OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Nice. Any pix on it? Is the diff only seen on the grey tail compared to Singapore Angel?

I cannot and dun have the time to keep another bigger tank, else i would have wanted the rainfordia!! It is one of the most unique fish imo.

Maybe in the near future i'll have another bigger setup.

A small tank is ideal for me now, easy maintenance.

Yes the poliorus is only different from the singpore angel by having a opaque grey tail instead of yellow. There are some other minute differences but the tail is the most obvious difference.

I'll make an update of the fish soon once it gets established into my tank.

For those who dunno, this is the chaetodontoplus poliourus angel:

Chaetodontoplus-poliourus.jpg

It is an ideal "big" angel for a small tank like mine as it stays small, and really small maximum size 3" only.

Furthermore unlike the shy and difficult singapore angel, the poliourus angel is bold and easy.

This specimen i got is already feeding on pellets aggressively. The fish measures slightly over 2".

• Senior Reefer

i did not spot the poliorus angel at first until i looked at the coral farm fish invoice.

this has probably got to be the most exciting angel shipment for me!

armitagei and poliorus! amazing!

• SRC Member

Peppermint, blackspot pygmy n kinji angel will only be my dream fish!!!

Hopefully e groucho angel will not be too ex over at lck...

Lemon n digi, plz let me hav tat groucho angel when its avail. Both ur tank got too many rare fish liao... Lol!!!!

Hopefully e groucho angel will not be too ex over at lck...

Lemon n digi, plz let me hav tat groucho angel when its avail. Both ur tank got too many rare fish liao... Lol!!!!

Hahaha, can I also be on the list, all I have are a cryptic Angel and a juv harlequin.

that's exactly what it looks like.

armitagei angels rarely look like anything else.

Any chance that aunty can reserve till I go down and see it? Not in town

• Senior Reefer

Haha wah coolguy. You have more rare fish than me now.

I like rare fish and I always have a very strong passion and interest for unusual and rare stuff. But being a student, I'm very limited to fishes that are cheap. All my rare fish are fish that are rare, but unknown and cheap. If you notice, all the uber rare and expensive stuff I let Digiman and you buy coz I can't afford.

Johnsoni, aya, goldflake hybrids, masudai, Poliorus etc etc are all rare fishes that I've personally seen but can't afford even though I want them very much!

I also want a Groucho lemonpeel and have been waiting for one for years already. And I want to attempt to form a flavissima complex harem like what copps did. But I want to form that harem with hybrids.

Anyway there's no guarantee that LCK will have Groucho. But if really come then say la. If you really want it alot and if it's too ex for me then I'll gladly give in hehe.

As for Jeremy, this is not the first time ARMITAGEI has came in but it's certainly not common. I think the number of times it came in I can count with half my hand. It's v big and v impressive and if you're a real fish geek, you'll be very impressed. Aunty won't reserve it just to let you see. They don't even reserve for people who are willing to pay! Haha point being they don't take any form of reservation per individual fish. So u have to pray it'll be there for u to see when u get back and it's not sold or exported

• Senior Reefer

And they will forever be your dream fish.

Recently 3 pieces of kingii were caught and exported illegally. But in such small numbers and unpredictable supply coupled with unbearable cost, you can only be sure these fishes will go to hardcore collectors willing to pay top dollar in excess of thousands in the 5 digit range

Nigriocella angel has a very wide range but it's so so so SO cryptic that only less than 10 pieces have ever been seen since it's discovery. And it was discovered using rotenone poisoning when it came out of hiding due to the poison. That one from Vanuatu was a freak catch and will likely not ever happen again! People have been diving Vanuatu for decades and not even see one despite them being shallow water and wide ranging. So as again, if ever nigriocella appears again, it'll be either caught using poison and will die, or go to Japan where people pay 20k for it.

As for peppermint angel, this one really holygrail. It's super deepwater and lives only in the cook islands and there has only been one person collecting it. Chip boyle. The peppermint angel was named after him. There has been rumours that he was collecting them again but I guess it never took off. Same genus as multibar and venustus, which means super difficult. The deepwater nature means very prone to dying and difficult to adapt to reef lighting. Willing to pay 5 digits for a fish so difficult? But u can't coz will go Japan or U.S

So pls continue to dream haha. I too want some pretty unobtainable fish like abei angel and nahacky!

• SRC Member

that's exactly what it looks like.

armitagei angels rarely look like anything else.

To be honest armitagei angelfish do appear now and then on my suppliers list. Thus personally I don't think they are rare, maybe uncommon.

Cheers

• Senior Reefer

To be honest armitagei angelfish do appear now and then on my suppliers list. Thus personally I don't think they are rare, maybe uncommon.

Cheers

ARMITAGEI is not rare at all.

But they are rare here. Our market is small so alot of rare things here are common in other countries

a new video of the uber UBER UBER UBBER ULTRA RARE paracentropyge boylei.

the peppermint angelfish.

collected only by one and only chip boylei in the cook islands.

OMG!! This is perhaps the most amazing youtube video posted on marine fish! That setup is a deepwater setup dedicated solely to the peppermint and it ought to be given the holy grail status of the fish!!

I'll not be vying for the groucho although it is rare and beautiful. My tank is too small for so many angels.

Groucho is rare even in vanuatu shipment, so probably have to wait for a few shipments before one turns up again (it already came in before through iwarna's vanuatu).

Any chance that aunty can reserve till I go down and see it? Not in town

CF do not reserve fishes for anyone unless u r reserving many many fishes at one go.

The price is quite good though, 700 before discount, so no surprise it'll be taken pretty quickly. The only reason it will be there until your return would be its huge size, about 6".

i like the sunset coral beauty

vanuatu coral beauty often comes in different deepwater forms. They are quite common in the shipment. So keep a lookout next time if u like this kind of coral beauty. However do take note that the color and pattern will slowly morph back to normal.

ARMITAGEI is not rare at all.

But they are rare here. Our market is small so alot of rare things here are common in other countries

Armitagei is rare. Not v rare but still rare. And they are expensive(~$1500), in Japan and US they fetch big bucks because reefers pay a lot for rare hybrids like armitagei.

They are rare here becos not many reefers here is willing to pay so much for a "dirty" flagfin angel.

So the one at CF is considered v good price!

i tell you honestly.

to be absolutely truthful with you, the only people in this forum willing and interested enough to consider buying rare or interesting fishes are me, digiman, coolguy and probably a smalllll handful of other reefers.

99.9% of people here don't care about rare fish, interesting fish, exotic fish or any out of the normal fish. be it cheap, or expensive.

sure you can say fishes like bandit, tinker, crosshatch, etc etc are rare and many people are willing to buy.

yes! true. but these are rare fishes that are very well known.

what about rare fish that no one knows about? how many people here know what rainfordia opercularis is? how many know what groucho lemonpeel is? or tracey damsel? to be honest, maybe only 5. or less!

so don't be discouraged that no one here is buying the opercularis. the market is just really way too small. most of the time people only ineterested in staples.

I think not many people like you so smart to identify rare fishes and know how to keep it survive for long. In addition, by the time we reached the lfs, the affordable rare fishes already swam in somebody tank. If you willing to let go some affordable rare fishes, please let know. Thanks

• Senior Reefer

a piebald yellow tang from quality marine.

LCK brought in a huge piece during aquarama.

unfortunately, such piebald yellow tangs seldom retain their colour and most of the time revert back to yellow.

post-15755-0-10868200-1313422781_thumb.j

grouchou lemonpeel angel from vanuatu

Such lovely lemon peel :wub: Is it also a hybrid ? ....and if only there is a blue trimming at the tail fin as well ....ohh faintzzz

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

Such lovely lemon peel :wub: Is it also a hybrid ? ....and if only there is a blue trimming at the tail fin as well ....ohh faintzzz

yes it is a hybrid.

sometimes there will be blue spots and blue electric lines.

it depends on the fish.