any bros free to go pasir ris farmway now ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I meet you at bus stop and take a walk in....hehehe...

carpet anemone and golden butterfly.....can advice how to look out that it is good? no experience in buying both. : )

if you guys go pasir ris farm, can help me see if the carpet anemone in ah beng chio? and i also looking for golden butterfly. dont wanna cab in to see empty farm... :)

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

bro, just take bus 88. How long depends on your speed....for sunny 03....20 mins...for me 10 mins....lol....should be around 15 mins ....but to walk all the stores....the entire journey can be 30 mins(walked into the stretch).....under the sun.....treat it as a form of exercise....lol...now me poisoned..so dont mind...wahaha...like last time played basketball at 12 pm...now when i see ppl doing that....i will say siao.....wahahaha...

Hi solo77 how long would it take to walk in from the bus stop outside to the fish farms (selling marine hobby stuffs?). Interested, but always put off by the fact due to no transport deep in & out... Thanks!

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

bro, just take bus 88. How long depends on your speed....for sunny 03....20 mins...for me 10 mins....lol....should be around 15 mins ....but to walk all the stores....the entire journey can be 30 mins(walked into the stretch).....under the sun.....treat it as a form of exercise....lol...now me poisoned..so dont mind...wahaha...like last time played basketball at 12 pm...now when i see ppl doing that....i will say siao.....wahahaha...

no need,i can drive u guys in.. maybe we can meet near the farm and u guys take my car.. then u all dun have to walk like crazy bros.. :thanks:

bro, fuel price expensive.....hehe....ya, maybe can organise one trip.....just to pasir ris.....or LCK ###### Coral Farm....the rest of reputable shops still easily accessible by bus... : )

no need,i can drive u guys in.. maybe we can meet near the farm and u guys take my car.. then u all dun have to walk like crazy bros.. :thanks:

Algae Scrubbler

Thanks for the great offer beephoebe!! Maybe you can PM me should you have plans to go down to the farms in Pasir Ris...

As mentioned, fuel prices have skyrocketted like no ones' business lately (all prices had hiked except LABOUR prices aka our SALARY!!!), so maybe I (or whoever decides to car pool in) can give u a token sum for your petrol (or unless you prefer a cup of kopi... lol!!)...

Cheers!!

So beephoebe, will be waiting for your 'orders' on when (which weekends) you will be giving the farms in Pasir Ris a visit (then will catch a free ride from you from Pasir Ris MRT)... :thanks: in advance!!!

Thanks Solo77 for the reply once again... Ha!! Scarly I'll take longer than Sunny03's timing to walk in how? I'm not a young man also nowadays (if Sunny03 had mentioned or described to you... [Last time I'll also play basketball/ volleyball under the scorching hot sun bare-bodied when younger... now, if anyone were to ask me to touch any of these balls at such ridiculous timing, I'll call that person SIAOZ also... LOL!!! ]

Going tomorrow morning.....me either cycle if no one going or take bus 88. Pm me if want to me...hehehe....tonight might go AM....lol... : )

So beephoebe, will be waiting for your 'orders' on when (which weekends) you will be giving the farms in Pasir Ris a visit (then will catch a free ride from you from Pasir Ris MRT)... :thanks: in advance!!!

Thanks Solo77 for the reply once again... Ha!! Scarly I'll take longer than Sunny03's timing to walk in how? I'm not a young man also nowadays (if Sunny03 had mentioned or described to you... [Last time I'll also play basketball/ volleyball under the scorching hot sun bare-bodied when younger... now, if anyone were to ask me to touch any of these balls at such ridiculous timing, I'll call that person SIAOZ also... LOL!!! ]

Algae Scrubbler

i just went on tuesday.. managed to find other fish shops but forget whats their name.. it just opp the bunch of pet shop next to ericsson pet shop..

think we organise to go there together the next time big shipment come.. then i can open my eyes big big over there.. :eyebrow:

The inner one is iwarna, follow by ah beng...IA, uncle and Swift. Heard got one more shop near iwarna. . . will cycle to explore. Have u tried LCK and coral farm? Maybe u can try them.... : )

i just went on tuesday.. managed to find other fish shops but forget whats their name.. it just opp the bunch of pet shop next to ericsson pet shop..

think we organise to go there together the next time big shipment come.. then i can open my eyes big big over there.. :eyebrow:

Algae Scrubbler

The inner one is iwarna, follow by ah beng...IA, uncle and Swift. Heard got one more shop near iwarna. . . will cycle to explore. Have u tried LCK and coral farm? Maybe u can try them.... : )

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Hi bro, so how was your trip to the farms on last Sat? Must be very fruitful right? So were you activated on that day, saw the open mob messages...

Btw, can ask all these farms/ shops that sell marine stuffs open til what time everyday? Is it still open in the night time? [if yes, maybe can visit them as weather not so hot...]

Do you mean you also cycle to LCK & CF?!?! WOW!!! Training for the IRONMAN triathlon izit? Cheers!!

Member of:

Not new but think either change ownership or change name. From the road leading to farmway 2, instead of turning right towards ah beng shop, turn left. Hope i dont sound confusing to you.

To Bro Beetle, the saturday trip was so-so as the stocks were not what i look for. Anyway, good to visit them also..,..hehehe....

Saturday got silence mob....the open mob for army....for me...i am transferred from amry to scdf for my reservist....don envy...lol....

i did cycle to LCK to visit goat farm but haven cycle to LCK marine shop or coral farm....if i do....also cannot buy thing....lol...transporting from there to sengkang thr cycling...think the LS will be shocked to death.....wahahaha...

how about you....any addition to your tank...u want my velvet damsel? Hoping to gather SK/Punggol reefers together and exchange stuff FOC or consolidate sales.....or importing if possible. Do keep in touch. i have some chaeto, will try to grow them and pass around. I will pass some to sunny03 also incase i failed..lol.... Good Day to you. : )

Where is Swift? New Marine shop?

Algae Scrubbler

Hi bro, so did you go down to the farms this week?

For me, am very tempted to intro livestocks to my tank leh... (Bro Morpheus was giving away a common clown, but he advised me not to as my tank may not be properly cycled yet with just nearly 2 weeks of cycling... Truthfully, when I did a simple 'dip' test using API's All-in-one test strip, noticed that nitrate/nitrite level was quite high... Lucky din get his common clown, if not will cause a live to be lost innocently liaoz... :paiseh: Thanks bro Morpheus!!]

Is Blue Damsel same as your Velvet Damsel? Will be more than glad to get it from you, but dun 1 to cause it to 'up the lorry' due to my uncycled tank leh... possible to get it from you in a few more weeks' time when my tank is more stable? [Maybe you charge me the rental + fish food + utilities fees for housing it lah... :rolleyes: ]

So tempted to just get a red starfish to put into my tank to WOW my gal with it... Now, whenever she looks at the marine tank, she goes "Fish where?!?" or "Mei You Yu?!?" aka "No Fish?!?" LOL!!!

Bro, do let me know if you have some spare Chaeto to give away k? Intend to put some into my Hang-on filter to reduce nitrates... (So will doing so speed up the cycling process??? Hee... Hee...)

Thanks & do let me know if you are going down to the farms againz!!! [bro Beephobe... are you going??] :eyebrow:

Not new but think either change ownership or change name. From the road leading to farmway 2, instead of turning right towards ah beng shop, turn left. Hope i dont sound confusing to you.

To Bro Beetle, the saturday trip was so-so as the stocks were not what i look for. Anyway, good to visit them also..,..hehehe....

Saturday got silence mob....the open mob for army....for me...i am transferred from amry to scdf for my reservist....don envy...lol....

i did cycle to LCK to visit goat farm but haven cycle to LCK marine shop or coral farm....if i do....also cannot buy thing....lol...transporting from there to sengkang thr cycling...think the LS will be shocked to death.....wahahaha...

how about you....any addition to your tank...u want my velvet damsel? Hoping to gather SK/Punggol reefers together and exchange stuff FOC or consolidate sales.....or importing if possible. Do keep in touch. i have some chaeto, will try to grow them and pass around. I will pass some to sunny03 also incase i failed..lol.... Good Day to you. : )

Bro, after seeing your small tank, i recommend you to plan properly what livestock to keep. Blue damsel is a general name, lol, meannig blue in colour. For mine, it is mostly black with metalic blue strip and white bar. Maybe you want to go farm this coming saturday morning. I went last saturday with sunny 03. Just went there to browse around. My main and quarantine tank...flooded....so must becareful in adding stock.

For your tank, the cycling process might take shorter process. As mentioned, i will recommend you to add invert. Maybe one scarlet hermit, small little hermit with red legs. For starfish, you can also add but be warned that certain colour starfish is not reef safe. Think last week iwarna came a few. Seldom see them at pasir ris but coral farm at LCK does have them quite often. Maybe u also add a small cleaner shrimp. For established fish, they can tolerate "poorer" water condition as those newly purchased from shop. For your tank, you can also buy seawater, one pack will do and it will definitely speed up your cycling process.

For the fish, dont worry lar. It is still my fish but just offering you whether you want to adopt it. Maybe you can come take a look and after all the farm visits, then decide. Dont want you to get my fish and then cannot buy other fishes that you like. Hehehe. For the chaeto, should be able to spare you some also. Next week saturday, likely to go also. For your info. Happy reefing. Cheers.

Hi bro, so did you go down to the farms this week?

For me, am very tempted to intro livestocks to my tank leh... (Bro Morpheus was giving away a common clown, but he advised me not to as my tank may not be properly cycled yet with just nearly 2 weeks of cycling... Truthfully, when I did a simple 'dip' test using API's All-in-one test strip, noticed that nitrate/nitrite level was quite high... Lucky din get his common clown, if not will cause a live to be lost innocently liaoz... :paiseh: Thanks bro Morpheus!!]

Is Blue Damsel same as your Velvet Damsel? Will be more than glad to get it from you, but dun 1 to cause it to 'up the lorry' due to my uncycled tank leh... possible to get it from you in a few more weeks' time when my tank is more stable? [Maybe you charge me the rental + fish food + utilities fees for housing it lah... :rolleyes: ]

So tempted to just get a red starfish to put into my tank to WOW my gal with it... Now, whenever she looks at the marine tank, she goes "Fish where?!?" or "Mei You Yu?!?" aka "No Fish?!?" LOL!!!

Bro, do let me know if you have some spare Chaeto to give away k? Intend to put some into my Hang-on filter to reduce nitrates... (So will doing so speed up the cycling process??? Hee... Hee...)

Thanks & do let me know if you are going down to the farms againz!!! [bro Beephobe... are you going??] :eyebrow:

Algae Scrubbler

Thanks bro! Aiyah... never chio me to go the farms last Sat? <_< [LOL!] This coming Sat morning should be fine with me.... :eyebrow: Let me know the exact timing/place to meet if you guyz are onz... Paiseh but you mean your main & sump tank literally flooded (as in water flowed out) or packed with livestocks?!? Hope problem is resolved...

Sigh! For my small tank, really a headache in terms of keeping livestocks... Is it possible for my tank to have some corals? [Prefer those soft corals or zoa kind...] If yes, then should I intro livestocks (like scarlett hermit crab/ cleaner shrimp) 1st or the corals 1st? [Ha! Ha! Can't tahan me rite? Haven't learn how to crawl want to learn how to fly already...] Ever thot of buying sea water from farms/ LFSs also, but as I do not have any transport, not worthwhile to take cab as the cost of sea water is relatively low leh...

Thanks so much for the offer on your velvet damsel, maybe will one day drop by your place to look at your marine tank (if you are free & dun mind) - then can let me get 'poisoned' even deeper... LOL! Thanks so much for sharing so much info & knowledge with me... It's you this kinda people that will help to spread the hobby of marine tank-keeping!!! :thanks:

Bro, after seeing your small tank, i recommend you to plan properly what livestock to keep. Blue damsel is a general name, lol, meannig blue in colour. For mine, it is mostly black with metalic blue strip and white bar. Maybe you want to go farm this coming saturday morning. I went last saturday with sunny 03. Just went there to browse around. My main and quarantine tank...flooded....so must becareful in adding stock.

For your tank, the cycling process might take shorter process. As mentioned, i will recommend you to add invert. Maybe one scarlet hermit, small little hermit with red legs. For starfish, you can also add but be warned that certain colour starfish is not reef safe. Think last week iwarna came a few. Seldom see them at pasir ris but coral farm at LCK does have them quite often. Maybe u also add a small cleaner shrimp. For established fish, they can tolerate "poorer" water condition as those newly purchased from shop. For your tank, you can also buy seawater, one pack will do and it will definitely speed up your cycling process.

For the fish, dont worry lar. It is still my fish but just offering you whether you want to adopt it. Maybe you can come take a look and after all the farm visits, then decide. Dont want you to get my fish and then cannot buy other fishes that you like. Hehehe. For the chaeto, should be able to spare you some also. Next week saturday, likely to go also. For your info. Happy reefing. Cheers.

Thanks for your concern. My flooded means my tanks got lots of fishes...and i keeping just zoas, mushrooms, rics, suns and LPS.

For your tank, i will suggest to keep mushroom, nice colour and hardy. For Zoas, unless in small frag, if not, yr tank will be full also. Lol. No problem in keeping inverts as they are hardy also. Just need to be more caution in introducing shrimp as they get stress up easily and will die almost immediately .....infront of you....wahahaha...i learned .....bought 2 fire shrimps and both up the lorry....hehehe.

Maybe this saturday, can buy one pack and we take turn to carry out from the farm lor. Hehehe.

No problem lar, just give me a ring. Me just learning and sharing. i also gained from those snr reefers i met, without their experienced and valuable knowledge, i wont be able to provide my "opinion". Please use my suggestion as reference as i might be always right......but it is always good to be corrected by the snr to learn more. Hehehe. For this saturday, if going, will be going ard 7 plus or 8 am. Keep in touch. Cheers.

Thanks bro! Aiyah... never chio me to go the farms last Sat? <_< [LOL!] This coming Sat morning should be fine with me.... :eyebrow: Let me know the exact timing/place to meet if you guyz are onz... Paiseh but you mean your main & sump tank literally flooded (as in water flowed out) or packed with livestocks?!? Hope problem is resolved...

Sigh! For my small tank, really a headache in terms of keeping livestocks... Is it possible for my tank to have some corals? [Prefer those soft corals or zoa kind...] If yes, then should I intro livestocks (like scarlett hermit crab/ cleaner shrimp) 1st or the corals 1st? [Ha! Ha! Can't tahan me rite? Haven't learn how to crawl want to learn how to fly already...] Ever thot of buying sea water from farms/ LFSs also, but as I do not have any transport, not worthwhile to take cab as the cost of sea water is relatively low leh...

Thanks so much for the offer on your velvet damsel, maybe will one day drop by your place to look at your marine tank (if you are free & dun mind) - then can let me get 'poisoned' even deeper... LOL! Thanks so much for sharing so much info & knowledge with me... It's you this kinda people that will help to spread the hobby of marine tank-keeping!!! :thanks:

Algae Scrubbler

So is anyone going down tomorrow? May I ask what is the earliest time that these farms opens in the morning? May go down tomorrow to 'Big Open Eye World'... :)

I am going down tml... Not so early... Ard 1030 like that..

Member of: