A new beginning

wilsontantw

Managed to find the RBTA!

It's located within the cave. But strangely, it got itself rooted upsidedown and well hidden inside the cave. I can just barely see it's red tentacles from the cave entrance.

Just hope it'll be there to recover, once okie, it'll come out...

Since it's stuck inside the cave of the base rock, i reckon there'll be no way to remove it.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Mmmm ... its really weird why your RBTA is hiding in a cave cos its in its nature to get good water flow and sufficient light both of which the cave u talking about inside the 'arena' is lacking. Monitor closely bro, next few days if the thing shrinks more n more remove it lah its not worth it.

Mmmm ... its really weird why your RBTA is hiding in a cave cos its in its nature to get good water flow and sufficient light both of which the cave u talking about inside the 'arena' is lacking. Monitor closely bro, next few days if the thing shrinks more n more remove it lah its not worth it.

Bro, beats me man!?!? I'm totally lost. And you know what's even more strange???

The other purple tip anemone that i have... shifted into another cave during the time when i was away.

That location, super low flow, super no lights... :(:(:(

The only good news is that it's still doing well, as the clowns are hosting it.

I'm considering plucking out the RBTA from the cave, but seriously, unless i have ultra long arms or do a major rescape, i really dunno how to remove it.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Managed to find the RBTA!

It's located within the cave. But strangely, it got itself rooted upsidedown and well hidden inside the cave. I can just barely see it's red tentacles from the cave entrance.

Just hope it'll be there to recover, once okie, it'll come out...

Since it's stuck inside the cave of the base rock, i reckon there'll be no way to remove it.

Don't worry bro, worst thing you can do is to try and pry the RBTA off the rock and out of the cave. It'll come out itself when it's comfortable. They need flow, but too much and they'll shift as well.

They like to have their foot placed in a cave away from direct flow and light, and extend the tentacles out. MY RBTA also rooted itself in a cave upside down and only came out after a week or two. Now it's already 2-3 times the size it was when I first got it. But it got upset when I changed the flow in the tank, and moved itself to another location. As long as you RBTA stays rooted to the same spot, it's happy, so don't mess with it.

What you can try and do is to target it a small piece of market prawn and see if it accepts it. If it does, that means its healthy. I've been target feeding mine everyday for the last 3 months.

Don't worry bro, worst thing you can do is to try and pry the RBTA off the rock and out of the cave. It'll come out itself when it's comfortable. They need flow, but too much and they'll shift as well.

They like to have their foot placed in a cave away from direct flow and light, and extend the tentacles out. MY RBTA also rooted itself in a cave upside down and only came out after a week or two. Now it's already 2-3 times the size it was when I first got it. But it got upset when I changed the flow in the tank, and moved itself to another location. As long as you RBTA stays rooted to the same spot, it's happy, so don't mess with it.

What you can try and do is to target it a small piece of market prawn and see if it accepts it. If it does, that means its healthy. I've been target feeding mine everyday for the last 3 months.

Thanks bro. Wah... you seriously target feed everyday? no wonder it grown 2-3 times the size.

I'll try to target feed it over the weekend. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Thanks bro. Wah... you seriously target feed everyday? no wonder it grown 2-3 times the size.

I'll try to target feed it over the weekend. :)

Yup, small piece of market prawn everyday. I cut up the prawn daily with a pair of scissors...each prawn lasts me a week or so...

Interesting is...It started off as a rose BTA. Now the tentacles remain rose coloured, but the body is green!

From this

DSC_0327-1.jpg

To this

DSC_0455-1.jpg

Yup, small piece of market prawn everyday. I cut up the prawn daily with a pair of scissors...each prawn lasts me a week or so...

Interesting is...It started off as a rose BTA. Now the tentacles remain rose coloured, but the body is green!

From this

DSC_0327-1.jpg

To this

DSC_0455-1.jpg

Cool!!! how i envy you, can see the Rose BTA (and can see it grow)... mine is now truly hidden in the cave... spent so much, yet dun even see it at all!

Like your bubble also, if you intend to sell, can let me know?? (or better still, where did you buy it ah? can pm me the price also?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Back to my RBTA, resorted to place a mirror just below the cave, to make sure that it's really hanging upside down (luckily it is).

Funny thing is that, now my mandarin/candy hog/clown use it as a mirror...

Mandarin really thinks that there's some stranger there, he practically spends all his time looking at his own reflection and flaring it's fin.

I call it mirror mirror on the floor.

post-13920-1206117937.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

New update over the weekend... (really love this colour!)

Managed to find this piece of RED mushies... :)

Counted like at least 5-7 polyps of various sizes on it.

Maybe it's a normal mushroom, but this bright red piece really added some nice colours to the tank.

Now, trying to hunt for some nice blue ones...

post-13920-1206378162.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

New CHAPTER!

After talking to some friends and much thoughts... i've decided to shift my tank!

As my trap to catch the candy hog is not working, i'll take this opportunity to do some major rescaping + catch that Bloody Irritating Territorial Candy Hog.

So, here's the current placement of my tank in the living room...

post-13920-1206378609.jpg

The tank is sitting like "not-here, not-there" along the wall, so, i think it only makes sense to shift it to somewhere that doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

Plan is to shift it approx 1m to the right + 50cm to the front.

post-13920-1206380444.jpg

With this new placement, the tank is shift to alongside the pillar.

It also has lotsa empty space behind the tank, which im intending to place Chiller (hot air will be facing outwards) + CR behind the tank.

However, one thing that i'll lose is 1 side of the view. No biggie i hope. In fact, think it'll be a lot easier to scape the tank. (plus placement of wave makers)

Any suggestions from anyone?

Here's my plan for this weekend.:

1) Friday night: remove all corals, transfer chiller + skimmer.

2) Saturday morning: remove all Live Rocks, siphon water.

3) Once done, all fish will be removed. (This is when the B.I.T.C.H will be caught and thrown into jail... anyone wants? FOC! But must come and help shift my tank! hahah...

4) Afterwhich, i'll be siphoning out the rest of the water into the big tub.

5) With just sand in main tank + sump... i intend to manually push the tank into it's new position.

post-13920-1206380142.jpg

Good thing i put 4 'cushion stoppers' at each of the 4 corners when i first got the tank.

This should ensure that the flooring will not be 'scratched'. And makes it easier to 'slide' into its new position.

Did i missed out anything? Really need help on this, as i know shifting tank is no joke. Any missed steps or wrongly planned, and it's either flooding or the entire tank will be wrecked!

More importantly... Any volunteers?

With this new shifting, i'm planning to offload some LPS... so please refer to my upcoming sales thread...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

I guess it should be fine except the side u lose viewing on u will have problems scrubbing off algae growth on the glass, when u doing your rescape try to leave sufficient gap between rocks and glass for that particular side. Or leave a gap in between that side and your pillar thats big enuf for ur glass magnet to move about.

For scaping i think u quite good at it but just remember to scape in such a way flow can reach most areas instead of having deadspots which build up nitrates and debris overtime. And i spoken to u b4 about your wiring and sump layout which needs improvement but that one i'll help u out after u do your tank moving and rescape lah. CR also if need help let me know. I have nothing much to do for mine liao in terms of equipment so quite free. Fishes try to catch out put in sump while scaping btw .... i lost my sohal n naso by stressing it during one of my many rescapes!

And oh, when rescaping also factor in the placement plus directional flow of ur wavemakers hor ...

Thanks bro!

The inspiration are all, like for SPS sia... not really for me (yet).

Besides, all so big tank, mine only maciam like a cube leh.

I have some ideas in mind liao... hehe... but dunno how feasible it is...

chances are, will need to use some epoxy plus piping + egg crates.

Need to buy more pieces of flat rocks (various sizes) also.

The way i see it, i'll be up all night from friday till saturday for the shifting plus scaping...

Btw, if you can, help me keep your LPS for one more week can? After this rescape, i think will have more space to stock! hehe.

thanx man.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

I can help you on saturday.

Hey, not flying huh? Eh, if you can, and if your CO dun mind... please drop by... i need all the hands i can find! I think pushing the tank should be no problem, coz i did try the last time to do some minor shifting.

I think the painful part is the scaping. Right now still can't firm up what i want to do.

A friend just gave me another suggestion to a new spot... i'm considering...

Giving myself the next 3 days to evaluate then decide.

Once done, we can go for a good dinner, on me!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

All the best to your shifing...

sorry i am busy during weekend..

But seem like there are lots of kind soul here willing to helpout!

Hey sunny, thanks for dropping by the thread again. :)

Weekends are really precious man, so no worries about it. Eniram is a close buddy... his CO and my CO are childhood friends. And apparently we didn't know each other are into marine until recently he visited us during CNY and saw my tank.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Yea...i can help but what time do you intend to do the shifting? My wife is on morning shift till late afternoon. So do let me know how i can assist you.

Yea...i can help but what time do you intend to do the shifting? My wife is on morning shift till late afternoon. So do let me know how i can assist you.

I'll sms u on fri night. in case last minute change of plans.. and have to postpone the shifting of tank.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Friends... fellow reefers!

Today 26 March 2008 is a good day! Very good day for me!

Why you ask...

1) It's pay day! C'mon, every payday is a good day! Despite the fact that the moment we get it, we gotta spend half of it to pay credit cards/ loans/ bills and what have you.

2) My 'hiding' RBTA is finally out in the open! It's so much easier to target feed it now...

Look closer, you'll find it near the big fat YT.

post-13920-1206549926.jpg

Here it is, my mandarin is trying its best to get out of frame (this mandarin is totally camera shy).

post-13920-1206549162.jpg

3) THIS MADE MY DAY!

After 3 days of setting up the trap, the B.I.T.C.H. finally got complacent, and tried to challenge it's 'imaginary rival' for one moment too long, and i managed to close the trap door in time!

post-13920-1206549916.jpg

Hahahaha...

post-13920-1206549141.jpg

Anyone wants a candy hog??? FOC one! (see marketplace thread)

Today is a really good day!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

unfortunately busy these days, couldnt help you.

but if u need those suction thingy(those used by tank mover) for tank repositioning, can get it from me.

btw, i only got one but still its a handy tool.

let me know if you even need it. ;)

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

unfortunately busy these days, couldnt help you.

but if u need those suction thingy(those used by tank mover) for tank repositioning, can get it from me.

btw, i only got one but still its a handy tool.

let me know if you even need it. ;)

Thanks so much bro! may i know where do you stay? (just in case i may need it).

As my tank is relatively small, (2.5x2x2), i actually intend to shift the entire tank+stand together... like push it at the main bone.

Bad idea you think?

I'm going to do that slowly and steadily, after i remove all the water (including the sump).

Will try to see if i can keep the LR in the tank while moving. If cannot, sigh, then have to remove them piece by piece. which is going to be a major 'backache'.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Thanks so much bro! may i know where do you stay? (just in case i may need it).

As my tank is relatively small, (2.5x2x2), i actually intend to shift the entire tank+stand together... like push it at the main bone.

Bad idea you think?

I'm going to do that slowly and steadily, after i remove all the water (including the sump).

Will try to see if i can keep the LR in the tank while moving. If cannot, sigh, then have to remove them piece by piece. which is going to be a major 'backache'.

hmmm i will not go for that, who knows during or after shifting, one of ur tank feet get slanted abit, causing uneven load distribution, stress concentration etc.

even if want to push, try to remove whenever you can and try to have 2 guys lift it up by the side abit with u pushing it to reduce some stress on the stand.

happy reefing mate, all the best in the shifting.

i stay in the west, though i know u stay in the east. just drop me a pm, im sure i can work things out with you if u ever need it.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

hmmm i will not go for that, who knows during shifting, one of ur tank feet get slanted abit, causing uneven load distribution, stress concentration etc.

even if want to push, try to remove whenever you can and try to have one guy lift it up abit to reduce some stress on the stand.

cheers mate, all the best in the shifting.

i stay in the west, though i know u stay in the east. just drop me a pm, im sure i can work things out with you if u ever need it.

I've got these at all 4 corners... you think they'll help?

Thanks dude, i'll pm u tmrw with my mobile. i actually work ard leng kee road... like u said, i'm sure we can work something out before saturday.

Very grateful for the offer. Thanx again.

post-13920-1206556998.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
I've got these at all 4 corners... you think they'll help?

Thanks dude, i'll pm u tmrw with my mobile. i actually work ard leng kee road... like u said, i'm sure we can work something out before saturday.

Very grateful for the offer. Thanx again.

i think they do help by saving some effort by pushing it and reduce some nasty scratch marks on ur flooring! lucky u place it before hand. smart. i did too :lol:

leng kee road, some of the reefers works there as well.

alrite mate, just pm ur number to me and see how things goes.