BLACK V TANK

Victor007

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Becareful of this specimen... Not to be a wet blanket... Mine became purple center...

thanks alot for the tips...until now still okay...maybe u feed with ribena ?? haha..jking

i will keep a lookout for it and update if any changes. :)

cheers.

Oh my... that's a beautiful Moorish Idol... :bow:

ya, it's very pretty.

it survived the longest among the other moorish idols we had.

managed to live for about a week before it succumbed to illness.

it snacked on some of our zoas and keep pecking on the rocks when he's alive.

we thought he can make it.

oh well...

thanks alot for the tips...until now still okay...maybe u feed with ribena ?? haha..jking

i will keep a lookout for it and update if any changes. :)

cheers.

If i can just get a new DC... haha... It just turn purple... Maybe we can exchange frag and see if it will stay or maybe it is due to our lighting..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
PROJECT MI

MI not mission impossible but moorish idol.

try 3 specimen...but fail. all feeding but just died suddenly.

i keep them in my sump to ensure good feeding habit before introducing in main tank but all just died after a few days.

try live brine, new spectrum, ocean nurtrition...i think it could be space constraint in sump problem.

maybe i try again by putting it in my main tank. :D

any MI guru can give some advice or share ur MI pic here. :)

cheers

out of the years in my reefing i also tried 3 MI also feeding really well but then suddenly die out of no reason.. read somewhere that it is some particular food that MI needed but we cant provide .. hehe thats y gave up on MI liao :P

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
out of the years in my reefing i also tried 3 MI also feeding really well but then suddenly die out of no reason.. read somewhere that it is some particular food that MI needed but we cant provide .. hehe thats y gave up on MI liao :P

oic...:> how long did u mention u keep for the longest ? :)

i know some feed them with seaweed and sponge, that's why i also trying to keep some sponges around in preparation of another specimen. :) really envy the one in my friend's tank which he kept for 3to5 years.

really a beauty. also heard that the new NLS food is also quite successful in keeping them.

think u can read more on this thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=993712

very interesting moorish idol thread which i frequent.

:)

oic...:> how long did u mention u keep for the longest ? :)

i know some feed them with seaweed and sponge, that's why i also trying to keep some sponges around in preparation of another specimen. :) really envy the one in my friend's tank which he kept for 3to5 years.

really a beauty. also heard that the new NLS food is also quite successful in keeping them.

think u can read more on this thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=993712

very interesting moorish idol thread which i frequent.

:)

would the Ocean Nutrition angel frozen food help since it contain sponges in the formula??

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
I try to get my hand on a DC and show den see which one you fancy... Haha...

hahaha..no problem. :P

would the Ocean Nutrition angel frozen food help since it contain sponges in the formula??

some says can try feeding them that but most report that moorish idol doesn't even bother to eat it..hahaha..let alone survive on it. ON frozen food doesn't seems to be that good to me also as their gel binder make it damn hard to feed and troublesome.

The theory of frozen bananas and avocada is really interesting.maybe i wanna try it out then post some pictures of "banana-feeding" fishes. :)

Go for New life spectrum food, it can keep them alive, go check it out. anyway, if you go aquarium Iwarna, you can see that in their SPS tank their moorish idol is fat and healthy!!

:) even that NLS food is good, but getting fishes to feed on pellets is still a feat. i try ON and NLS, fishes tends to prefer ON.

but no doubt that those feeding on NLS did fare well in terms on immunity. :) all my fishes feeding on both ON and NLS.

cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any FTS? Looking very good especially for a super budget tank :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica