OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

From the collector thy cost the same

I heard from my LFS owner they cost the same from supplier.

However large ones requires more packing and cost more to ship.

But smaller ones are more popular here in local market, so wat LFS owner here usually does is to sell the smaller ones at a higher price to cover for the whole shipping cost.

Big ones need to sell cheaper so that they can clear faster.

• Senior Reefer

Look like a normal carpenter wrasse ( colour ) is that a expensive fish ? I am just curious

it looks nothing like a carpenter wrasse!

carpenter wrasse is a flasher while this is a fairy.

here is another picture of an alpha male pintail displaying in a tank. and compare with carpenter's on the right.

post-0-0-66116600-1383224714_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-14048200-1383224717.jpg

• SRC Member
it looks nothing like a carpenter wrasse! carpenter wrasse is a flasher while this is a fairy. here is another picture of an alpha male pintail displaying in a tank. and compare with carpenter's on the right.
Now can see better :) nice alpha male

though among those with lance style tail, C. sanguineus looks best..too bad it doesn't come to hobby...

C.Sanguineus is my dream!

There had been news previously about one or two being available from our mauritius suppliers. However upon ordering, it did not come. Neither did any news of one appearing in the states or japan happened. As such i believe it was a trick to make us order a shipment from them.

Since we are at the topic of cirrhilabrus.

There is one cirrhilabrus that i hope will be collected one day: Cirrhilabrus Randalli, hailing from Rowley Shoals, Western Australia. With western australia fish collection opening up, we are seeing some never before species like west aussie mandarin, personifer angel and lennardi wrasse. Sadly Rowley Shoals Marine Park is protected (i think), so Randalli fairy will not appear in the trade, unless it is also found in other parts of australia.

Here is one swimming in the wild.

http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-2523707-stock-footage-randall-s-wrasse-cirrhilabrus-randalli-swimming-underwater-in-australia.html?src=rel/2523497:1

• Like 1

C.Sanguineus is my dream!

There had been news previously about one or two being available from our mauritius suppliers. However upon ordering, it did not come. Neither did any news of one appearing in the states or japan happened. As such i believe it was a trick to make us order a shipment from them.

did you get that hybrid that appeared in Sg...?

females are coming up these days..you can try to get 2 females from Koji... P.S:oops..you wants the variant...
The problem is roseafascia look really close to lanceolatus and is much cheaper... The best looking is the cf lanceolatus for a fairy wrasses The best looking wrasses is the feminus