OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Crazy for Colinis. this fish has really grown on me alot since obtaining a nice pair. been searching pictures and reading up every single article on them. this fish was simultaneously discovered with C.joculator in cocos keeling island!

this is one of the nicer colini photos available online. rest are ugly.

LOL... It is nice... Very difficult to find nice one with the blue part which is so defined...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

LOL... It is nice... Very difficult to find nice one with the blue part which is so defined...

they are very pretty fishes. the blue is beautiful and the greenish-yellow compliments it very well.

the only complain i have appearance wise, is that some specimens tend to have blotchy or dirty yellow markings on the body. Difficult to find a nice smooth coloured individual.

one thing i like about this fish is the dorsal spines are very very pronounced compared to other dwarf angels. Do you notice that? the spines are very much longer than most others.

they are very pretty fishes. the blue is beautiful and the greenish-yellow compliments it very well.

the only complain i have appearance wise, is that some specimens tend to have blotchy or dirty yellow markings on the body. Difficult to find a nice smooth coloured individual.

one thing i like about this fish is the dorsal spines are very very pronounced compared to other dwarf angels. Do you notice that? the spines are very much longer than most others.

The color will improve after it is settled down in the tank... Ya, But you rarely see them do the flashing action...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

The color will improve after it is settled down in the tank... Ya, But you rarely see them do the flashing action...

yup. unles they are scared or meeting another dwarf :D

very nice to see them spread their fins out. longnose butterfly is also another fish with very long dorsal spines

yup. unles they are scared or meeting another dwarf :D

very nice to see them spread their fins out. longnose butterfly is also another fish with very long dorsal spines

Most butterly will have long dorsal spines..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

hello? anyone there?

one of the rarest dwarf angel in the world. centropyge abei. this time some cute frontal shots from the one and only one living specimen in waikiki aquarium.

post-15755-12751490938383_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12751491013724_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12751491109624_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

More C. abei! Look at the photo of it being captured in the box with another extremely rare deepwater Chromis abyssus!

C. abei is one of the very very very very few fish to have the colour cyan on it's body. the tail is a lovely deep cyan colour but sadly doesn't show up properly in captivity.

post-15755-12751496647512_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12751496810629_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12751497059038_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12751497115835_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

More C. abei! Look at the photo of it being captured in the box with another extremely rare deepwater Chromis abyssus!

C. abei is one of the very very very very few fish to have the colour cyan on it's body. the tail is a lovely deep cyan colour but sadly doesn't show up properly in captivity.

this is the colour cyan. pretty right!? wish there were more fishes that spot this colour.

post-15755-12751503151587_thumb.gif

hello? anyone there?

one of the rarest dwarf angel in the world. centropyge abei. this time some cute frontal shots from the one and only one living specimen in waikiki aquarium.

I want this... This is really very nice Centropyge...

Hoping to see it in years to come..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

I want this... This is really very nice Centropyge...

Hoping to see it in years to come..

the only thing standing in our way is the extreme depth in which it lives in. location wise it's so near to us :(

Nv like colini because, its lateral line is so define and its makes the fish looks very weird and emiciated :lol::lol::lol:

Still okay bah... Cant see it when it is stable... When I got the very stable one from another reefer previously, it is not very visible..

Member of: