Rainbar

Sinn

• SRC Member

I tried it before. Lasted about 2 months then got so clogged up that I gave up. If you intend to use one, it will require a lot of regular cleaning.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

ok thanx

btw tanzy...

what have u nver tried before?

cud u start a new forum stating everything that u have tried before and how effective it was to save us the trouble of coming out wiff ideas and experimenting it to see if its works

:D

• SRC Member

I come up with weird ideas all the time but 99% fail or are unfeasible. As a result of this, I have a lot of junk.

I can't remember all the things I've attempted or modified on my tank. I've never used a refugium before because I don't have the space.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Oh no....

For my eheim 2213, I've connected its supplied rainbow at bottom of tank to create some water circulation under those liverocks.

Its been there 3 months already.

So its going to clog soon ?

So far for all the lfs using cannister I've come across, they never use rainbar and just connect the output near the surface.

Is my rainbar setup unnecessary ?

thanks.

• SRC Member

ong,

IMO, the cloggin will start when the calcarous algae starts to grow on it.. and will put a strain on your filter if the outflow is kinda restricted. u might want to consider placing it somewhere near where u can do some form of cleaning.

Tanzy,

u did not fail 99% but merely ideas that did not work out well as expected... yeah, perhaps u can list out some ideas as what sinn had mentioned... hehehe.. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

not to mention only failure....much $$$ as well. :lol:

Tanzy- i prefer to phrase it as trial & error or R&D

onghm- u got a rainbow in your tank? :D

usually a 2213 outflow very weak, so ppl just place output at surface for oxygen exchange or a little current- directing your rainbar towards surface does that too.

u will know its clogged if u got it somewhere u can keep an eye on it.

• SRC Member

oops, bawater, well spotted.

I don't want to have anything to do with rainbow man :)

thanks for all your input.

Probably will dismantle the rainbar and just leave the output near the surface.

Do you guys normally place powerhead near bottom of tank for extra circulation ?

Or would 2 600 l/h powerheads at surface be sufficient for 1.5ft tall tank ?

• SRC Member

At both sides(3-4" below surface) pointing at each other, & when u do some thing to your tank(whenever-daily,weekly,fortnite) change the position of the powerheads. i have 3, 2 at each other & 1 pointing towards bottom of opposite tnk corner so waterflow goes round the back of rockwork.

• SRC Member

My fishes will go infront of a powerhead once in a while to surf. B)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
3v|L,Dec 20 2002, 12:51 AM]when the water splashes down will they spinkle on the glass surface and into salt?

put the rain bar just below the water level and have the water pointing just a bit upwards. no water will splash but you will see water wave on the surface.

• SRC Member
well.. the weight of the water going thru the rainbar will make it point DOWN...

cant seem to make it point upwards...

any suggestions ?

huh? what u mean? the whole rainbar go downwards?

once i position the holes on the rainbar to point up, it will stay that way unless i adjust it.

• SRC Member
3v|L,Dec 20 2002, 01:18 AM]hey wat fishes like to surf? or all?

not in the sense where they use surfboards and all.. but they like the current coming towards them.. in the wild, that is where the food comes along.. my fishes always swim up to the outlet of the pump..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.