BLACK V TANK

Victor007

• SRC Member

Hi, Welcome to my tank thread. nothing much in here. just gonna post up some pictures of my tank.

Things are very budget.

Tank specs:

5.5ft X 2ft X 2ft tank (FOC)

skimmer is underpowered weipro skimmer

DIY denitrator

8 T5 tubes with 2 FL tubes.

using ATI blue special, Blue, colorpro and actinic.

wave maker using powerheads and one seio 1100.

focusing on LPS and softies first but have some sps too.

Pictures are taken using Canon EOS 450D...the latest model..

so this thread can also be a product review too.:D

No CR, but running FR with activated carbon and phos together.

using bailing method to does trace element, carbonate and calcium.

Parameters :

KH 10

calcium 400ppm

magnesium: testkit used up

nitrite, ammonia:0

Phosphate:0

nitrate:5 to 10ppm

(denitrator not working recently so reading went up, fixing it back.)

temperature: 26-28

chiller: teco 680

even that i doesn't utilise much of skimmer due to space constraint but still recommend one.

denitrator and mangrove keep the reading in check all along.

cheers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

pink gonoipora with blue mouth :)

planning to collect yellow, purple and red goniopora too then will have a gonio garden.

green ones open very big but is very boring so either get it last or dun get it.

only a student so limited budget.this is a tank shared with my fiancee. :D

post-9470-1212944488.jpg

• SRC Member

PROJECT MI

MI not mission impossible but moorish idol.

try 3 specimen...but fail. all feeding but just died suddenly.

i keep them in my sump to ensure good feeding habit before introducing in main tank but all just died after a few days.

try live brine, new spectrum, ocean nurtrition...i think it could be space constraint in sump problem.

maybe i try again by putting it in my main tank. :D

any MI guru can give some advice or share ur MI pic here. :)

cheers

• SRC Member
Wah... student got fiancee already... Can concentrate on studies meh? :whistle Any FTS, bro?

hahahhahaha....we kinda study in the arts zone, so complement in each other works. :D

no FTS view now cos i planning to put up a black background first.

5.5ft very hard to stock.buy so much corals still bare bare...:S

• SRC Member
hahahhahaha....we kinda study in the arts zone, so complement in each other works. :D

no FTS view now cos i planning to put up a black background first.

5.5ft very hard to stock.buy so much corals still bare bare...:S

Heh... normal art or body art... :eyebrow: Just kidding!

Haha... I like your description of the hitchhiker... its like, "chiong ah!!", but only reach that far... cute. :lol:

• SRC Member

twin spot goby. acquire from harlequin few months back...think 5 months le..

surprise to know that this fellow died easily...but mine going on strong till now.

It has its own sand hole where it will sleep. Once it wakes up, it will go around sifting sand again.

post-9470-1213022686.jpg

too shy to show it's face...

post-9470-1213022777.jpg

• SRC Member
Heh... normal art or body art... :eyebrow: Just kidding!

Haha... I like your description of the hitchhiker... its like, "chiong ah!!", but only reach that far... cute. :lol:

:nuke: bodyart.....BISh. haha...she does multimedia and i make music so can work and share together. haha.

ya...that limpet really amazing...his big world is our small world.haha. will keep track for its growth.

maybe after it went around the tank, it will be big enough for our dinner. :D

• SRC Member

Red zoas...belongs to sonicfrank. He has some big plans for his tank so deposit this at my place. :)

pictures are taken with LIVEVIEW, liveview is the new feature in Canon EOS. Not used to using LIVEVIEW.

Lense is the default lense which comes with it.

The weight of the camera compare to NIKON is really light. :)

post-9470-1213023369.jpg

• SRC Member

trigger...haha...i scared it will eat up my shrimps...:S

maybe i try to catch them all up first or get an eel.anyway, i can't confirm the crab yet cos it might be my acro crab.

i used to have on acro crab but it disappear from the acro and the crab i saw is non-hairy. claws don't look big.

just pray hard or maybe try catching it again using "GLASS TRAP" instead.

anyway, for twin spot, u definitely need mature sandbed. proper acclimation and fine sand.

The twinspot was healthy all along..it died becos of the trap if not will be still surviving. :S

i find that rainfordi is the harder one instead of twinspot becos it doesn't feed. :(

if you ask what i feed specially. it will be X-nature food. up to now, those small fishes i kept can survive on that.

pipefish, shrimpfish...gobies...even thou i don't see them eating in action(maybe becos of the small mouth), but they are attracted to the food. small mouth very hard to see them eating.

if u find their food too expensive, then u can try to blend a few seafood, together to make ur own. it will help in providing food to all the fishes, filter feeder and organisms inside I managed to keep sponges alive and growing in the tank. if u have plankton and rotifers to add inside will be even better.

maybe i take a few sponge pictures tomorrow. some sponge grow from one rock to another like glue. :)

• SRC Member

Hahaha... looks like chewing gum on the rocks... :P

Cute Roborovski hamster... I used to keep them. Unfortunately, nice to watch, but no fun to play. Way too fast, these fellas. In my previous company, my boss was given a hamster, and she kept it in the office. Under air-con environment, the fur grew so thick it was like a fur ball. Very nice. If you pamper them, buy a mini fan and hook it up. They should develop a nice coat of fur.

• SRC Member
Hahaha... looks like chewing gum on the rocks... :P

Cute Roborovski hamster... I used to keep them. Unfortunately, nice to watch, but no fun to play. Way too fast, these fellas. In my previous company, my boss was given a hamster, and she kept it in the office. Under air-con environment, the fur grew so thick it was like a fur ball. Very nice. If you pamper them, buy a mini fan and hook it up. They should develop a nice coat of fur.

hahah...ya. looks like chewing gum...it used to glue the two rocks together then now it slowly snap apart like gums.haha.

my room is kinda air-con too..but only half of the day. i have a mini fan for marine, maybe if i find it, can try.

but i scared cannot stand the stench. :(

She is very fast..last time we can't hold it in our hand but now getting better. keep trying to tame it.

i think robo is the most beautiful hamster among the dwarf hamster...cos the others look like mouse or rat, really cannot stand it.hahahha..

• SRC Member
What a cute hamster..quite unique fur coat also...does it bite? Sorry abit :off:

hahaha...thanks. it doesn't bite. a dwarf hamster. other types of hamster will bite. but this robo type doesn't bite. :D

they are very shy. u can't really hold them cos they will keep struggling.