A new beginning

wilsontantw

Wilson li di tolok? Buay coral buay kau buay hiao tng choo. <_<

Do water change ah! went to buy 25l of water and change...

But today never buy coral, today buy 2 fish + 2 turbo snails...

1 x purple fire fish (a mate for my existing purple fire fish)

1 x algae blenny (that guy works very hard wor)

2 x turbo snails (they work hard too)

think a denitrator will be the next in line... only left 6 days to prepare, dun think i'll do much...

Must start to prepare my 'handover' report liao... found 2 persons to help manage my tank while im gone for the 12 days.

Where the skimmate! show me the MUD!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Get 2kg of sulphur beads from RD and black sponge big enuf to cut a circle padding for the CR chamber. When u ready let me know i go over ur house on my offday do for u bro.

Thanks for the offer bro, i but i think must wait till 13/14 march liao... schedule for the week all packed!

Just half an hour ago, i tried to make my sump neater, so my bro-in-law, who's helping me with the maintenace, will have an easy time...

Guess what, was shifting my FR and suddenly the FR pipe connected to the pump came loose! wah... water fountain sia!!! for a moment, didnt know what to do... water splashed for a good 5 secs!

TMD, i had a good saltwater face-wash, and the water leaked all the way to the floor.. HK liao i tell you... hopefully that's all, no leak in the sump... now keeping my fingers+toes cross!

More tank updates coming tonght... Watch this space!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Sigh... next be very careful with all pipings... one wrong move, and you'll spend hours cleaning up..

Hopefully the cabinet stand wun rot or my laminate flooring wun pop! Else, a lot more headache and $$$...

Water stain

post-13920-1203870006.jpg

Decided to re-pipe the FR pump!

This thing better hold while im away! (will keep monitoring it for the next 5 days before i fly).

post-13920-1203870040.jpg

The new sump, much neater

- auto-top-up is out of tank now (by the side)

- front of sump has more space for other stuff.

post-13920-1203869993.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Some new addition this week...

Cup coral from fellow reefer

If you look closer, two of the heads are kissing, coz i feed it some diced prawn meat earlier.

post-13920-1203870606.jpg

Orange shrooms from ah beng

post-13920-1203870693.jpg

Pinkies from iwarna

post-13920-1203870660.jpg

Zoa 'r' us

post-13920-1203870673.jpg

Mini plate (foc from a friend)

post-13920-1203870732.jpg

Green yuma with orange mouth

post-13920-1203870829.jpg

FTS - 25 Feb 2008

post-13920-1203870582.jpg

The seafan is now in NSW tank... need to spend some time to glue it's base to a rock, it kept float away when the 'waves' come.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Looking good...

Thanks bro! will heed your advice, enough stuff for now...

So next steps...

1) Ensure all LS thrives (so far, all LPS and softies are doing fine after some shifting to suit their requirements).

2) Coraline growth, too much brown LR, need to start to boost the Calcium level... CR will be activated once i get by my holidays.

3) Denitrator, been on the lookout for one... just need to find a suitable price one.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

bludder ar buay loon ar? I dont wanna do anything tonite liao, so tired. Oh yah i bot the ATI from that reefer u recommended already, super bright. Good deal. Now to sleep, got not much energy to install the equipment. Whole house equipment all over.

Hehe... thought that piece would be something you're looking for, and it's really very worth it... good price! I would have bought it as 'energy-saver' but it's a 3ft...

Im still trying to write my 'maintenance manual'... boring sia!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Hi wilsontantw,

Nice tank!

Cheers,

bgrking

hey bgrking... (burgerking? or boy-girl-relationship king?) haha

no offence ah, just kidding onli...

Thanks for ur compliments, i'm still struggling with phosphate and nitrate problem... sigh... (it's a classic case of loading too much, too soon).

So for the time being, NO MORE additions, until i control both of the above.

Saw you looking for tank mover recently... How's ur tank coming along?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Switch to Rowaphos lah, my phosphate went from reading 1 to 0.03 in 2 days. Now zero all the way liao.

