Keep SPS with NSW with vibrant color

• SRC Member

Been Using NSW for quite some time. . . No issues . . . U however need to maintain your KH/MG/CA concentration closely . . .

And do not store NSW in air tight environment . . Best to use it on the same day you bought it. . . . or store in a huge pail with a pump or Aerator running. . .

• 1 month later...
Been Using NSW for quite some time. . . No issues . . . U however need to maintain your KH/MG/CA concentration closely . . .

And do not store NSW in air tight environment . . Best to use it on the same day you bought it. . . . or store in a huge pail with a pump or Aerator running. . .

2nded copperband, been using NSW for my mix reef since Feb last year (life of my new tank). Do water change every wk at 50 lts, with a raise of sg from 1.020 to 1.024 with TM salt preferred (just three cup to maintain KH/MG/CA)

Attached of my FTS taken on Nov last year.

19-12-07_1714.jpg

Mix reef-Main tank 3x2.5x2.5ftA

TI 3ft 8tube

Hitachi compressor unit 1HP

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

1 x Coral Lab CR with Ph controller; 1X AquaMedic Kalk Reactor top off

Baby fish dosing kh/Sr&Kcl/mg

DI water thru kalkwasser

1 x Skimz Fr with BRS gfo

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

Sump 3x1.5ft plumbed together with;

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

Thanks JuzzMarine,

the latest photos taken last week of my 5 footers FTS at left and right. But sps look not really hold a good colour due to high nutrient of NO3 at 5-10ppm believed to be high porosity of live rock accumulated detritus or NSW itself hard to maintain low nutrient? No problem with growth and PE.

P1070415.jpgP1070416.jpg

TI 3ft 8tube

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

DI water thru kalkwasser

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

Beautiful :ooh:

I see that you have a bare bottom tank? Did you add additives to compensate NSW? i'm currently cycling my 15 gal nano bare bottom using NSW and planning to keep SPS. Though i know iwarna uses NSW and has nice tank but i want more opinion that it can be done and i'm sold! Thanks Thairun :)

Apart of my bare bottom main tank, I run a 2.5'X2.5' cube DSB refugium with algae and 100's of mangroves to curb zero phoshpate but :cry2: sadly not nitrate. Also, I run another a fragging tank 3 footers to make a total of 1000ltrs system.

In every batch of water brought by my LFS, I will check once all parameters so necessary additives will be added accordingly beside to assure the pureness integrity. Mainly I put particular attention to the KH/MG/CA additives. Most of the time it comes at natural state and I raise to 20% more. Ever I raised more than that and resulted in snow storm (marble theory?)

I use kalk reactor for my DI top-off water to compensate my 2XCR (Coral Lab and Korallin) at effluent of ph 6.2- 6.5. Some MG granule added in the Korallin to cope up with heavy intake of my coralline algae and corals. I drip kh builder and strontium when necessary and add coralvit, amino acid and iodine weekly.

I think that will help you forsee the attention needed for NSW in MHO. It always hard to get a good batch of water at zero TDS! Use to be at 10 to 20ppm, fyi.

Am still in a direction in learning wave action and lighting regiment to bring sps colour <_<

Happy reefing!

TI 3ft 8tube

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

DI water thru kalkwasser

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Beautiful :ooh:

I see that you have a bare bottom tank? Did you add additives to compensate NSW? i'm currently cycling my 15 gal nano bare bottom using NSW and planning to keep SPS. Though i know iwarna uses NSW and has nice tank but i want more opinion that it can be done and i'm sold! Thanks Thairun :)

Good Day:

Noted you mention lfs brought nsw to your place. May i know how much they chg u for that srv? Do you get them to maintain your tank?

Thx

Good Day:

Noted you mention lfs brought nsw to your place. May i know how much they chg u for that srv? Do you get them to maintain your tank?

Thx

Sorry, it typo error. I mean bought from lfs :bow: for a cost of $2 per jerry can. That mean a week cost me a WC only $6 :yeah: exclude salt mix to beef up sg.

For your information, the nsw come from off shore Changi near Johore shoal. The following are test generally taken for the water approximately;

Sg - 1.020

Ph - 8.2

Kh - 7

Ca - 350ppm

Mg - 1110 ppm

PO4 - undect (Salifert)

NO3 - Undect (API)

FYI

TI 3ft 8tube

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

DI water thru kalkwasser

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

• 1 month later...
Sorry, it typo error. I mean bought from lfs :bow: for a cost of $2 per jerry can. That mean a week cost me a WC only $6 :yeah: exclude salt mix to beef up sg.

For your information, the nsw come from off shore Changi near Johore shoal. The following are test generally taken for the water approximately;

Sg - 1.020

Ph - 8.2

Kh - 7

Ca - 350ppm

Mg - 1110 ppm

PO4 - undect (Salifert)

NO3 - Undect (API)

FYI

Wow.. great info ..!