inches) , 1 orange 5 inches Attached below. The 10 inch one in feeding mode, when it close back its tectacles, will be as intense as the rounded piece.

If I went there confirm $200 and above.

Where do u usually shop?

I probably been to most shops over the last couple of years of reefing. This is ranked as top unless U are comparing it to one of the shops in the west....

I am agree with your statement that bit ex now at GO, I complained to Shan also and he told me now it's very difficult to get coral shipment hence there is change in pricing. Anyway I get almost my corals from him, and always happy with his quality. Only prata that I never get from him can't believe his price tag on prata especially the orange one.

Which shop in the West bro?

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

Saw some nice & interesting specimens yesterday:

Golden Angels - Pacific Marine

Yellow Belly Regal (4") - Pacific Marine

Matured Male Flasher P. lineopunctatus - Ah Beng

Yashia Goby - Ah Beng

Bandit Angel - Iwarna (Sold)

Ultra small juvenile batfish Platax pinnatus - Iwarna (Not for sale)

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

lots of yellow tangs, flashers, sand sifter gobies at iwarna too.. coral-wise have some leftover green zoas, jewels, LPS, brains etc.. many crocea clams there too.. not forgetting their sps shipment.. :D

• SRC Member
I am agree with your statement that bit ex now at GO, I complained to Shan also and he told me now it's very difficult to get coral shipment hence there is change in pricing. Anyway I get almost my corals from him, and always happy with his quality. Only prata that I never get from him can't believe his price tag on prata especially the orange one.

Prata I dun even dare to ask these days. I was quote 5 blue notes the last time rd.

The one in the west? Starts with a J......

Prata I dun even dare to ask these days. I was quote 5 blue notes the last time rd.

The one in the west? Starts with a J......

I was there last week and there is one very nice orange prata that cost 4xorange note but someone still reserve it.

He has some deep pocket customers you can see from the car they drive there.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member

Thats life bro, it is like some go to G2000, Giordano while the high end will go to Armani Exchange, Polo Ralp Lauren .......

So for the former group will go around to look for cheaper similiar ones and go to GO to look see look see n hope for Great Singapore Reef Sales (like 50% off :eyebrow: ), while those with deep deep pockets n the hardcore ones will zoom in n buy what they like without second thgts.

Thats life bro, it is like some go to G2000, Giordano while the high end will go to Armani Exchange, Polo Ralp Lauren .......

So for the former group will go around to look for cheaper similiar ones and go to GO to look see look see n hope for Great Singapore Reef Sales (like 50% off :eyebrow: ), while those with deep deep pockets n the hardcore ones will zoom in n buy what they like without second thgts.

Totally agree bro. Anyone wanna join me and start a high end, armani-style LFS? Charge only 4 blue notes instead of 5 for green prata. Can retire by 40. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Well the earth are depleted of corals already mah.Now i see everywhere bubble coral price from $30 mid last year now shoot up to $50 cause of the stricter CITES stuffs.But their zoanthid price remain the same.Acro also.Ya but on the good side he really kept his corals very well even though it is ex.I got one bubble and one acro from him.I really like the bubble corals when he brought it in.

I was there last week and there is one very nice orange prata that cost 4xorange note but someone still reserve it.

He has some deep pocket customers you can see from the car they drive there.

Uhh ya.I usually come during non peak hours so i usually got time to chat wif him..I noe who is one of them but i won't tell because i do not wan people to felt accused.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

Guys i think u don have to buy a prata which coz a bomb or wat ever it is be it red , orange or anything interesting to the eyes.

i recently bought a prata which has got no color at all but lately color coming out little by little n seeing yellow on it n the best thing is tt it doesn't coz me wat color notes u guys are mentioning.

Even if its green or brown if u r able to make it big n healthy it will satisfying n beautiful 2 ur own eyes. :peace: