OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

May be due to lightings or variations in individual specimens. I got evidence as below. Both the original and the head close-up:

if based on the original ID picture, watanabe is out due to the blue highlights on the eye.

the other genicanthus looks the closest but have white eyes while the ID one has black. anyway the original website which i got it from says it's G. caudovitattus. but then again, their ear spot ID is wrong, so dunno if reliable or not.

So my intial guess it's caudovittatus is right. Ya prob cos the eye give me a feeling of caudovittatus and not other genicanthus.

So 12 is not earspot?

Should be earspot bah..

The eye is the same..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

So my intial guess it's caudovittatus is right. Ya prob cos the eye give me a feeling of caudovittatus and not other genicanthus.

So 12 is not earspot?

12 is earspot. but the website listed it as annularis.

• Senior Reefer

Is this fish available to us from philippines?

Valenciennea Bella. Cos i always only see Valenciennea Strigata. Bella is so much nicer and makes a good sand sifter as well.

omg! ask RB to bring! lol.

but diamond goby sift sand better.. these kind will bomb sand everywhere

really!? mitratus is my fav, if not my 2nd fav of all the raops. anyway will pop by wednesday to see see since my school ends 10am every wed. CF rarely comes mitratus but so far CF one very nice.

Mitratus all sold liao. IMO mitratus is the most beautiful deep water butterfly. The yellow body and black stripes are so contrasting.

This used to be my pair till they died of ich. :cry::cry:

post-602-12735011280798_thumb.jpg

i won't mind setting up a nano tank just for this trimma caudomaculatum. makes all the other trimmas look like jokes.

and this stonogobiops too.

Still thinks dracula is much nicer! Pearl white body with red and black bars. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Now I know why is it call dracula, not because of its grumpy look but when this fish feels threaten, it will gape and 2 fang like thingy(much like a viper) will be seen :eyebrow::eyebrow:

post-602-12735016581594_thumb.jpg

Mitratus all sold liao. IMO mitratus is the most beautiful deep water butterfly. The yellow body and black stripes are so contrasting.

This used to be my pair till they died of ich. :cry::cry:

Butterflies are ick magnet and are v susceptible to ick. My tinkeri, declivis, marcellae before all cannot fight off ick on their own and require copper dosage. A v troublesome family of fishes.

i won't mind setting up a nano tank just for this trimma caudomaculatum. makes all the other trimmas look like jokes.

and this stonogobiops too.

Actually the most amazing coloured fishes are nano-fishes. But they are so tiny and require a dedicated tank so i never took any interest in them.

It looks like an color enhanced Trimma Tevegae

• Senior Reefer

Butterflies are ick magnet and are v susceptible to ick. My tinkeri, declivis, marcellae before all cannot fight off ick on their own and require copper dosage. A v troublesome family of fishes.

Actually the most amazing coloured fishes are nano-fishes. But they are so tiny and require a dedicated tank so i never took any interest in them.

It looks like an color enhanced Trimma Tevegae

i think its T. tevegae

Terryz- no, if you look at my facebook msg, you will know I did something silly LOL. Will try to take pics once the fish are more stabilise. Dun wanna jinx the fish as well :ph34r::ph34r:

Digiman- I took 2 huge draculas so the remaining 3 were much smaller. There are 2 that are with only red stripes and that seems to be rather abnormal as most dracula are red with black stripes. The nigripes we used to see are much duller in colour. Brown instead of yellowish orange. I suppose its due to geographical reason as the one we see are usually from sri lanka but these are from maldive itself. Thats why you get dracula and aurora gobies. I regret not getting a pair of aurora and now all are gone! :cry::cry::cry:

I saw the Aurora goby, but Aurora only come from Maldive? LCK has quite a few shipments w aurora goby last year or early this year i remember.

And no, wild caught nigripes are down right delicate clowns. Known to be poor- shipper and very suspectible to brooks. <_<<_<

So sad, cos i tot the nigripes are so nice and i wan to try a pair. But if they're so difficult guess i'll pass.

• Senior Reefer

I saw the Aurora goby, but Aurora only come from Maldive? LCK has quite a few shipments w aurora goby last year or early this year i remember.

So sad, cos i tot the nigripes are so nice and i wan to try a pair. But if they're so difficult guess i'll pass.

got two kinds of aurora. the scientific name for both i forgot.. lazy to find. but the diff is in the tails.

1 is flagtail or smth the other is aurora goby.

got two kinds of aurora. the scientific name for both i forgot.. lazy to find. but the diff is in the tails.

1 is flagtail or smth the other is aurora goby.

The one that looks similar to aurora is a yanoi. Can be found in the philippines and most of the time Ah Beng has them. The differences lies in the tail :eyebrow::eyebrow:

I know.. Saw the status... LOL... Better dun jinx the fish... Bad things always happen when you take photo...

Remember, I called you regarding the Nigripes? Those are the Maldives one, the color is orange... Any idea on the price for RB Nigripes? Got mini ones?

Surprisingly, this shipment of nigripes are rather good. Yes, this shipments has full of yellowish orange nigripes. Price is slightly more ex at about 2.5red notes. Size is about 2-3inches. If you can spot, there are some very bright yellowish orange while some are just orange. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

wednesday i go. if all healthy and fine i sms u?

When u sms Terryz sms me too can? Cos i also interested if they are healthy and no brooks.

Anyway not to dilute Terryz thread so i post it here: realise debelius looks like the reddish orange version of multicolor, wonder if they can hybridize. Below is the RCT pair and a common multicolor.

post-10328-12735063968441_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12735064858326_thumb.jpg

When u sms Terryz sms me too can? Cos i also interested if they are healthy and no brooks.

Anyway not to dilute Terryz thread so i post it here: realise debelius looks like the reddish orange version of multicolor, wonder if they can hybridize. Below is the RCT pair and a common multicolor.

Their region dun overlap.. So no chance of hybridize...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

oo male female debelius are sexually dimorphic?? nice! and why it look so orange. isn't it blue? zz confused.

Yes, but the most sexual dichromatic pgymy is perhaps interruptus. There are variations in individuals and i guess lighting also cause a difference. Not many pics on the net for comparison though but i like it more orangy than blue. The female look like hotumatua.