OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Look like stressed coloration..

i think it is. but the fins look quite different from any flasher. it should be a flasher judging from it's stress patterns.

A large alpha male earlei in a japanese tank with a harem of females. Second two pics show the same male flashing. There is a video taken on this tank but cant find it anymore, guess it's removed. And the pics are not enhanced cos i remembered the flashing earlei in the video has even more awesome colours that the pic cant capture.

post-10328-12729352012883_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12729352139976_thumb.jpg

post-10328-1272935227015_thumb.jpg

i think it is. but the fins look quite different from any flasher. it should be a flasher judging from it's stress patterns.

Doesnt look a like flasher... Difficult to tell without seeing the full tail and fins..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

A large alpha male earlei in a japanese tank with a harem of females. Second two pics show the same male flashing. There is a video taken on this tank but cant find it anymore, guess it's removed. And the pics are not enhanced cos i remembered the flashing earlei in the video has even more awesome colours that the pic cant capture.

omg. om omg omg x10000

Like cross with Kingi... LOL... Just Dreaming...

Maybe just a aberrant...

Agree! I find the head of this bandit v kingii like also. But cannot be la cos one hawaii and the other south africa.

Looks kinda ugly for a bandit. Hopefully we can see a small small bandit soon :eyebrow:

The smallest that ever came was 3.5 inch... And I dun think that guy made it too... Really wan to keep a bandit but the mortality rate is putting me off for the moment..

• Like 1

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

The smallest that ever came was 3.5 inch... And I dun think that guy made it too... Really wan to keep a bandit but the mortality rate is putting me off for the moment..

Same sentiment....I wonder who has successfully kept a Bandit locally.

Pics please :)

What small small bandit.. you got lobang/news somewhere ah???

Not sure yet, waiting for good news :eyebrow::eyebrow:

A tiny bandit will need a lot of feeding and a dedicated tank. A 2.5 to 3 inches one is an ideal size, easier to take care. Furthermore a tiny bandit will be v costly, does it worth the risk?

Have lah. Only low profile and 2 in the tanks.

Can ask him to share with us the temp of his tank and any secrets to his success for keeping two bandits alive when so many pple cant even keep one alive after many attempts.

• Senior Reefer

Is it P.Attenuatus female?

P. attenuatus. Male. Currently no pictures of P.attenuatus females on the internet, not that i know of. The diamond tail is very nice

something that i've been looking for, for very very long time

post-15755-12732377373985_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12732377445413_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

It is a P. attenuatus for sure.. Becos of the tiny filament on the dorsal fin... It is different from other flashers.. But the white belly looks a bit weird... Hybrid?

nope. they can adopt this colouration if they want to. actually they are rather dull when they decide not to display the blue stripes. But this is still something right on the top of my wish list.

post-15755-12732383866744_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12732384548544_thumb.jpg