OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

This is insane..

YES! LETTER 8 RAINFORDI

This is nice... I actually like C. Argentatus.. This is nicer..

i love this hybrid

This is the the the the one in the video!!!

haha it is is is is is???!! hehe. so nice this fish

• Senior Reefer

ok not a hyrbrid and nothing rare or special anymore...

just brings back memories when i see this :( btw, this specimen is very very golden compared to my old 1 from digiman.

post-15755-12736684826335_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12736684893824_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1273668494158_thumb.jpg

ok not a hyrbrid and nothing rare or special anymore...

just brings back memories when i see this :( btw, this specimen is very very golden compared to my old 1 from digiman.

Tat's wat i meant b4, i prefer v yellow (or golden) rhomboid over the bluish purple one.

All the super duper rare hybrid butterflies and the super rare raops guyotensis u posted are absolutely amazing and the pics in the book are one and only one. They neither appear in the trade nor are seen anymore. CF have another 2 books, one on basslet and the other on angelfish, the pics inside are equally amazing and the angel hybrids do not lose shine to the butterfly hybrids.

• Senior Reefer

Tat's wat i meant b4, i prefer v yellow (or golden) rhomboid over the bluish purple one.

All the super duper rare hybrid butterflies and the super rare raops guyotensis u posted are absolutely amazing and the pics in the book are one and only one. They neither appear in the trade nor are seen anymore. CF have another 2 books, one on basslet and the other on angelfish, the pics inside are equally amazing and the angel hybrids do not lose shine to the butterfly hybrids.

yah the very golden one is nice.

and i wonder if the C. guyotensis is extinct lol. never even know there was a 6th raops!!

yah the very golden one is nice.

and i wonder if the C. guyotensis is extinct lol. never even know there was a 6th raops!!

Like A.Guezei and C.Narcosis, are all v deepwater and rare in their own habitat. So i dun think C.Guyotensis is extinct, it's jux so rare that it's hiding there and below waiting to be discovered again. Like Roa Excelsa from Hawaii, for so many years photos are based only on dead specimen until recently it is discovered again and caught alive though the ending is not a happy one.

speaking of very golden rhomboids, here's some of the more golden ones.

2nd video is OMG!!!

Have seen this video before, the first one v golden, v nice.

• Senior Reefer

Have seen this video before, the first one v golden, v nice.

i like the 2nd video. the way the large golden male swish it's tail at the screen then slowly fan it open is so "in your face!"

digiman, do you know if C. smithi is obtainable and how much it might cost? i only know of waikiki aquarium having them and they are from tahiti?

I was looking for this as well. Don't think we are able to obtain them and there are quite a few threads in RC regarding this fish. If we can find them(don;t think we ever will), it will be like pyramid butterfly price multiply by few hundreds or even more :shock::shock:

• Senior Reefer

I was looking for this as well. Don't think we are able to obtain them and there are quite a few threads in RC regarding this fish. If we can find them(don;t think we ever will), it will be like pyramid butterfly price multiply by few hundreds or even more :shock::shock:

yup. C. smithii is very similar to pyramids. behaviour wise. schooling planktivores. only thing is they prefer cooler water and they are in such isolated areas. tahiti? wth.

it will be nice to have 3-5 swimming around. half black half bright LEMON yellow. will look very nice when swimming around.

yup. C. smithii is very similar to pyramids. behaviour wise. schooling planktivores. only thing is they prefer cooler water and they are in such isolated areas. tahiti? wth.

it will be nice to have 3-5 swimming around. half black half bright LEMON yellow. will look very nice when swimming around.

Have been looking for it since I saw it. But after several threads I read, and the only place that has it is wakiki aquarium(place where unobtainable rare fish is found), I gave up totally.

digiman, do you know if C. smithi is obtainable and how much it might cost? i only know of waikiki aquarium having them and they are from tahiti?

C.Smithi cannot get, there was one and only one batch available (of which Waikiki got one) and no further collection.

and i want a school of these! so nice the colour.

O.Leslie also cannot get. Named after diver Leslie Whaylen who discovered the fish. Like C.Smithi also one and only one batch collected and for science. Three surviving in Waikiki the rest of the batch all died and preserved.

yah. i will invent a realistic plastic battery operated set of rare fish toys to populate my tank. :)

Haha something like this? How good if my fish died and can make into a plastic model as memorial.

post-10328-12737637337917_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12737637427911_thumb.jpg

Three beautiful deepwater Plectranthias, i wan the second one so badly!

1. Plectranthias Sagamiensis (Japan, Indonesia)

2. Plectranthias Pelicieri (Japan, Mauritius, Tonga)

3. Plectranthias Kelloggi (Japan)

post-10328-12738207994513_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12738208103567_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12738208225872_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

haha yah! we'll take our plane for holiday and our slaves will catch fishes for us. lolz joking. our "divers" :)

here's my short term goals. working hard for them. attenuatus has came to singapore before. will pester more lfs to get marginalis and octotaenia in :)

post-15755-12738548504136_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12738548573903_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12738548616139_thumb.jpg

Three beautiful deepwater Plectranthias, i wan the second one so badly!

1. Plectranthias Sagamiensis (Japan, Indonesia)

2. Plectranthias Pelicieri (Japan, Mauritius, Tonga)

3. Plectranthias Kelloggi (Japan)

Correct me if I am wrong, Have seen the first one before..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp