Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• SRC Member
should be a Paracheilinus filamentosus, Filamented Flasher Wrasse (if i'm not wrong)

to go along with the old resident, the McCosker's Flasher Wrasse..

wow see those flasher wrasse like yours makes me wanna add a collection to my tank... nice!!!!! :yeah:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
thank you bro Kelvin, glad to know that the frags are growing well for you.. :)

Roger! long time no see, are you coming back to marine already..? no wrasse collection can match your previous tank! it was my inspiration!

coming soon, look see look see first :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
wow see those flasher wrasse like yours makes me wanna add a collection to my tank... nice!!!!! :yeah:

i seem to be poisoned by wrasse lately too.. :eyebrow:

Hi, I noticed that you are using black sand. Any disadvantages of using that as I may be planning to use black sand for my tank.

:thanks:

hi bro Earth, so far i don't see any disadvantage, except that it doesn't reflect light as well as white sand, thus making the tank look slightly dimmer towards the bottom, but not a big issue in my opinion.. :)

the reason i used black sand is because it gives a feeling of depth and 'cave', making my tank look bigger and deeper than what it is.. :)

coming soon, look see look see first :eyebrow:

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

just using this to keep track of my tanks whenever something new happens.. no new additions, but some good news.. :idea:

rbta splitted from 2 to become 5 now.. :) thus a lousy photo taken just to keep track..

post-9599-1267536760_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

thanks for your feedback bro

no problem bro, hope the corals bloom big big in ur tank, nice meeting u.. :)

• SRC Member

today is Good Friday 2010, marks the 2 year anniversary of our marine setup. :)

sad to say, we are decomm-ing all three tanks, refurnishing the whole area and coming back with new tanks soon..

final look at them for now.. :thanks:

post-9599-12702157251778_thumb.jpg

post-9599-12702159046404_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

FTS of my dad's tank:

post-9599-12702161569047_thumb.jpg

his residents:

powder blue, tough nut, only eats seaweed, but at least its feeding now..:)

post-9599-12702161999395_thumb.jpg

purple tang, nice and stable, very long resident.. :)

post-9599-12702162230873_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

some residents in my tank:

percula pair, with me for 2 years.. still gonna keep them.. :)

post-9599-12702162853131_thumb.jpg

firefish pair, recent aquisition.. :)

post-9599-12702163109866_thumb.jpg

caught this cute Randall's goby coming out to feed.. :)

post-9599-12702164108645_thumb.jpgpost-9599-12702164152265_thumb.jpgpost-9599-12702164211753_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

WOW Vtec!!!! NICE look.. you're decomming?! But never mind.. you're coming back soon with newer and better tanks and system.... I can't wait to see the whole brand new setup? Any idea what it's gonna be like? ONE HUGE tank or 2 seperate ones? This is gonna be one new POWER setup. :)))))

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

WOW Vtec!!!! NICE look.. you're decomming?! But never mind.. you're coming back soon with newer and better tanks and system.... I can't wait to see the whole brand new setup? Any idea what it's gonna be like? ONE HUGE tank or 2 seperate ones? This is gonna be one new POWER setup. :)))))

Cheers,

Desi

haha i'm not Vtec sis.. i'm vt_snowman haha.. yes we are decomming but definitely coming back soon, real soon.. :) not power la, i'm still learning everyday, this is a never ending hobby.. :thanks:

it will be 2 separate tanks combined into common sump! yet again! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Beautiful tanks... if the new setup is coming soon, why don't you borrow some big blue tubs to temporary house your stuff till its ready? It'll be a pity to let go of these...

we will be keeping a holding tank to hold frags of our favourites, as well as a few of my fishes..

main point why we dun want to keep whole colony in holding tub is because, with the change in water chemistry and poor conditions, the colours might not hold, and we'll be putting these beauties to waste.. might as well sell them off to someone who appreciates and can take care of them.. :):):)

• SRC Member

Can't wait to see your new setup, bro! Great father & son team! ^_^

thanks bro, long time no see, i see your zoa collection is becoming more and more boomz.. :)

very nice tank + corals you and your dad have.

camping for new setup!

thanks bro, i will update you guys when i start building my new setup.. :)

impressive and no wonder you are selling all ur stuff...

am sure you guys will come back with even more powerful stuff!

good luck.

i sure hope so too! haha.. setting up is the most fun part of this hobby to me.. :)

nice pair of true percs you got there

thanks.. they are cute little buggers, grown attached to them.. :)

wow... big project... Your tank setup is one of the nicest I've seen around among the reefers... :)

see you around this Sunday.

cya tml bro, pls dun say that, i'm still learning from many reefers here.. cheers! :)