My 9002 RSM tank

Jameshong

Hi all,

I have finally incorporated the Tunze and DIYed IFS system into my 6 month old RSM tank :eyebrow: .

All comments and feedback are welcome :bow: !

90021.jpg

RSM_TUNZE.jpg

Tunze.jpg

Live 9002 in action...

th_MOV00120.jpg

th_MOV00121.jpg

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Great DIY job sia...

Pro standard...

agree that it is a great DIY job. i believe the RSM owners will soon approach you fro advices.

what is your stand on the 9002 versus the red sea skimmer? any microbubbles issues?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

wooo.. great DIY ;)

btw, i was wondering why i can't see the videos, the link sent me to the homepage instead and from the look at the skimmate, it sure look promising!

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

agree that it is a great DIY job. i believe the RSM owners will soon approach you fro advices.

what is your stand on the 9002 versus the red sea skimmer? any microbubbles issues?

No microbubble :eyebrow: ! IMHO...Tunze 9002 is far better than RSM original skimmer :evil: .

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

wooo.. great DIY ;)

btw, i was wondering why i can't see the videos, the link sent me to the homepage instead and from the look at the skimmate, it sure look promising!

sorry..I also dun why :pinch: ?

any other way to post video link :evil: ?

This is the skimmate after 14hrs..

Simmate24hrs.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Is that a leather coral perched on the side glass? How did it get there?

How long have you had this tank? Nice coralline algae growth on the back of the tank. ^_^

That is Green Carpet Anemone and it stick there by itself lor :eyebrow: !

The tank is almost 6 months lo :rolleyes: .

• SRC Member

nice onz dude! esp the red red patches at the back and on the rocks...

share with us...on your husbandry.... :D

and if not wrong...SPS can make it with PL lights??

nice onz dude! esp the red red patches at the back and on the rocks...

share with us...on your husbandry.... :D

and if not wrong...SPS can make it with PL lights??

Nothing special as I only topping up by using ReefMax ABCDEF additives n the coraline aglae keep on growing :eyebrow: !

Regards to SPS...they are only survive n grow if you place them below the PL light not more than 20cm with good flow :whistle . I have tried below that and end up the SPS brown off and become white :cry2: .

• SRC Member
Nothing special as I only topping up by using ReefMax ABCDEF additives n the coraline aglae keep on growing :eyebrow: !

Regards to SPS...they are only survive n grow if you place them below the PL light not more than 20cm with good flow :whistle . I have tried below that and end up the SPS brown off and become white :cry2: .

COOL! maybe i give it TRY next time... :D thanks dude!

I'm thinking of modify my current RSM's moonlight to stronger N brighter LED with better wider spread.

Do anyone know which shop in Sim Lin selling high power LED :whistle ?

I need 2 ~3 pieces...prefer blue with 0.5 ~1 watt output :rolleyes: !

• 2 weeks later...

Some update...

Remove the original canopy and replaced new purchased Solite 2ft Mh with 2 T5HO.

Picture will be update after afew days late when all corals get use to the new lighting :D

Some update...

Remove the original canopy and replaced new purchased Solite 2ft Mh with 2 T5HO.

Picture will be update after afew days late when all corals get use to the new lighting :D

FTS under Actinic....

DSC01006.jpg

Radioactive birdnest under Actinic light...

DSC01013.jpg

After 6 months....this is the 2nd time doing the parameter check for my RSM...

Temperature 26°C

Alkalinity KH 10 meq/L

Calicum CA 400 mg/L

Magnesium MG 1380 mg/L

Nitrate NO2 0.05 mg/L

Phosphate PO4 0 mg/L

Nitrite NO3 0 mg/L

Ammonia NH3 0

pH 8.25

Salinity 1025

Parameter still not bad although the CA n MG is slightly low... .

anyway, I have already boosted up both to 450mg/L n 1440mg/L liao before this posting :D !

• SRC Supporter

Wah..great!!!!

Let me know how much u got your light set..thx :)

My little ocean
Mix Reef-Main tank 30 inches Length x 32 inches Width x 18 inches Height
2 X Skim DC return pump
Aquabee 2000 chiller feeder

Hailea 1/2 Chiller
1 X Tunze nano wavebox

2 X EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10W
Deltec skimmer - Internal
Lumenarc 400watt 12K Reeflux

8 X T5 ATI Powermodule
Prolifux control with external touchscreen display
Refugium keeping chaeto

• SRC Member

Bro, you think the glass can withstand the weight of the lightset? I am tempted to change the lights on my RSM as well as I feel it is too weak and alot of my corals are showing color loss..... My only worry is the 8mm glass might not be able to support the weight and crack under pressure.