So what's going to happen to the rest of my brand new BIG bottle of Sorb4?? BIG bottle wor!

:(

Really must trial and error, either upgrade a bigger FR or change to Rowa... haiya, now no time to think of this liao...

this morning woke up at 5am for photoshoot... just got back to office... super stoned now...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
So what's going to happen to the rest of my brand new BIG bottle of Sorb4?? BIG bottle wor!

:(

Really must trial and error, either upgrade a bigger FR or change to Rowa... haiya, now no time to think of this liao...

this morning woke up at 5am for photoshoot... just got back to office... super stoned now...

sell the bloody sorb4 lah or fry with vegetables! :idea:

• SRC Member

haha... my tank is progressing well... most equipment already bought. Now waiting for silicon to dry.

Any cheap light and cheap fan to recommend for sump to grow chaeto + getting rid of heat inside cabinet sump?

my next items to buy:

1. Rowaphos !

2. Carbon

3. Rings for filtration.

4. A few egg crates and mesh to DIY compartment seperation.

Shopping location? clementi c328 ! ahahaha

Cheers,

bgrking

• SRC Member
haha... my tank is progressing well... most equipment already bought. Now waiting for silicon to dry.

Any cheap light and cheap fan to recommend for sump to grow chaeto + getting rid of heat inside cabinet sump?

my next items to buy:

1. Rowaphos !

2. Carbon

3. Rings for filtration.

4. A few egg crates and mesh to DIY compartment seperation.

Shopping location? clementi c328 ! ahahaha

Cheers,

bgrking

dun use rings lah, nitrate factory in the long run.

• SRC Member
Serious?!?

Please advise what to use to replace the rings... because my compartment for that is quite spacious...

Thanks,

bgrking

Nothing but filter wool, lots of it. Dont put bioballs dont put rings. If u wanna put then every few weeks must take out all and wash which would kill all the benificiery bacteria thats good for the system. But if dont wash they'll start building up nitrates. So best is just good grade filter wool 3 4 layers and change every 2 weeks.

• SRC Member
Nothing but filter wool, lots of it. Dont put bioballs dont put rings. If u wanna put then every few weeks must take out all and wash which would kill all the benificiery bacteria thats good for the system. But if dont wash they'll start building up nitrates. So best is just good grade filter wool 3 4 layers and change every 2 weeks.

Issit possible if i put Live/Dead rock in the compartment instead? Or perhaps install some chaeto below the filter wool compartment?

Do you know where to get cheap clip-on lights sufficient for chaeto growth?

Lastly, a big thanks for your valuable inputs!

Cheers,

bgrking

• SRC Member
Issit possible if i put Live/Dead rock in the compartment instead? Or perhaps install some chaeto below the filter wool compartment?

Do you know where to get cheap clip-on lights sufficient for chaeto growth?

Lastly, a big thanks for your valuable inputs!

Cheers,

bgrking

aquastar yishun sells equipment at competitive prices can try there. Anyway the clipon type spotlight dont cost much, 10 dollars i think. Put chaeto under wool they cannot get light how to grow? Live or dead rocks under wool will trap diatoms,debris very dirty looking and maintenaince troublesome. Just invest in good skimmer and lots of wool. Cheers

• SRC Member
aquastar yishun sells equipment at competitive prices can try there. Anyway the clipon type spotlight dont cost much, 10 dollars i think. Put chaeto under wool they cannot get light how to grow? Live or dead rocks under wool will trap diatoms,debris very dirty looking and maintenaince troublesome. Just invest in good skimmer and lots of wool. Cheers

Pardon me, i was thinking if the chaeto can receive indirect lightings from the side will it still grow.

Cheers,

bgrking

hi bro,ur tank looking good.

watch closely on the zoas for nudis, since u got so much and so big colony :)

Hi there, simi is Nudis ah? (got pic reference not?)

So far, there zoas are doing fine... in fact, the light pink zoas wasn't doing well when i first bought, but when i brought home, it open much nicer than at LFS.

Actually not a lot of zoas leh... only 4 rocks of zoas...

:)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|