A new beginning

wilsontantw

bro.. guess yu can add more fish..

does a purple tang sounds good? haha...

just not sure if my YT or BT will whack it lah. the BT has been pretty aggressive lately.

my purple firefish has been having torn tail lately.

I believe it is the BT's work.

from the looks of it, i should be able to get 1 more tang or maybe 2 more smaller ones.

I have some ideas to create more space for some corals liao... hopefully tomorrow can find time to shift a little.

Otherwise, really have to sell some of the bigger LPS.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

purple tang will be the aggressor of the 3 if u do add one. Of cos size matters too, wanna add one better be smaller than the rest. Why not add gobbies or a flame hawk instead? Too many tangs and too many corals = lots of chasing around and things knocked over just my opinion. Bartlett's Anthias are nice fishes to have too .. heres a pic. I intend to get a few soon ... once my wallet recovers its thickness hehe :eyebrow:

post-6513-1208635603.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks for the kind words. :D

Hope u like the food.

U wanna add in more fishes ar ? maybe try wrasse or anthias lor.

too big and if they fight around in ur tank, they will topple your corals.haha.

anthias' coloration under MH also very nice.but just need to get them feeding cos normally they are hard-to-feed if they

are alone or face aggression in your tank(in fact most fishes).

CHeers. :D

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

purple tang will be the aggressor of the 3 if u do add one. Of cos size matters too, wanna add one better be smaller than the rest. Why not add gobbies or a flame hawk instead? Too many tangs and too many corals = lots of chasing around and things knocked over just my opinion. Bartlett's Anthias are nice fishes to have too .. heres a pic. I intend to get a few soon ... once my wallet recovers its thickness hehe :eyebrow:

Hmm... but i find the colouration of PT very nice, thought it'll blend well in the tank.

Anyway, i've got bad experiences with Anthias, as much as i love their colours, think i'll 'pass' on them.

Sigh, wrasse, also not really my cup of tea. (now am thinking of catching the ruby head, coz it's getting fatter and fatter liao)... haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Thanks for the kind words. :D

Hope u like the food.

U wanna add in more fishes ar ? maybe try wrasse or anthias lor.

too big and if they fight around in ur tank, they will topple your corals.haha.

anthias' coloration under MH also very nice.but just need to get them feeding cos normally they are hard-to-feed if they

are alone or face aggression in your tank(in fact most fishes).

CHeers. :D

Hey RX, you're too kind lah!

Anyway, like i told bro soul, anthias, dunno why, dun like my tank leh. Mine was okie for awhile, feeding alittle, then suddenly decided to do a Chee S00n Ju@n, and go on hunger strike... after that, just die to natural death. Sigh.

My Suns LOVE your food man! the Super Sun is opening during the day liao, you must drop by my place one of these days and see it.

The fish are also feeding on it.

I'll try for a couple more weeks, and will update again.

Thanks again man!

Oh forgot to add, save your blue staghorn for me hor... i'm slowly getting my tank SPS-ed.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

I like your assorted mushrooms rock. I saw a few in GO yesterday, and was tempted to get one, but they are quite huge, and couldn't fit into my tank. :snore:

Actually, mine's made up of many many small pieces of mushies, i just place them onto different pieces of LR.

:)

Quite coincidently, i went to GO this afternoon (hehe, for the first time), and was very impressed with his LPS stocks.

Saw the rock that you mentioned. Very nice... all the assorted mushies on one rock, very colourful, very similar to mine... But i didn't ask him how much la. (come to think of it, i should have ah... check out 'market price')

Another first... And i bought my first SPS there. A green table acro.

Not sure if it's a good sign, it was slime-ing for awhile when i placed it in tank... after about 30 mins, it stopped... and the polyps open...

Share some pix... (taken with N95)

post-13920-1208699604.jpg

post-13920-1208699619.jpg

post-13920-1208699630.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

A new addition, a new FTS...

Taken with 14KK 250W + 2x24W ATI BluePlus

Did some minor rescaping after buying my first piece of SPS (table acro).

post-13920-1208706531.jpg

At the top: Lime green fungi + multi-plate red Monti + purple monti (hidden) + luminous green monti (hidden) + new Table Acro.

On the left: Some unknown SPS (given) + suns (orange/black/pink/super) + candy cane (given) + 2x lobo.

