Advise on Mushrooms

dragonfly_sg

i've never seen white mushrooms before.. i think they're bleached right?

It's not bleach actually, when it's all strech out it's actually whitish translucent. When there is strong light, it will strink up and it becomes really white.

At first I though I had some kind of fungus or something, but the structure look the same as a mushroom. Then one day, saw two on a rock being sold in AM. I guess it would be better for me to take a picture of this fella, maybe I probably mis-identified it ...... :rolleyes: who knows :)

It's not bleach actually, when it's all strech out it's actually whitish translucent. When there is strong light, it will strink up and it becomes really white.

At first I though I had some kind of fungus or something, but the structure look the same as a mushroom. Then one day, saw two on a rock being sold in AM. I guess it would be better for me to take a picture of this fella, maybe I probably mis-identified it ...... :rolleyes: who knows :)

Err... i dun think they're supposed to be white.... I had some purple ones that got blown under the LR. 2 months later when I managed to get it out, it's white, like what u described. But after being exposed to the light, the purple pigments gradually came back. So I supposed it's been bleached.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
I have 1 white with abit green (white 90% green 10%) think it hard light cause I put quite high to top for bright and it...... gone:(

Gone? Dun think that's it gone...u can actually bring back the coloration with proper water parameters. there's one thing i note that with inconsistent water temp and too strong lighting, corals will bleach. in fact, there are not actually GONE. u can bring the colors back again. So dun assume that it dies off.

Hope these helps!

Regards,

Wil

• SRC Member
Yeah man I found it it go under the LR think it dont like bright light still white in color with a bit green

wow, see...if u look in my tank..u see some mushies...inside my hole, some at the side..but still growing...so no worries! :D

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member
wow, see...if u look in my tank..u see some mushies...inside my hole, some at the side..but still growing...so no worries! :D

I also encounter the same problem with my super green mushrooms. Noticed the polyps start to turn translucent.

I have shifted them to a lower position and put some iodine. Hopefully they will be better. :(

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
I also encounter the same problem with my super green mushrooms. Noticed the polyps start to turn translucent.

I have shifted them to a lower position and put some iodine. Hopefully they will be better. :(

I have found the source of bleaching problem. It's the pH level. Thanks to experienced auntie at Wong Loy Kee aquarium. :thanks:

Add pH buffer and reef builder to raise yr pH level to 8.1-8.4.

l7304smr.jpg