anemone

ah fat

Just bought a normal BTA yesterday.

Moved around for half a day, got a few tentacles ripped off by the filter which i forget to cover.

Now its has been siiting at the same position for nearly a day already ever since my maroon decides to make it home.

Is it stable already?

The position isnt exactly one with the most light and flow. instead nearly the lowest light and flow in the tank.

post-8445-1205729892.jpg

• SRC Member

From the pic, I do not think so... 'cos a look at the footing of the anemone will show that it has not take rooting.... Since the anemone decide to "rest" there, means the possiblitlites is there.... Your picture did not reveal any wavemaker so can't really tell... Anyway, it will know how to satisfy itself so perhap just monitor the situation will do... Do take note not to change wavemaker, lightings location when it settle 'cos this will cause anemone to move again..... Some small feedings will encourage the anemone to stay at selected location, provide the lightings and flow is what the anemone accept.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

From the pic, I do not think so... 'cos a look at the footing of the anemone will show that it has not take rooting.... Since the anemone decide to "rest" there, means the possiblitlites is there.... Your picture did not reveal any wavemaker so can't really tell... Anyway, it will know how to satisfy itself so perhap just monitor the situation will do... Do take note not to change wavemaker, lightings location when it settle 'cos this will cause anemone to move again..... Some small feedings will encourage the anemone to stay at selected location, provide the lightings and flow is what the anemone accept.

thanks a lot?

how to see whether it has taken rooting?

also, will clown hosting in it cause it to be less stress and stay put?

• SRC Member

Have u seen anemone in an establish tank before? Observe it and u can tell. Hard to describe. Mine has not moved since day 1, I put him there... It "stick" firmly.

Stress or not... u be the judge.... Firstly, u have to judge whether the size of anemone and the clown. Then, how is the clown behaviour towards the anemone... At times, the clown can be behaving "rough" towards the anemone.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

my apologies to hijack this tread, would like to ask if i have a similar piece and want to remove it, how do i go abt it?

will pulling it off the sand bed injure it?

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

my apologies to hijack this tread, would like to ask if i have a similar piece and want to remove it, how do i go abt it?

will pulling it off the sand bed injure it?

if its on the sandbed i supposed you should scoop it up with the bit of sand on its foot and place it on the rocks..

it will reattach to the rocks aft that

if on the rock i supposed should use powerhead to make it relocate

im also newbie in this.. so not very sure.. ha

• SRC Member
if its on the sandbed i supposed you should scoop it up with the bit of sand on its foot and place it on the rocks..

it will reattach to the rocks aft that

if on the rock i supposed should use powerhead to make it relocate

im also newbie in this.. so not very sure.. ha

thanks, will try that, but the problem is, part of it is on the sand bed, part of it is on the rock.. and my sand bed is 4 inch thick... :pinch:

• SRC Member
thanks, will try that, but the problem is, part of it is on the sand bed, part of it is on the rock.. and my sand bed is 4 inch thick... :pinch:

bad news, i went to touch it, tried to get it out, it disappeared into the sea bed instead, now cant even see where it is... moved the sand sway still cant see... :huh::huh::huh:

• SRC Member
bad news, i went to touch it, tried to get it out, it disappeared into the sea bed instead, now cant even see where it is... moved the sand sway still cant see... :huh::huh::huh:

Amazing, the anemone surfaced again, at the same place... :shock:

Just bought a normal BTA yesterday.

Moved around for half a day, got a few tentacles ripped off by the filter which i forget to cover.

Now its has been siiting at the same position for nearly a day already ever since my maroon decides to make it home.

Is it stable already?

The position isnt exactly one with the most light and flow. instead nearly the lowest light and flow in the tank.

Mine, move around the tank very often, initially. Carry on for about few months. Finally, 1 day it was found holed up in some unthinkable place, very little light and water movement. Following that, I move the rock with the anemone gripping on it to a place with better lighting but very little current movement and target feed it. Has been there for some months already and playing with my fire clown day and night. Sometime, the clown with snatch food for the anemone.

Hope it help. :rolleyes:

just shifted the anemone. rotated the rock to face the front.

my maroon clown hosting on it.. but its snatching food from it instead of sharing food with it.

anyway, the clown gets extremely hostile when it has a anemone home. mine is the only fish in the tank.. but he is attacking the hermit crab when ever he see it now

Not very sure if mine is doing ok.

Some of the tentacles looks like the sharp heads gone.

does it looks ok?

Anemone looks ok, lel. I think your tank nitrates is around 0ppm. Try feeding it. Like human, deprive of food we don't survive well or long enough.