On the right: assorted zoas + open brain + crocea

At the bottom: assorted mushrooms + 2 fungi

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Thats not a table acro and be careful hor its so near the elegance coral. All it takes is one sting to activate RTN ...

it looks near, but actually quite a distance away.

btw, what's this species ah? thought he told me its table acro.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Some new equipment...

post-13920-1208708576.jpg

Added a 2nd hand ozoniser (Aquamedic) protected by ziplock bag! - Have a question for those using the same one, there're 2 outputs... do i need to seal off one of it?? I'm currently connecting one of the output into the Skimmer input.

post-13920-1208708566.jpg

This, made controlling lighting timing so much easier. One single timer, controlling 3 separate outputs. 15 programmable settings. (Now i'm only using 3).

Superb value for money! (Thanks to sonic_frank for introducing this wonderful piece of equipment).

Previously using 3 x analogue timers to control Moonlight, T5 and MH... all running separately, different timing circuits...

Now, all 3 running on the same timing circuit, no more missing overlaps.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Some new equipment...

Added a 2nd hand ozoniser (Aquamedic) protected by ziplock bag! - Have a question for those using the same one, there're 2 outputs... do i need to seal off one of it?? I'm currently connecting one of the output into the Skimmer input.

This, made controlling lighting timing so much easier. One single timer, controlling 3 separate outputs. 15 programmable settings. (Now i'm only using 3).

Superb value for money! (Thanks to sonic_frank for introducing this wonderful piece of equipment).

Previously using 3 x analogue timers to control Moonlight, T5 and MH... all running separately, different timing circuits...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

???? Mmmm ozonizer suppose to use with airpump, air from airpump feed to input nipple then output nipple goes to ur skimmer. And i dont know if the model u bot is adjustable for the amt of ozonized air but dont overdose!! Skimmer body will turn brown n the sps wont like it.

???? Mmmm ozonizer suppose to use with airpump, air from airpump feed to input nipple then output nipple goes to ur skimmer. And i dont know if the model u bot is adjustable for the amt of ozonized air but dont overdose!! Skimmer body will turn brown n the sps wont like it.

Ahhhh!!!! knew something's missing lah! TMD, which is the input and which is output sia?!?! Dammit, now must go buy an airpump?!?

Yes, this model is adjustable type... i'm going really slllllooooowwww... the ozoniser is set at super low rate now.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Nah manual ... i go watch movie liao have fun reading http://www.aqua-medic.de/en/service/pdfs/o...%20_202.00_.pdf Oh yah almost forgot, tubing from the ozonizer going to the skimmer must use CO2 type of tubing dont use the normal silicon type will become poisonous in the long run. 1 pack of CO2 tubing about 4-5 bucks. Some places sell in meters can try asking. I suggest buying the whole packet lah u gonna need it for ur CR soon anyway.

Nah manual ... i go watch movie liao have fun reading http://www.aqua-medic.de/en/service/pdfs/o...%20_202.00_.pdf Oh yah almost forgot, tubing from the ozonizer going to the skimmer must use CO2 type of tubing dont use the normal silicon type will become poisonous in the long run. 1 pack of CO2 tubing about 4-5 bucks. Some places sell in meters can try asking. I suggest buying the whole packet lah u gonna need it for ur CR soon anyway.

thanks a lot bro! this is really good help! I've temporary disconnect it, until i get the necessary supporting equipment. Seems like next on the list is ORP controller hor... haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Some new equipment...

Bro

Where did you get the timer from and the price? Very keen to get 1. Can PM me?

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Hey RX, you're too kind lah!

Anyway, like i told bro soul, anthias, dunno why, dun like my tank leh. Mine was okie for awhile, feeding alittle, then suddenly decided to do a Chee S00n Ju@n, and go on hunger strike... after that, just die to natural death. Sigh.

My Suns LOVE your food man! the Super Sun is opening during the day liao, you must drop by my place one of these days and see it.

The fish are also feeding on it.

I'll try for a couple more weeks, and will update again.

Thanks again man!

Oh forgot to add, save your blue staghorn for me hor... i'm slowly getting my tank SPS-ed.

haha...good to know a reefer who treats his fishes well.becos brineshrimp is not enough for these fishes to bring out their coloring. just share with u.

those salmon u bought from market are farm-breed. u can see their colors are so "ang ang", is becos they fed them with chemicals so that the meat looks red and fresh.

they did that becos few years back, these captive-breed fishes lose their colors easily over the years.

that's why i starting researching into what these fishes need and their diet to start this food trade. trying to create a diet close to their nature diet. :D

and the joy is to see them happily feeding.a lot of science is involved and really take a long time to come out with this.:D

glad to know the sun corals love them. kinda reminds me of my sun corals. :cry:

used to have a big group of sun corals which are feed until fat fat.hahahaha..

haha...so fast aiming for my blue staghorn liao. haha. :eyebrow: