OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Haha ya C.Altivelis is imo one of the nicest sail-fin type butterfly. But too bad i wan to keep a C.Pausifaciatus or C.Daedelma instead.

C.Daedelma, reborn can get... End of year if never remember wrongly... Ah bee told me and lemon when we were there, dicussing about butterfly....

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Haha ya C.Altivelis is imo one of the nicest sail-fin type butterfly. But too bad i wan to keep a C.Pausifaciatus or C.Daedelma instead.

what's your experience on C. mesoleucos? if you have any.

i find the white face brown body very striking. but never seen it in real life before. according to literature, very fierce. reef-safe wise?

so far most of my residences are fairly reef safe being mostly chelmon sp, forcipiger sp and centropyge sp. the coradion and chaetodon paucifasciatus, mitratus and declives are the only questionable one but i'll let it slide.

as long as there aren't too many 100% non-reef safe 1 it shud be fine

C.Daedelma, reborn can get... End of year if never remember wrongly... Ah bee told me and lemon when we were there, dicussing about butterfly....

Yap i remember they told me end of the year. But i only intend to keep one butterfly, pauscifasciatus or daedelma, depending on which one comes in first.

what's your experience on C. mesoleucos? if you have any.

i find the white face brown body very striking. but never seen it in real life before. according to literature, very fierce. reef-safe wise?

so far most of my residences are fairly reef safe being mostly chelmon sp, forcipiger sp and centropyge sp. the coradion and chaetodon paucifasciatus, mitratus and declives are the only questionable one but i'll let it slide.

as long as there aren't too many 100% non-reef safe 1 it shud be fine

Not brought in before by LFS i think, or i've not seen it being brought in yet. The only one i've seen is a huge one at 7 inches on display w a large conspic in Aquarama last year. Literature says it's v easy except for getting too big in size. The big mesoleucos at aquarama was brought in by the same supplier of our recent gem tangs and conspics, so if u're interested in getting one u'll know who to approach.

• Senior Reefer

Not brought in before by LFS i think, or i've not seen it being brought in yet. The only one i've seen is a huge one at 7 inches on display w a large conspic in Aquarama last year. Literature says it's v easy except for getting too big in size. The big mesoleucos at aquarama was brought in by the same supplier of our recent gem tangs and conspics, so if u're interested in getting one u'll know who to approach.

the problem is alot of these fishes come in at such big sizes.

i dunno why really. golden butterflies, wrought iron, mesoleucos, semeion etc almost never come in around 3-4 inches. are there only large ones in the wild??

Yap i remember they told me end of the year. But i only intend to keep one butterfly, pauscifasciatus or daedelma, depending on which one comes in first.

I think Daedelma is more worth to get.. You are one reefer that is very willing to spend!!!

Member of:

the problem is alot of these fishes come in at such big sizes.

i dunno why really. golden butterflies, wrought iron, mesoleucos, semeion etc almost never come in around 3-4 inches. are there only large ones in the wild??

Butterflies swim in the open in large group at big sizes. So big ones are easier to catch. Small juvi are singly and hiding or deeper so v hard to come by.

I think Daedelma is more worth to get.. You are one reefer that is very willing to spend!!!

I beg to differ, i think pauscifasciatus is more worth to get. Both are beautiful to me but i'm sure pauscifasciatus will come in smaller size and also it does not require low temp like daedelma plus it's pron ten times cheaper!

terryz, paucifasciatus is SO MUCH nicer than xanthurus. compare the colour. Paucifasciatus is SOOOO RED while xanthurus is just a cheap orange knock-off :P

Agree, it's like comparing carmabi to swalesi. The latter pales in comparison!

• Senior Reefer

Agree, it's like comparing carmabi to swalesi. The latter pales in comparison!

i've been looking for a swalesi for quite awhile now. the pictures on internet look quite nice.

finally saw a pair at CF today and instantly said no. so dull in real life. a matchstick compared to the supernova that is carmabi.

• Senior Reefer

anyway i managed to find a small C. mesoleucos. very cute when small.

but they have the tendency of looking very long, length wise, when they get older...

they're nicer when their fins are out stretched. i didn't know the eye bar will dissapear with age

post-15755-12764480894716_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12764481159176_thumb.jpg

i've been looking for a swalesi for quite awhile now. the pictures on internet look quite nice.

finally saw a pair at CF today and instantly said no. so dull in real life. a matchstick compared to the supernova that is carmabi.

That's why the price is 40 times more!

I told you liao.. Dun believe... LOL..

Member of:

but they have the tendency of looking very long, length wise, when they get older...

they're nicer when their fins are out stretched. i didn't know the eye bar will dissapear with age

There's another chaetodon tat looks rather similar to mesoleucos but it's v rare and unobtainable. It's Chaetodon nigropunctatus.

post-10328-12764483114448_thumb.jpg

Quite nice actually... But rarely bought in, only saw 1-2 times before...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

There's another chaetodon tat looks rather similar to mesoleucos but it's v rare and unobtainable. It's Chaetodon nigropunctatus.

this one even more similar! C. dialeucos!

even rarer..

post-15755-12764485168071_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12764485224416_thumb.jpg

Wrought Iron, no money to buy..

Sigh...

Jux buy less fishes and save the money for the wrought instead? It'll be 1k or hopefully lower, cheaper than interruptus. I believe in buying few fishes u like rather many fishes u can afford. Below pic shows a v nice contrast in colours between the 3 fishes. Maybe something i can head towards in the near future if i end up w a wrought iron instead of pauscifasciatus.

post-10328-12764490615614_thumb.jpg

how bout this? it's beautiful too and obtainable via reborn :)

this particular picture looks like a longnose butterfly lol.

P.Brasiliensis is nice, but i like P.Aya and P.Marcellae more.