OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

P. attenuatus. Male. Currently no pictures of P.attenuatus females on the internet, not that i know of. The diamond tail is very nice

something that i've been looking for, for very very long time

Got, below is a P.Attenuatus Female. So i guess the one i posted initially may be a female or a submale.

post-10328-12732388208013_thumb.jpg

It is a P. attenuatus for sure.. Becos of the tiny filament on the dorsal fin... It is different from other flashers.. But the white belly looks a bit weird... Hybrid?

nope. they can adopt this colouration if they want to. actually they are rather dull when they decide not to display the blue stripes. But this is still something right on the top of my wish list.

Ok here's something rarer, actually many times rarer:

Paracheilinus piscilineatus from Mauritius!

post-10328-12732389812664_thumb.jpg

wah this is a nice picture! isit real? lol

Of course it's real. Large clarions are known to clean parasites off giant manta rays alongside remoras. There're also several videos of the clarions doing the cleaning job on the net if u do a search.

• Senior Reefer

Got, below is a P.Attenuatus Female. So i guess the one i posted initially may be a female or a submale.

ahh yah ya hthe one from wetwebmedia is a female

• Senior Reefer

Ok here's something rarer, actually many times rarer:

Paracheilinus piscilineatus from Mauritius!

OMG THIS 1! THERE'S A LIVE PICTURE OF IT! THE ONE I KEEP SEEING IS THE DEAD PHOTO. ARGH OMG.

A tiny bandit will need a lot of feeding and a dedicated tank. A 2.5 to 3 inches one is an ideal size, easier to take care. Furthermore a tiny bandit will be v costly, does it worth the risk?

Can ask him to share with us the temp of his tank and any secrets to his success for keeping two bandits alive when so many pple cant even keep one alive after many attempts.

The small bandit size not confirm but hopeing it will be in the 2-3inch region. From John coppolino, he mentioned that keeping a thriving bandit is not difficult but temperature plays a very important role. If you are willing to burn on electric bill and put temperature to about 23 degree, I suppose bandit will not be difficult. Of course, they are other issue like feeding, collection and handling as most bandit I saw arrive in bad condition.

The small bandit size not confirm but hopeing it will be in the 2-3inch region. From John coppolino, he mentioned that keeping a thriving bandit is not difficult but temperature plays a very important role. If you are willing to burn on electric bill and put temperature to about 23 degree, I suppose bandit will not be difficult. Of course, they are other issue like feeding, collection and handling as most bandit I saw arrive in bad condition.

23 degree! I cannot imagine keeping the temp this low in super hot weather these few days. Not only the electric bill will be high, the tank will also condense with mist until i cant see a single thing, unless i on air-con all day and keep the house at 25 degree. Jux not feasible in our climate. However I believe bandit may have no problem acclimating in 26 degree as oppose to wat John Copps has said. There are many japanese SPS reef tank keeping thriving bandits and i'm sure their tank is not below 25 degree. Well tat's jux my personal opinion cos i believe my bandit and many other reefers' bandits that died were due to poor collection and shipping stress rather than high temperature. So i need to hear from those who can keep bandit alive at wat temp they are maintaining for the fish! But seems that either no one succeed or those that succeed does not frequent this forum.

The bandit i saw always okay mah...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

A tiny bandit will need a lot of feeding and a dedicated tank. A 2.5 to 3 inches one is an ideal size, easier to take care. Furthermore a tiny bandit will be v costly, does it worth the risk?

Can ask him to share with us the temp of his tank and any secrets to his success for keeping two bandits alive when so many pple cant even keep one alive after many attempts.

You will be surprise that he doesn't have a chiller. As for the method, just very basic ways. Most importantly is ensure that it is feeding before introduce to the main tank.

You will be surprise that he doesn't have a chiller. As for the method, just very basic ways. Most importantly is ensure that it is feeding before introduce to the main tank.

Would like to know, how long has he kept it. Hope we are talking about a thriving bandit here, >8months

Would like to know, how long has he kept it. Hope we are talking about a thriving bandit here, >8months

7 months for the older one. The second one should be 5 months. I trust should not be a problem to him cos he is an expert in angels.

7 months for the older one. The second one should be 5 months. I trust should not be a problem to him cos he is an expert in angels.

Without a chiller his tank can be easily be 28 degree or higher unless he keep his tank in an air con room. I'm glad to hear that contrary to belief, bandits need not necessary be kept in v low temp. So that means if we can get a healthy specimen and condition it slowly with lots of care, it can do v well in our tank

But Dispar Anthias is right, most of the bandits we see are in bad condition. Breathing heavily, swimming imbalance and fin rot bleeding etc. Even those that arrive looking well are actually not well, as some it begin to break down in few days.

Amazing, would just like to know the update of fish once they hit the 1 year mark ;) because that would be something that defy the usual believe.

There is a few angel expert in SRC unless he is not really active in Forum...

Angels expert as in know the pomacanthids family inside out? Or famous in keeping the pomcanthids family like John Coppolino :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Angels expert as in know the pomacanthids family inside out? Or famous in keeping the pomcanthids family like John Coppolino :eyebrow::eyebrow:

To qualify as an angelfish expert i think u need to possess both qualities of vast pomacanthids knowledge and also personal angels-keeping experience.

reborn posted a vid of their hybrid lemonpeel. wth it looks nicer than the first day i went!!

maybe its lighting.

That's becos it's flashed under actinic lightings. Under normal lightings the dots and patterns do not show one!

• Senior Reefer

That's becos it's flashed under actinic lightings. Under normal lightings the dots and patterns do not show one!

i just saw the other video with the feeding declivis. yup you're right.

the declivis looks so skinny now! the fore head is pinched! :( i hope that they will still be there when my new tank finishes cycling... and i hope they feed more!

i just saw the other video with the feeding declivis. yup you're right.

the declivis looks so skinny now! the fore head is pinched! :( i hope that they will still be there when my new tank finishes cycling... and i hope they feed more!

Raops need a lot a lot of feedings, u kept declivis b4 so should know their insatiable appetite. If LFS feed their fishes tat much they'll be broke.

Anyway RB wrote the ultra hybrid is sold. Wonder who got it? Babycat or others?

• Senior Reefer

Raops need a lot a lot of feedings, u kept declivis b4 so should know their insatiable appetite. If LFS feed their fishes tat much they'll be broke.

Anyway RB wrote the ultra hybrid is sold. Wonder who got it? Babycat or others?

dunno who got it.

i wish i had a place to keep that declivis until my tank is ready. so stable and disease free. pump it until fat would be good. too bad no place to keep lol.