Decomming my 3 ft Starphire Tank

tayhonglee

• SRC Member

hi guys,

i managed to sell off most of my livestock, so the tank itself is up for sales for $200.

tank: 38" (L) X 30" (H) X 20" (W), front panel is starphire, glass is 12mm, 2 bracings on the top, bracings all along the bottom of the tank, external overflow

a little info about starphire

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=33432&hl=

comes with a wrought iron stand coated with many coats of antirust paint and a sump (which is actually my previous empty tank - please note that one of the panes of glass for the sump is diamant)

henry

post-3043-1201845385.jpg

post-3043-1201845790.jpg

• SRC Member

aquac 240, very powerful skimmer, kinda over rated for this tank $200.

http://www.proteinskimmer.com/products/EV240.htm

please note that the ozone intake valve was twisted off by my banana fingers, so i threw it away. it does not affect the skimmer's performance.

resun cl 650, in great condition. $200

the pics above were taken when i first set up the tank.

post-3043-1201846327.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

a little update.

the tank and chiller and skimmer are reserved for now. i realised i forgot to post the cost for liverocks. they go for $150. pretty nice big pieces. its sort of a collection of the better rocks that i bought from reefers for the past couple of years. easier to scape due to their size.

also, i have a powerblue tang for sale for $40, around 4". its the first one i tried, and its been in my tank for a long time. very healthy now, eats like a pig, but please be warned that it recovered from ich around 2 wks ago.

then there's a pair of black clowns, paired up already but no eggs so far $20. they were hosting a bubble before i sold it.

there's also a couple of yellow wrasses, a pair of tomato clowns, and a couple of yellow clown gobies going for free for whoever gets the liverocks.

• SRC Member
a little update.

the tank and chiller and skimmer are reserved for now. i realised i forgot to post the cost for liverocks. they go for $150. pretty nice big pieces. its sort of a collection of the better rocks that i bought from reefers for the past couple of years. easier to scape due to their size.

also, i have a powerblue tang for sale for $40, around 4". its the first one i tried, and its been in my tank for a long time. very healthy now, eats like a pig, but please be warned that it recovered from ich around 2 wks ago.

then there's a pair of black clowns, paired up already but no eggs so far $20. they were hosting a bubble before i sold it.

there's also a couple of yellow wrasses, a pair of tomato clowns, and a couple of yellow clown gobies going for free for whoever gets the liverocks.

Hi there!

Can post pics of the black clown, tks!

Cheers!

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

• 1 month later...