OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Finally know the name of the chromis at LCK thanks to chingchai, but sadly it's not a chromis but a damsel.

Chrysiptera rollandi, interestingly this fish has two colour variants and is one of the less aggressive and best damsels to keep! So if u wan a cute and peaceful damsel, there are still four at LCK.

p-80478-Black-Cap-Damsel.jpg

RollandsDemoiselleWMD_Ap19AD.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Finally know the name of the chromis at LCK thanks to chingchai, but sadly it's not a chromis but a damsel.

Chrysiptera rollandi, interestingly this fish has two colour variants and is one of the less aggressive and best damsels to keep! So if u wan a cute and peaceful damsel, there are still four at LCK.

p-80478-Black-Cap-Damsel.jpg

RollandsDemoiselleWMD_Ap19AD.jpg

ahh YES YES. rolland's damsel. remember liao.

• Senior Reefer

liveaquaria is offering the Chrysiptera tricincta. aka tuxedo damsel.

it originates from fiji! maybe can see this one day. it's one of the nicer damsels. very demure and cute looking.

post-15755-084880800 1279539653_thumb.jp

liveaquaria is offering the Chrysiptera tricincta. aka tuxedo damsel.

it originates from fiji! maybe can see this one day. it's one of the nicer damsels. very demure and cute looking.

I am waiting for this.. But it is difficult to get as damsel are not high in demand and the price might not justify for damselfish...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I am waiting for this.. But it is difficult to get as damsel are not high in demand and the price might not justify for damselfish...

can ask victor or steven to try bring in.

since it's a damsel and not a rare wrasse, it may be on walt smith's fish stock list.

• Senior Reefer

I tot I told you before when you asked me at Ah Beng on Friday.. LOL!!! It is quite peaceful actually... Joe had a few i think...

yah i know!! haha. i remember someone telling me and i just happen to forget the name that day.

i will get it if it's below $30. any higher and it will be too ex for a damsel.

LOL... Starcki is $45 leh.. LOL... I just went thru Walts Smith online stocklist... I guess they have separate one for distributors... LOL...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

LOL... Starcki is $45 leh.. LOL... I just went thru Walts Smith online stocklist... I guess they have separate one for distributors... LOL...

marjorie wrasse is not on the list according to victor. but i think if we enquire, we can get it.

the tuxedo damsel, i should ask. coz it's nice and i want it.

starcki 45 is still ok coz starcki keep 1 only mah. tuxedo i think can keept in a pair or trio. if one is 45, way too ex for me

marjorie wrasse is not on the list according to victor. but i think if we enquire, we can get it.

the tuxedo damsel, i should ask. coz it's nice and i want it.

starcki 45 is still ok coz starcki keep 1 only mah. tuxedo i think can keept in a pair or trio. if one is 45, way too ex for me

You ask when you go Iwarna lor... Since you go so often... LOL...It would be nice to keep a trio of tuxedo..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

You ask when you go Iwarna lor... Since you go so often... LOL...It would be nice to keep a trio of tuxedo..

i like tuxedo coz the ventral fins are very nice. and the face is rounded and cute.

• Senior Reefer

what wrasse is this?

looks like vanuatu flame wrasse.

what exactly is a vanuatu flame wrasse then? since we're on this topic. isit C. nachyaki? or an undescribed species.

post-15755-096452800 1279544725_thumb.jp

what wrasse is this?

looks like vanuatu flame wrasse.

what exactly is a vanuatu flame wrasse then? since we're on this topic. isit C. nachyaki? or an undescribed species.

Looks like Nachyaki? Ask Digi...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

a tonozukai fairy wrasse.

it's either a young male specimen that looks horrible, or real life specimen really looks like this. in which case, it does not look nice at all.

post-15755-022774800 1279544810_thumb.jp

post-15755-009653300 1279544815_thumb.jp

post-15755-091721200 1279544832_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Looks like Nachyaki? Ask Digi...

nachyaki is such an ambiguous wrasse. it look so similar to vanuatu flame wrasse. who is to say it isnt?

besides. until now i still dont know what's a vanuatu flame wrasse.

nachyaki is such an ambiguous wrasse. it look so similar to vanuatu flame wrasse. who is to say it isnt?

besides. until now i still dont know what's a vanuatu flame wrasse.

I think Vanuatu flame wrasse, the break between the red and orange is more distinct?

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

It is a different one??

hooded wrasse is totally different from "vanuatu flame wrasse"

* i will use "vanuatu flame wrasse" from now since i dunno it's true identity, and i dun like to use false common names. It is unknown if "vanuatu flame wrasse" is cirrhilabrus nahacky, or nahacky is another species from another locale.

there are two very special wrasses that come from vanuatu shipments.

1 is the hooded wrasse, cirrhilabrus bathyphilus

1 is the "vanuatu flame wrasse", cirrhilabrus sp. (unknown to me for now)

for the hooded wrasse, there are two variants.

the one from vanuatu exhibits very clear distinction between the red and orange, giving a "hooded" impression.

the other variant comes from coral sea near australia. that one has no distinction in the red and orange, and is uniform in colour.

these are the photos.

first 3 are from vanuatu, last is from aussy

post-15755-097620500 1279545773_thumb.jp

post-15755-033974000 1279545786_thumb.jp

post-15755-066326400 1279545791_thumb.jp

post-15755-074063900 1279545795_thumb.jp